Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Costume-Con

Unread 04-16-2005, 01:37 AM   #16
J_Krolak

Photography background

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany
*LOL* Heavy artilery hmm? Well, I don't know if it will be THAT big, but..

Background? *perk!* What're you hearing?
First: I've found that when combined with a 28 to 200 (digital equivalent 35 to 350) zoom lens should be enough to shoot just about any costume / zoom in for nice tight detail shots (here's a link to give you an example of what I'm currently packing)
http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...t_ds-large.jpg

Second: Greg Brandt will be the official photographer of record for the convention. I've worked with him before and he has an excellent on site / traveling set up. Typically a nice masulin background and professional lighting for photos. I worked with him as the official photographers at the Chicago World Science fiction convention. (Most of the credits are his, but I managed a few backing him up as I was doing my own photographs and Poloroids for the judges). You can see some of his work from Costume Con 19 here: http://www.costume-con.org/CClink/CC19/Photos/sf.shtml

Third: as for our backgrounds, I've heard we will have the options of the stage curtains (nice velvet red) or the Egyptian style drape, professional photo papers, typically photo gray.... ANYTHING except the light absorbing black thin drapes.

Unread 04-17-2005, 03:15 PM   #17
Dany
..mind if I swoop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Krolak
Third: as for our backgrounds, I've heard we will have the options of the stage curtains (nice velvet red) or the Egyptian style drape, professional photo papers, typically photo gray.... ANYTHING except the light absorbing black thin drapes.
I like the idea of the Egyptian or the velvet red, but at the moment, anything that will keep me from camoflaging into the background. I'm wearing a little too much dark color again (what is it with me and costumes with a lot of black?).

2013 Events:
Animation on Display, San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival, Fanime, Japan Expo USA

http://www.2dmanor.com
Dany is offline   Reply With Quote