Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Anime Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-13-2005, 06:32 PM   #1
abellabella
Softy 4 grn eye anime men

Post Anime Monologues

For those who have been to AX you know that there is the AXIdol. I was curious to see if anyone knows of any anime monologues or perhaps where i can find some. I don't know if people have made such things, but i would like to perform at AX this year.

Thanks+

Unread 01-13-2005, 08:32 PM   #2
HybridTwist
Here to help

If you're doing the voice actor part of AX Idol, than I wouldn't worry about what you use. Some of people that made it into the finals last year had scripts that had nothing to do with anime. For example, some guy made up a script and than performed it (it was about him and his friends) and someone else did some LOTR dialouge (sp?), they were pretty funny .

However, if you want to use an anime monologue, I think most people got there's from a DVD that they already had. I used a monologue from His and Her Circumstances (I think it was Arima's monologue in ep. 5 about his childhood). Unfortunately, I didn't make it that year. You'll have a lot of competition if finalist from last plan to do it again this year. Good luck.

If you need help on props, PM me and I'll try to help you.
HybridTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2005, 08:44 PM   #3
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Uhm, yeah, I know this is for AX but it isn't actually about AX, and should've been put in Anime Chat. =/

I'd just get one by thinking about your favorite series and then going back and watching them and taking notes down. :P

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2005, 09:14 PM   #4
Marychan
Mary-chan

Yeah the best way is to put together something from you favorite anime series. It could be a theme you like, and you can piece it together by organizing it in a way that best convey the message.

For instant I have this GREAT monologue I piece together from Fruits Basket, where Hatori is reminiscing his past memory with Kana, it is so sad and well put together. The thing is, I just remember that I have no voice acting talent. HEHE.
Unread 01-13-2005, 11:30 PM   #5
GTC
Surprised Asleep!!!!!!!

Monologues are not necessarily soliloquies. A monologue can be a conversation where one side is only needed because the other is very obvious, such as a phone conversation. Kare Kano has some great emotional monologues because Yukino constantly muses to herself, Perfect Blue has some good twisted stuff, GTO as well, but I am just looking at my own collection.
Unread 01-14-2005, 11:43 PM   #6
abellabella

thanks guys, i just wish i had more anime dvds. The only one i could use would require those high pitch annoying squeels and whines. I'd rather not make people go crazy..lol. oh wait i remember 1 i can use, maybe..
State Alchemist, yeah i did see the axidol last year. I was dissapointed when anime wasn't part of a few people's performances (i can remember that Ash guy lol), kinda killed the whole 'at an anime con' but oh well i shouldn't talk--they got that far.
Unread 01-15-2005, 06:02 PM   #7
Dewprincess
Token RPG Princess Figure

Wow, a voice acting competition? I wish I could participate in one of those...I'm a theatre major so I know a lot about non-anime monologues but I've never thought of doing one from an anime before. I'll have to look at some and see what good ones I find now.
Aeris (FFVII) 100%; Aerith (KH) 100%; Princess Peach Toadstool (Super Mario Bros.) 95%; Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket) 20%; Yukino Miyazawa (Kare Kano) 30%; Zidane Tribal (FFIX) 35%; Princess Garnet (FFIX) still in planning stage
Dewprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2005, 06:10 PM   #8
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

monolouge? Well, there's plenty of monolouges in Wolf's Rain, but I can only think of a few specificly; the Book of the Moon one (not sure if that's the name- the one that starts "I tell you now the words of Red Moon..."), Kiba's dialouge in end of the last episode, and Tsume talking about how he got his scar.

Then, of course, you could always put together maybe like...Quent's thoughts on his family, Cheza's dialouge...etc...

You could also use strings of revelant dialouge put together.

And Vash's soliliquies at the end of Trigun episodes are useful.

^.^ The great part is, you can use them for any acting thing where you have to prepare a monolouge. I'm going to try to do more theater stuff next year, so I'm on the hunt for anime monolouges as well.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2005, 08:22 PM   #9
abellabella

Yeah it looks like i'll have to take various lines and try to make them work. I think i may know what i'm gonna do.