Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Unread 01-18-2005, 01:51 AM   #1
TeP0t

Help with Sauske costume from Naruto

I can't find a blue shirt like the one Sauske has for Naruto. How do you make the collar so huge? I already made the fan sign for the back but I still need help on the blue shirt part with the collar. DOn't know what to do... Any help? or Suggestions?
TeP0t is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-18-2005, 02:41 AM   #2
Amethyst Angel
Hoop Skirt Fetishist

For the shirt I made, I bought a regular T-shirt pattern, shortened the sleeves, and then added a wide rectangle on the top of the shirt for the stand-up collar. To make the collar stand up, I sewed a strip of buckram to the white lining of the shirt. (Buckram is a stiff fabric used for making hats, usually. Ask around for it at JoAnn's Fabrics and they'll be able to point you to it.)

Amethyst's Prop Blog
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cosplayer's Prop and Armor Compendium
I'VE NOW GOT STYRENE FOR SALE!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my NEW ETSY STORE!
Amethyst Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2005, 12:59 AM   #3
TeP0t

hmm thanks but you used a normal blue shirt? and I have a question about the shorts... is it white or tan? and can you buy it anywhere?
Unread 01-19-2005, 02:02 AM   #4
-Nayami-
Makai tenjou!

I made my shorts white.

For the shirt, when I cosplayed as Sasuke, I used a sweatshirt pull-over pattern, making the collar (the basic shape was provided in the pattern) slightly taller and wider, and I shortened the sleeves to t-shirt length. The collar was made stiff using interfacing, which was sewn between the outer blue and the inner white lining.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=243365 There's my Sasuke costume. Its not the greatest photo, but (unfortunately) its one of the only ones I have, since I didn't take too many pictures of myself in that costume.
-Nayami- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2005, 12:23 AM   #5
TeP0t

o nice

one question though, which sweater did you use? i mean like where did you buy it as in what store... like old navy, anchor blue or so on? and what did you use to make the collar?
Unread 02-02-2005, 11:36 PM   #6
TeP0t

I have FInally finished the costume!..... I am just missing the shoes...... Gosh how am I going to do it? Any Tips? I really have no clue...
Unread 04-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #7
GothicLizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruno Sakura View Post
I made my shorts white.

For the shirt, when I cosplayed as Sasuke, I used a sweatshirt pull-over pattern, making the collar (the basic shape was provided in the pattern) slightly taller and wider, and I shortened the sleeves to t-shirt length. The collar was made stiff using interfacing, which was sewn between the outer blue and the inner white lining.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=243365 There's my Sasuke costume. Its not the greatest photo, but (unfortunately) its one of the only ones I have, since I didn't take too many pictures of myself in that costume.

What pattern did you use for the shirt? i've got to make a shirt w/ a nearly identical coller for my friends yoyo cosplay
GothicLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote