Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Fanime

Closed Thread
Unread 12-30-2002, 02:49 PM   #1
Sachiko

Who's coming? And what will you cosplay as!?

Yeah! Cuz this is the only convention I'll be going to, so I just wanna know ^_^

http://asaphira-sachi.livejournal.com

Unread 12-30-2002, 03:00 PM   #2
RyuHayabusaDOA2
Dark Lord Of The Sith

me, I'll be going as Domon Kasshu from G Gundam(the dude in the avatar) and possibly Roger Smith from The Big O!

Photograpy Page:AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC
Unread 12-30-2002, 03:18 PM   #3
videogirlc

I'm coming haven't decided what costumes I will be wearing though.
Unread 12-30-2002, 04:03 PM   #4
Chas
It's Not Anime

Bwee.... costume-ness. ^____^

HoroHoro - Shaman King
Souma Ayame - Fruits Basket
Shindou Shuichi - Gravitation
Kaga Tetsuo - Hikaru No Go
Kinosita Minami - Fruits Basket

As always, it's subject to change. But hopefully not. XD

TeniMyUSA! The Prince of Tennis Musical Cosplay Group

Last edited by Chas : 04-10-2003 at 03:47 PM.
Unread 12-30-2002, 06:25 PM   #5
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I wouldn't miss Fanime for anything... even if AX is only a couple weeks after it this year. ^_^; Wooo connage. *edited 2/25*

Umm. BOLD TEXT TIME YAY!
I'm gonna be cosplaying: *edited*

- Ryuuzaki Umi from Magic Knight Rayearth, with Hikaru and Fuu, together in school uniforms one day and second stage armor the next.. woohoo!

- Pirika from Shaman King, with a medium sized mankin group I hope. ^^ yay for reusing wigs at the same con. *points at Umi* at least they look veryvery different. :F

- T.M.Revolution in his Hot Limit outfit.. I've been postponing it for a year, and Fanime has those fountains in front that would work well for photos.. but I don't know how well they'd take to me wearing such a thing. :P (it's a bunch of straps. that's it. I swear.)

- Shiranui Mai from Fatal Fury the Movie, in her battle outfit and a silly outfit from the movie only hardcore fans will recognize. X_X with ANDY~!~~

*blanks* Uhhh. I think there's something else. I've been too busy planning for A-kon lately... blah. So Umi/Pirika/TMR/Mai are the only most definiates. Yeah. Woo. Maybe some other small thing on the last day. <3 I'm saving other stuff for AX, y'see. ^_~ I wanted to do Nikki, but now I might save it for AX or Otakon or something.. I really dunno. My Miki dropped out. T_T

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)

Last edited by Michi : 02-26-2003 at 12:59 AM.
Unread 12-30-2002, 07:30 PM   #6
Sachiko

Yooo hhooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wai wai!! I'm so glad!!!

Unread 12-30-2002, 07:41 PM   #7
katchoo
Gaming Angel

I'm going and will probably bring : yuna x2, dark chii, ayane, and tohru
Unread 12-30-2002, 07:47 PM   #8
Adella
MalonxLink 4 EVAR11

Cosplay.com is definately not going.
Unread 12-30-2002, 07:49 PM   #9
katchoo
Gaming Angel

why aeris? Is it not a fun con? Please pm me about it, cause it's quite the drive and if you experienced something bad about it I would like to know.
Unread 12-30-2002, 07:59 PM   #10
Sachiko

I know, why? Fanime is not bad, right?

Unread 12-30-2002, 08:28 PM   #11
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Katchoo ~ Fanime was the first con I went to back in 2K and I've returned every year... I've never had problems with the staff or anything, and the masquerade is fun whether you're in or out (I was in it in 2000, saw it in 2001, and was in it again in 2002).
But it's the people I go to cons for, for my friends... I love the area too, and the hotel is just lovely (it's been at the same place every year I've gone).
I've driven farther than Fanime probably is to you for cons that are handled badly, but went just to have fun with friends and stuff.. ^^; I dunnoooo.

Unread 12-30-2002, 09:30 PM   #12
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

katchoo: Yay! :) I can't wait to see ya. Hmm, is Fanime the first con we're actually gonna see each other in person?

Fanime was my first anime con starting this... err... 2002. :) It's a local con so it's really easy to go to, just a 30 min drive. Though I have to admit I'm *not* looking forward to wearing my Zack costume and then walking across the street from the parking lot to the convention center... XO

Anyway, Fanime has a very lame weapon's policy. It's very subjective, one person's fake weapon will get past security, but a really fake plastic sword might not. It depends on the hotel security at the time. At least, that's how I understand it. So be careful with any props that you take to Fanime.

I'll probably not be taking my Squall gunblade, but that's ok, will be going in my new SeeD uniform instead and it keeps my hands free. :>
Unread 12-30-2002, 09:35 PM   #13
Umi
Bass-inating

Well I was going anyway... but if I wasn't the possibility of T.M.Revolution would be enough to convince me to go. ^__^

I'm going as Makimachi Misao .... =/ there's a possibility of R. Dorothy from the Big O... but it's a bit iffy.
Unread 12-30-2002, 09:38 PM   #14
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Oh, yeah. I heard about the weapons policy being lame, but like. ^^; I don't even use props like that. My Rayearth group wants to make swords, but us even doing that is iffy... It's okay if we get them checked, right?

Woo! More power to TMR! (and as to your sig, Umi, I love Angel Song ~Eve no Kane~.. I've been looking for an mp3 for a while X_x)

Actually, umm group opinion? I want to wear this: http://nuriko.virtualave.net/images/hotlimit.jpg (it's already in progress, so I'm MAKING it no matter what) to Fanime, but... I dunno if I should. Posing outside in front of the fountains around early morning (pretty sunrise) for pictures is my main reason for wanting to bring it. XD
Lemme point out that I'm female, but the chest strap is big enough to cover if I have an ace bandage underneath, and I have no problems with showing that much skin.. My biggest costumes last year were three Shiranui Mai outfits and Kuja from FF9. o_o It's just the fact that I'll be outside, and um, yeah, security anyone? *hides*

Unread 12-30-2002, 09:44 PM   #15
ZiggyB
The Fuzz

Michi: That's the thing, they probably won't let you check it. :( That's the lameless about it. Well it's really the hotel security's opinion of the weapon, it's not really the conventions fault I suppose...

As for the costume, more power to ya! :D It's not more revealing then any other anime costumes I've seen, though I don't know what the front looks like... ;)

Edit:

Oh I forgot my costume list. :)

Johnny from DDR
Squall in SeeD Uniform
Zack from Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore
Oburi from Kite (hopefully with Sawa if she can make it)
And a surprise... :D

Last edited by ZiggyB : 12-30-2002 at 09:53 PM.
Closed Thread