Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon > Rides / Roommates

Unread 01-20-2005, 11:53 AM   #1
Ayvina
Mischevious Minx

Looking for Roommates! (Females Only!)

Hi everyone,

I am going to Otakon alone and I am traveling from Denver, CO. I am also planning on Volunteering at Otakon, so this all means that I will probably be there from Thursday till Sunday. Now I don't know anyone up in Baltimore, and none of my other friends wish to come to Otakon with me, so to keep costs down, I would like to get a few roommates for Otakon 2005. I am not sure how many people we will want, I am sure we all want the cost to stay down, so honestly it's up to everyone else that rooming with me. We could have anywhere from 3-6 roommates I guess. So if you are interested please feel free to PM me and we can get the details down!

Unread 01-25-2005, 09:56 PM   #2
Mistress_Aine
|Invisble to the World|

We might be looking for a roomate but we have one guy in our group...there are three of us right now..we already have reservations...If you are interested as soon as i find out for sure if we need one i will let you know..we are in the holiday inn.
Mistress_Aine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2005, 09:42 AM   #3
Ayvina
Mischevious Minx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Aine
We might be looking for a roomate but we have one guy in our group...there are three of us right now..we already have reservations...If you are interested as soon as i find out for sure if we need one i will let you know..we are in the holiday inn.
I don't mind rooming with a guy, just figured SOMEONE might if I ended up rooming with girls. But it would be wonderful if I could room with you, if you still have need someone.
Unread 01-30-2005, 12:37 PM   #4
Mistress_Aine
|Invisble to the World|

That would be awesome. There are three of us right now. Myself and my best friends, Lauren and Sean. If you stay Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night it will be about $160. We are staying til monday so if you decide to stay as well it will be a lil' more. We are friendly, we don't bite, we cosplay, and we take baths- always a good thing. Umm...you can email me or pm me here. We will be glad to have you.
Unread 01-30-2005, 10:44 PM   #5
Tess
Cupcake Rufflebutt

Yes, it would be so wonderful to have you! [I'm Lauren, one of the friends that Aine spoke of. ^__^] We had originally planned on having four people in our room, but one member of our group has dropped out [well, was kicked out... *cough* but that's quite a long story, LOL] and we've been so worried about finding a fourth roommate, to keep the room cost down. ^___^ It's quite a relief to have found someone interested.

It's funny, Aine and I were reading through your profile today, as we were curious about your tastes in anime and cosplay, and wow -- We have so many similar interests! We're big fans of HP, LotR, Yuu Watase, Inu-Yasha, FF, Angel Sanctuary, and so much else. ^_^ So neat.

Out of curiousity, any idea what cosplay you'll be bringing to Otakon?

Quote:
and we take baths- always a good thing.
LOL, yes, we are very cleanly. *giggles* It's sort-of sad that cleanliness is something you'd have to check for, but given the state of Otaku-dom... ^^; I'd be relieved to find roommates that shower daily, LOL.

@-->--- Tess

deviantart • acp • facebook
Tess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2005, 07:22 AM   #6
Ayvina
Mischevious Minx

*chuckles* Well I am glad you all bathe heh ^^ I actually roomed with someone at AWA last year and they didn't take a shower once through the whole con ;.;

And as for what I am planning on cosplaying, I have a few ideas in mind. One that is for sure is Fina from Skies of Arcadia. Other than that one, the one's I am picking from are Freya from Chobits, Sango or Kikyo from Inuyasha and Tomoyo from Tsubasa.

And I think it'll be fun to room together ^^ We really do have a lot in common ^^ *looked at your profiles as well* Yay for similar tastes ^^ *dances*

Last edited by Ayvina : 02-09-2005 at 07:29 AM.
Ayvina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2005, 11:43 AM   #7
Dread Demon
let the darkness enter...

Well apparently all this discussion has been goin on behind my back...but its nice to know I'm in the thouhts of those I have to room with... :-D

Well anyway, I'm the guy in both profiles you've gone through, and the unintentional founder of the name Mistress Aine has seemingly chosen for us.

Blehh
Dread Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2005, 11:48 AM   #8
Mistress_Aine
|Invisble to the World|

Lol. Ignore him. He is all for it as well. I am excited that we found someone. We are doing our Inuyasha costumes down there as well so this will be interesting. Lol. As time gets closer to Otakon we will have to select a time to meet and such so we can find our room and what not. Welcome to our room! Lol.
Unread 02-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #9
Ayvina
Mischevious Minx

Nice to meet you Dread Demon ^^ And I can't wait till Otakon ^^ I am very glad you all graciously offered a place in your room for me. *dances and hugs you all* Oh and if you have any questions for me just feel free to ask. I am a lot easier to find if you hunt me down on AIM ^^ But I do check Cosplay.com frequently enough ^^

And we can set up all the details as it gets closer to Otakon time. I'll be flying in (since driving from Denver doesn't really appeal to me *laughs*), so I'll probably be hitching a cab or shuttle to the hotel, unless I can find someone to bum a ride off of *laughs*

*hums happily* Anyways, I'm off to my evil Psych homework *glares at the essay and 10 ton book* Ja ne ^^
Unread 05-11-2005, 11:25 AM   #10
Tess
Cupcake Rufflebutt

Just stopping in to check that you're still with us, Ayvina. ^__^ I don't think anyone's mentioned it here yet, but we've had a slight change in our rooming situation... Nothing that will affect you too much, and, I am happy to report, the price will actually be a bit cheaper. It turns out that Dread Demon is getting deployed to Iraq this month [which we are very sad about >_<;], so he will no longer be with us. However, two other girls from cosplay.com will be joining us, ACXchan and her friend [forget her username]. They're a really awesome bunch, and we will now have five in our room, instead of four. Not too many, I hope. ^__^ It will be so great to meet everyone.

Any updates on the costumes? I've recently [read: yesterday] changed my Integral cosplay to a Kikyou, purely for cost-cutting measures. Aine will be doing Kagura, which I'm thrilled about. She will be amazing. ^__^ So anyway, if you do bring your Kikyou costume, we should get pictures together, LOL. Twin Kikyou's.

Just letting you know that I'm alive. Can't wait until Otakon.

@-->--- Tess

deviantart • acp • facebook
Tess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2005, 11:55 AM   #11
Mistress_Aine
|Invisble to the World|

I actually believe I already messaged her on the situation, Tess.