Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 162 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 01-13-2003, 03:04 AM   #46
Oshidori
Jesus is my homeboy!

Quote:
That's okay. Actually I sorta wanted to apologize to someone I think is on this board. It was the female Ranma with you and I sorta took her picture as she passed by without asking and she looked pretty mad ^^;;;;;; So, we're even *scratches head* *sweatdrop*
lol! gomen! it's a reflex! that was my first time cosplaying at a con, so i needed to adjust to the random picture taking. I tend to look pretty...erm...'interesting' in my day to day life, so people around the city tend to take pictures of me, and i don't trust tourists or photographers that take my pics without my permission first (it usually starts me screaming). So if i flashed you a dirty look i assure you it was out of habit and not because i was actually mad!! I'm much better now that i've established a 'con' mode

Leela: Bender, maybe you can interface with the Femputer and
reprogram it to let them go?
Bender: Maybe you can interface with my ass... by biting it!
Oshidori is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-14-2003, 06:17 PM   #47
Cyber Wolf
Bone Daddy

Ah... that reminds me, I have con pics to scan...
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2003, 09:01 PM   #48
Cyber Wolf
Bone Daddy

Scanned in and in my gallery! Go check it out... 8)
Unread 01-15-2003, 12:16 AM   #49
Oshidori
Jesus is my homeboy!

HAHAHA! the back of me!! w00000t!

I swear, it's almost as if i didn't go to this con, the way it seems. EVERYONE i was with were in pics, and i've only seen one (well, now two) of me. And i can tell the group i was with had pics taken of them right before i got there or after I went somewhere else. Arg me

Leela: Bender, maybe you can interface with the Femputer and
reprogram it to let them go?
Bender: Maybe you can interface with my ass... by biting it!
Oshidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2003, 07:25 AM   #50
Cyber Wolf
Bone Daddy

There's another one in there too, of you walking. That's when you shot the look and I ran ^^;;;

Ah, sweet memories
Unread 01-15-2003, 09:31 AM   #51
Ranma Saotome
DeShawn Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally posted by Oshidori
HAHAHA! the back of me!! w00000t!

I swear, it's almost as if i didn't go to this con, the way it seems. EVERYONE i was with were in pics, and i've only seen one (well, now two) of me. And i can tell the group i was with had pics taken of them right before i got there or after I went somewhere else. Arg me
Well damn Oshi, Girl-Type, you're already flying up the ranks.
Anime Jam Session Episode #128 is now up for download: www.animejamsession.com
RSS Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/AnimeJamSession
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/anime-jam-session/id280235645
Anime Jam Session on the VOG Network, LIVE! Tuesdays @ 9:30PM EST: www.VOGNetwork.com!
2013 Convention Schedule: Nauticons, AWA?, AAC

Ranma Saotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2003, 10:35 AM   #52
residue
Tohofuhai

Iím black, well half black anyways. Itís does become bit of a hassle when choosing a person to cosplay, I am often limited by a characterís skin color. i look Spanish\Arab in the summer and like a white guy with a tan in the winter. This year Iím gonna cosplay as barret from ff7, Sean from street fighter 3 and Pedro from excel saga. Here's what i look like

Last edited by residue : 01-17-2003 at 11:01 AM.
residue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2003, 11:41 AM   #53
Ranma Saotome
DeShawn Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally posted by residue
Iím black, well half black anyways. Itís does become bit of a hassle when choosing a person to cosplay, I am often limited by a characterís skin color. i look Spanish\Arab in the summer and like a white guy with a tan in the winter. This year Iím gonna cosplay as barret from ff7, Sean from street fighter 3 and Pedro from excel saga. Here's what i look like
Residue, don't let skin color limit your cosplaying. Never. Wow, looks like there's gonna be three Barret Wallaces on the East Coast con circuit now!
Anime Jam Session on the VOG Network, LIVE! Tuesdays @ 9:30PM EST: www.VOGNetwork.com!

Unread 01-17-2003, 11:44 AM   #54
Studmaster
The King of Games!

For me, I don't see skin color as a limitation into what one should Cosplay. I know not everyone agrees, but none of us are perfect, flawless versions of the charcters we choose to dress as. So knowing that, I say that you shouldn't limit yourself because you're black or any other color. And besides there are other, more legit reasons not to cosplay a charcter.
Studmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2003, 12:49 PM   #55
Mako-san
Press A! Press A!

I totally agree Studmaster! You should cosplay for the love of it. To reach your potential and to most importantly have fun!! Never let a think like your skin color hold you back from cosplaying your favorite characters.

I understand you Residue! Most people name every other race, then I have to explain why I exsist.... Can't we just say We are Americans?!
Mako-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2003, 12:57 PM   #56
Ranma Saotome
DeShawn Pilgrim

When I was in boot camp, we weren't black, white, asian, or anything like that. We were green. You were either dark green or light green. It worked. ^^
Unread 01-20-2003, 12:40 AM   #57
Tetsugyu
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
Residue, don't let skin color limit your cosplaying. Never. Wow, looks like there's gonna be three Barret Wallaces on the East Coast con circuit now!
Residue: Ranma is right. BTW you'd make a killer Berret! You have to think about one thing. Anime characters, though appear Anglo, are ment to be Japanese. Save many, but still. Point is that we as whatever skin, race, sex, creed ect don't say "Hey, I'm not like that so I won't cosplay that character." Crossplayers don't let it stop them. Though I wish it would for some of the dudes! (j/k) Do what you like. Don't let your skin color stop you. For instance...

My best friend, Nathan, is black and is a member of my cosplay group (link below). Unfortunatley he's moved out of state and can't be with us. He's has the perfect body shape for the character he plays; Taisou from Giant Robo. What's ironic is that I have the perfect body shape for Tetsugyu (see Icon), yet my complection is more fair than my hispanic blood will alow. Nate and I always say that if we could exchange skin colors, we'd be the perfect cosplayers for our characters, in the same way Aeris-chan (Adella) is the perfect Aeris and Dale is the perfect Rupan-sansei. There's my 2 cents.

Last edited by Tetsugyu : 07-19-2004 at 05:18 PM.
Tetsugyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2003, 10:19 AM   #58
John Booty
The Waffle Truth

As somebody who's obviously not black, I just wanna say that I think it's cool when I see a black cosplayer cosplaying somebody that's not black. I say, go for it.
John Booty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2003, 12:11 PM   #59
Ranma Saotome
DeShawn Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally posted by John Booty
As somebody who's obviously not black, I just wanna say that I think it's cool when I see a black cosplayer cosplaying somebody that's not black. I say, go for it.
Thank you! JB, it's words like that makes cosplaying more fun for me.

Unread 01-20-2003, 12:13 PM   #60
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

yes! This thread is picking up! Skin color shouldn't matter! I cosplay what i want to and if someone has anything to say about..well.....that's them *keeps other comment to herself* I was searching some threads and people find it the upmost importantance to LOOK like your character. There's no way i can look like any character. MAYBE my hair, but that's about it. *and i have nappy hair o)*
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote