Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 163 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 01-20-2003, 12:13 PM   #61
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

YAY! John Booty!!!!! We thank you!
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-20-2003, 12:20 PM   #62
Ranma Saotome
DeShawn Pilgrim

*puts a hat on* Do not mention nappy hair! Hey, you'd better come to Animazement!
Ranma Saotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2003, 12:22 PM   #63
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

I'm gonna be there with bells on! Ok....not literally, but.......ANYWAY! Hope to see ya there! Ya know, get a few pics and stuff! I'll be the one looking overly excited!
Unread 01-20-2003, 12:28 PM   #64
Ranma Saotome
DeShawn Pilgrim

Hehehehe!!!
Ranma Saotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 01:28 AM   #65
Kurai
Dragon Master of Gehenna

Eep, guess I'm a little late ne?

I'm also a dark-skinned cosplayer! Well, I'm Jamacian/Scottish/Japanese and some other stuff I'm sure. ^^

But yes, It shouldn't matter what your skin color is just cosplay! I like to cosplay dark skinned anime/manga/game characters because I try to go for characters I look like, and portraying the character very well. But hell, I've cosplay lighter skinned characters as well! Not to mention my love for BLUE skinned characters.. ^^ heh

{Cosplay}
Himemiya Anthy
{tv rosebride}
{ohtori school uniform}
Kurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 01:44 AM   #66
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

A thread's come back to life! GOOOO black / dark skinned cosplayers!! Cosplay anyone you want to!! I'll take pics! I have a little niece who is half African-American and half Chinese-American - I'm hoping that someday I can persuade her parents to let me corrupt her with cosplay....
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 03:32 AM   #67
TsukiNoBara
Poser

I know this topic has gone a little off, but I'm gonna go to back to the original post. I'm black too, so add another notch to your count. I like to try and look like the character I cosplay, but I don't want to be limited to just dark skinned characters. So if I want to cosplay someone, I'm going for it, black, white, yellow, blue, green, whatever, it doesn't matter.

PS.
Karisu> how old is your niece? She sounds cute. I hope you can get her to cosplay one day.
TsukiNoBara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 04:41 AM   #68
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

My niece is now 4, and absolutely adorable. ^________^

Yes! I'd love to have her join us for cosplay! I'll have to explain what it is in great depth to her parents though; they are not Anime fans....

~~~~~~

Karisu-Dilandau wants to meet up with Noir Lumine-Allen Shezar sometime! Muahaha!!
Unread 06-27-2003, 08:01 AM   #69
Blackusagi
Too much fabric? NEVER!!!

Raises hand I'm black and dressed up as usagi in the high school uniform not upp in my gallery b/c i didn't make it
Blackusagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 12:19 PM   #70
Giant Alucard
DooD, it is Glorious!

I'm half Black and half white..... so I guess that would make me grey!!! LOL!!! I cosplay who I like and don't really pay any attention to the skin color!!! Props to anyone out there who does the same!! W00t.

Spartan - 300
Riddick - Chronicles of Riddick
Rios - Army of Two
Lister - Red Dwarf
Junpei - Megatokyo
Luchadore - Nuff Said
Giant Alucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 08:21 PM   #71
Yumeko
20 years sewing strong

believe it or not, I'm black, but I am an albino and I really enjoy the fine art that is cosplayin....it gives me a chance to hide my unpressed hair under wigs LOL
Yumeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 10:54 PM   #72
BitterBeing
The REAL Solid Snake, OK?

I'm half black, and half white. Here, i get both sides of the racism. x_o oh well.
BitterBeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 10:57 PM   #73
Romann
Fantastic Explosion

Quote:
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
My niece is now 4, and absolutely adorable. ^________^

Yes! I'd love to have her join us for cosplay! I'll have to explain what it is in great depth to her parents though; they are not Anime fans....

~~~~~~

Karisu-Dilandau wants to meet up with Noir Lumine-Allen Shezar sometime! Muahaha!!
I hope her parents say yes ^^ Cosplay can become a hobby that is better than what some other kids get themselves into >.<

I'm definitely gonna be at AX in 04! I'm not retiring that costume anytime soon ,so we'll get losta pics! And hopefully I won't get slapped*hides thinking about how Dilandau slaps the dragonslayers around* lol

Now that I think about it, I haven't really done any dark-skinned characters. I usually like the character, than the outfit * sometimes the other way around* ^^
Unread 06-27-2003, 11:07 PM   #74
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

*Does the 'Her thread is BACK dance* WHOO! Never expected this one to ressurect! LOOK, i used to type in black! *gasp* ANYWAY, i'm still cosplaying whoever! lol! And even got my little sis and little cousin into it! *laughs eviliy* Yes, they're black. lol Amaya (some may have noticed her with me at AZ 03 if they went......) will be Manta (Shaman King) and Merle(Escaflowne)! My sis will be Rikku (FFX-2) and Anna(Shaman King)! I'M being Yoh(Shaman King, i',m actually CROSSplaying!) and Misty(Pokemon)! YAY 4 ME! Now...must see how orange wig will look on me......

To Karisu-sama: Your daughter actually inspired me to grab my little cousin and dress her as Merle! She's SO adorable! Both of your daughters are! lol

Last edited by !*Jessi-Chan*! : 06-27-2003 at 11:12 PM.
Unread 06-27-2003, 11:31 PM   #75
Karisu-sama
Board Moderator

Ooooooh, Jessi-chan, I'd love to see piccies of your little cousin as Merle! - And also pics of you and your little sis cosplaying too, of course! ^______^

BitterBeing - move to the SF bay Area - you'll get less crap from losers. ^^ "Mixed" people are all over the place here.

Noir Lumine - I don't think Dilandau hits Allen. He either fights him or says "Oniisamaaaa!"