Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 217 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 06-28-2003, 12:24 AM   #76
Radical Urd
Good to be Back

Hex Yeah! Black powa! No no I'm not in the black panthers! But anywho this thread is old, so old i thought it was new, then i saw it dates back to January. O_O Anywho! Yeah for the mixed children of the world! Dyou know that mixed children are most asthetically pleasing? (means we are more pretty^_^) So go date someone outside your race! Break down those racial barriers! Wow I have no idea what i'm talking about its like really late at night.
But its good to see some black people here. Um I have no idea where Kamui is but he's black also hmmm......
Radical Urd is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2003, 04:17 AM   #77
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Urd
So go date someone outside your race! Break down those racial barriers!
I did! I did! ^^
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2003, 10:24 AM   #78
LadyXenie
Pain can be trusted...

Umm hi! I'm a black cosplayer..Well this year at Otakon will be my first year cosplaying. But how exciting anyway! ^_^;;
Unread 06-28-2003, 03:04 PM   #79
Kurai
Dragon Master of Gehenna

Quote:
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
A thread's come back to life! GOOOO black / dark skinned cosplayers!! Cosplay anyone you want to!! I'll take pics! I have a little niece who is half African-American and half Chinese-American - I'm hoping that someday I can persuade her parents to let me corrupt her with cosplay....
hehe, Get them when their young ne Karisu-sama? ^_^

BTW I love both you and your daughters cosplay! So cool *_*

{Cosplay}
Himemiya Anthy
{tv rosebride}
{ohtori school uniform}
Kurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 04:04 PM   #80
Kaijugal
☆FibreFantasyArtist

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyber Wolf
I wouldn't call you an airhead, I'd call you wise. ^^ As for cosplaying dark-skinned characters, I'd have to like them. But for Nadia I thought I could pull it off pretty well so I did. Nver doin' that again XP
You make a totally adorable Nadia! Why not do it again?

~Kai
P.S. I'm green.

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels, Contests, Classes and Events. Costumes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitons, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Big Fricken Trophies and so much more!
Get your membership today!
www.costumecon32.com
Kaijugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 10:07 PM   #81
Ranma Saotome
DeShawn Pilgrim

I look forward to seeing some of y'all at Otakon. A friend of mine once said that I'm a black cosplay pioneer. I'm not. I'm just doing what I love.
Ranma Saotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 10:56 PM   #82
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

*sighs* I WISH i could go to Otakon!!!!! BUT, school starts the same day it does and i wouldn't be able to go anyway! Oh well, i'll think of you all when i'm sitting in my school desk! lol
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 11:25 PM   #83
Radical Urd
Good to be Back

whoa!!! School starts that early???? Boy howdy it sucks to be you! J/K But no seriously that does blow. I'm really sorry..... Lollipop? *hands you a big swirly one*
Radical Urd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 11:29 PM   #84
Kawaii Yuna
The joy and the laughter!

Heya everyone! I'm a black cosplayer too! Yippee! My mom is from Trinidad and my dad is from Florida. lol! This year will be my first time cosplaying. I just hope that the cosplay media treats me kind. ^_^
Kawaii Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2003, 12:00 AM   #85
Ranma Saotome
DeShawn Pilgrim

They will Kawaii. They will.
Unread 06-30-2003, 12:07 AM   #86
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

*takes Lollipop* Thank you, i feel better! Oh,. congrats on joining our world, Kawaii! lol. I haven't made a costume yet, lol, but i've wanted to for years! I'm SO lazy!

Last edited by !*Jessi-Chan*! : 06-30-2003 at 12:10 AM.
Unread 06-30-2003, 12:13 AM   #87
AM Chair
Ani-Magic is Go!
Animagic

This is an interesting thread. I have always hoped more sisters and brothers would get into cosplay, and I do see quite a few in my con travels. Down in Texas at A-kon and AnimeFEST, there's this wonderful girl I know who does a terriffic Anthy. Another gent I met in seattle got out the green face paint and antenna and whamo..Piccolo! He had the muscles for it....

And another cute winsom girl I met had the figure to do Nadia. Strange that no one has dug up Claudia from Macross. A pioneer in strong black anime characters if there ever where any. And there ARE a lot of them, you just have to look. And just because you are black it doesn't mean you can't do the other characters... I mean, A brother cosplaying as Kenshin would be wicked dope. And sisters doing Mai Shiranui or Kasumi...cold shower time! And some of the absolute totally kawaii children are of asian /pacific island and black heritage, and when they cosplay in their teens and twenties, look out.

The only thing keeping more of our ilk out of cosplay/anime is the current infatuation with gangsta rap and other influences. It makes it hard for some of the kids to deal with their peers when they "break faith" and do their own thing.

Revell
AM Chair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2003, 12:19 AM   #88
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

RIGHT ON BROTHER, AM CHAIR! Well spoken!
Unread 06-30-2003, 12:28 AM   #89
Ranma Saotome
DeShawn Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally posted by AM Chair
This is an interesting thread. I have always hoped more sisters and brothers would get into cosplay, and I do see quite a few in my con travels. Down in Texas at A-kon and AnimeFEST, there's this wonderful girl I know who does a terriffic Anthy. Another gent I met in seattle got out the green face paint and antenna and whamo..Piccolo! He had the muscles for it....

And another cute winsom girl I met had the figure to do Nadia. Strange that no one has dug up Claudia from Macross. A pioneer in strong black anime characters if there ever where any. And there ARE a lot of them, you just have to look. And just because you are black it doesn't mean you can't do the other characters... I mean, A brother cosplaying as Kenshin would be wicked dope. And sisters doing Mai Shiranui or Kasumi...cold shower time! And some of the absolute totally kawaii children are of asian /pacific island and black heritage, and when they cosplay in their teens and twenties, look out.

The only thing keeping more of our ilk out of cosplay/anime is the current infatuation with gangsta rap and other influences. It makes it hard for some of the kids to deal with their peers when they "break faith" and do their own thing.

Revell
Preach on man... BTW, have you seen my Ranma?
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/anime-jam-session/id280235645
Anime Jam Session on the VOG Network, LIVE! Tuesdays @ 9:30PM EST: www.VOGNetwork.com!
2014 Convention Schedule: Magfest 8.5, AAC, DerpyCon

Unread 06-30-2003, 12:31 AM   #90
Romann
Fantastic Explosion

I did a Kasumi costume...sure it's a bit broke down and ghetto, but I still wuvs it *^___^*

Great way to put it, AM Chair! *throws candy*