Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Unread 01-23-2005, 04:54 PM   #1
Mupuppy
It's Mudpuppy! Curse you!

Exclamation Simple YYH/Inuyasha/Kenshin Costumes?

I'm Looking For Another Costume To Make But It has To Be Simple Any Suggestions??
The third one, ‘smite general evil’ was one he decided to interpret in his own fashion. Finding a nice, big book, he whacked himself over the head with it, shouting “bad demon!” to himself, before turning to read the next point on the list. The fourth involved a church and him stepping on said grounds. He crossed it off the list and frowned. He would have to have a long talk with the angel when he got back. --
Random "Good Omens" Fanfic
Mupuppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-23-2005, 05:20 PM   #2
Gallick
Medio-core

I suppose it really depends on what your definition of simple is. If you want something that isn't going to take a ton of time and effort and it's not too flashy or complicated, something like Kagome or Sango's yukata are good choices. I see you're already making Sango's battle outfit, so making her yukata would be awesome; you could cover all aspects of her character.

Alot of 'simple' costumes may look like they don't have much to them, but more often than not it's all in the details. For example, Inuyasha/Kikyo's outfits are fairly simple in design, but there are often little bits and peices missing or incorrect that can really cast a shadow on the entire outfit. I'd suggest that even if you're doing something 'simple' to put enough effort into it to make it great. And, of course, make sure you post lots of pictures no matter what! ^^
Gallick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2005, 05:51 PM   #3
topleka
The Tin Dog

Rurouni Kenshin costumes are fairly simple since they're mostly traditional outfits. However, they're expensive, and the detailing really will take awhile to do. Most of Yusuke's outfits are really simple. I mean, a t-shirt and jeans. Woo simple. Wait, are you a girl? Well...most of the female costume are fairly simple, albeit not that recognizable (i.e. Botan in civvies, Keiko, Shizuru, etc.). Being that Yu Yu Hakusho is the show with the most "modern" setting, it will be easier to make a costume from it. Inuyasha and Kenshin both require more tradition clothing, thus money and time.
Unread 01-23-2005, 05:57 PM   #4
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

From Kenshin...

Misao's outfit shouldn't be too bad, assuimg you're a girl or a guy willing to crossplay. The hardest part would be those wrist/forearm guard things, I think. She's probably got the easiest outfit in Kenshin.

As for easy guys from Kenshin, Sanosuke's probably the easiest that I can think of. You could buy a karate gi (although probably not 100% accurate, it could work) and add all the black yourself. Then bandages to wrap and a long red band for your head.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2005, 06:05 PM   #5
Mupuppy
It's Mudpuppy! Curse you!

Yeah Im A Girl
The third one, ‘smite general evil’ was one he decided to interpret in his own fashion. Finding a nice, big book, he whacked himself over the head with it, shouting “bad demon!” to himself, before turning to read the next point on the list. The fourth involved a church and him stepping on said grounds. He crossed it off the list and frowned. He would have to have a long talk with the angel when he got back. --
Random "Good Omens" Fanfic
Mupuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2005, 06:21 PM   #6
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

Kenshin is one of those costumes that looks easy but it's...really not. >> I should know, I've made several for different versions. My most recent one was fully lined and made to be very traditional, definately a strain from how I normally make them (unlined and not quite as detailed/traditional). Misao is a bit easier but I can't say a whole lot easier...

From Hakusho, Hiei is probably the easiest, I've crossplayed him before in his Dark Tournament outfit and it was mostly store bought.

I've cosplayed Sango as well, once again, can't say it was the easiest costume but what I did was make a haori, a skirt, and another green skirt for the apron. Pics of all these costumes are in my gallery.

*~Hime no Toki~*

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, Robotnik (genderbend) from Sonic, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
NiGHTmaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2005, 08:00 PM   #7
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Yeah, the girls of YYH in their street clothes are some of the easiest, since you'd just have to find something similar and then modify it if it has a design or picture on it (like Botan's sweatshirts). If you're into crossplay, Yusuke. White t-shirt and jeans. And no one will know who the hell you are. Hiei IS easy if you go for the sleeveless shirt-and-pants costume, but anything else (including the black tunic) takes knowledge of sewing and tailoring to get it to look right. I think there's also a few demons in the Dark Tournament who aren't too complicated - Rinku, definitely, maybe Zeru and a couple others.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote