Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 01-26-2005, 09:53 PM   #1
Fyremistress
Beautysmirror.com

Dawn look a like contest 2005

Im sure there are tons of repeat dawn contestants on here, but curious about first timers to the contest too. Each year Ive been in it the number grows and grows and grows! Its so much fun to get to be a goddess for a night and walk that fabulous catwalk with so many beautiful girls.

So whose all gonna be there?
Fyremistress is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2005, 11:05 PM   #2
reannaremick

I'm still not 100% sure though I'm definitely going to TRY my damnedest to be in the contest this year. I've always wanted to and never had time. So we shall see. I am planning on it this year though.
reannaremick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2005, 12:47 PM   #3
Dany
..mind if I swoop?

I've promised people for about five years that I would enter, and this will be the first time I actually make good on the promise.

Reminds me, I have to look at the contest process stuff so I'm not scrambling at the last stinky minute.

2013 Events:
Animation on Display, San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival, Fanime, Japan Expo USA

http://www.2dmanor.com
Dany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2005, 04:01 PM   #4
Fyremistress
Beautysmirror.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany
I've promised people for about five years that I would enter, and this will be the first time I actually make good on the promise.

Reminds me, I have to look at the contest process stuff so I'm not scrambling at the last stinky minute.
Heres a fantastic tips page from dementia

http://www.virtualdementia.com/dawn/tips.html

and the contest is usallly at 8 on saturday and we have to be there at 6:30 so we can do the pictures thing and all
Fyremistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2005, 05:41 PM   #5
Dany
..mind if I swoop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyremistress
Heres a fantastic tips page from dementia

http://www.virtualdementia.com/dawn/tips.html

and the contest is usallly at 8 on saturday and we have to be there at 6:30 so we can do the pictures thing and all
Mmm. Tips are good. And these were some nifty ones to boot. Timewise, it's reminenscent of Masquerade stuff...

...I REALLY have to think about the shoes (or lack thereof) I am going to be considering for my idea..

2013 Events:
Animation on Display, San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival, Fanime, Japan Expo USA

Unread 01-30-2005, 02:21 PM   #6
kitsunered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany
Mmm. Tips are good. And these were some nifty ones to boot. Timewise, it's reminenscent of Masquerade stuff...

...I REALLY have to think about the shoes (or lack thereof) I am going to be considering for my idea..
Oops! The link Demmie has on her tips page that's supposed to go to my page is for the old location. Here's the new one.

At any rate, we always welcome new blood to the contest. It's a lot of fun, which is why we do it year after year. Looking forward to seeing your interpretation of Dawn!

-K

Costumes for 2007: Ran (Texhnolyze), She-Ra (She-Ra: Princess of Power), Marie's Black Masquerade Gown (Sofia Coppola's Marie Antionette), EGA Plum Walking Suit (Original Design)

Cons for 2007: Katsucon (tentative), Animazement (tentative), MomoCon, Dragon*Con, Anime Weekend Atlanta
kitsunered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2005, 02:56 AM   #7
Dany
..mind if I swoop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunered
Oops! The link Demmie has on her tips page that's supposed to go to my page is for the old location. Here's the new one.

At any rate, we always welcome new blood to the contest. It's a lot of fun, which is why we do it year after year. Looking forward to seeing your interpretation of Dawn!

-K
Thank you dear *chuckle* I think of new blood and I think of when I was Dawned-up for the blood drive at SDCC. Hehe.

We'll see how it all goes. The idea is in my head now....next stop is the execution.

2013 Events:

Unread 02-07-2005, 09:19 PM   #8
AshleyV
KiraRhian Cosplay

This will be the first time I will enter the Dawn Contest. I have my outfit planned out, in fact I am making it for one of my projects in Advance clothing. I would love to meet everyone who will be in the contest.

Facebook / Tumblr / DevianArt
AshleyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2005, 10:41 PM   #9
eyedea803

Sooooooo yeah , where is this dawn look a like held???(what con?) because by the looks of it so far there will be alot of GREAT LOOKIN LADIES!!! there and ya know Id like to be there when it all goes down ..................does Dawn have a love slave???? I think I could whip up that costume hehehehehe j/k

Great costumes ladies keep up the good work
eyedea803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2005, 11:40 AM   #10
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Dragoncon is the only con (that I know of) that has the annual Dawn-contest, and I enjoyed it last year, since it was my first-time watching this kind of event at (my first) D-con. The costumes looked great, and there were a lot of original (and interesting) costumes, and I managed to get some pictures of the ladies onstage, and then most of them when they did the cat-walk posing in front of all these photographers afterwards, and then I got a few pictures of some after that outside the auditorium or upstairs in the hotel lobby.

That said, when I return to Dragoncon 2005, I probably won't WATCH the Dawn contest, but wait until it's over and then take pictures when they parade across the catwalk, and then try to get pictures afterwards. Reason being is that there are a lot of cosplayers who hang out in the lobby upstairs while the contest is going on, and I missed that. There are even DAWN cosplayers who couldn't/chose not to enter the contest who wear their costumes in the lobby, and I managed to get some of those while waiting for the results of the contest. So I'll probably be wandering in & out of the contest looking for cosplayers, but also try to get pics of the Dawn cosplayers.
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2005, 01:29 PM   #11
Dany
..mind if I swoop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King
So I'll probably be wandering in & out of the contest looking for cosplayers, but also try to get pics of the Dawn cosplayers.
Ever the photo master you are, EB...

We'll have to arrange a party for when you hit 100,000 posted images!

2013 Events:

Unread 02-08-2005, 11:13 PM   #12
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Dany: Awww.. thanks! But that might be within a couple of months, since I'm already at 70,000+ pictures and I've got a LOT of cons before D-con 2005 comes.. And you know I want to break my record of 5100 pictures from AX2004!

I can't wait to see all the Dawn cosplayers at D-con, and hopefully a lot of members here will be entering, and look for me before/afterwards so I may take your pictures!!
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2005, 01:52 AM   #13
Dany
..mind if I swoop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King
Dany: Awww.. thanks! But that might be within a couple of months, since I'm already at 70,000+ pictures and I've got a LOT of cons before D-con 2005 comes.. And you know I want to break my record of 5100 pictures from AX2004!
So it might be a bit delayed. But it's definitely a thought

Quote:
I can't wait to see all the Dawn cosplayers at D-con, and hopefully a lot of members here will be entering, and look for me before/afterwards so I may take your pictures!!
You know I usually stumble across you eventually. Without giving too much away on what I'm doing, I'll be pretty bright-colored, so I shouldn't be hard to miss

2013 Events:

Unread 02-27-2005, 10:12 PM   #14
tabbybunhead
Bad Kitty

I will be there in costume.it is still over 200 days away but I am as nervous as a long tell cat in a room fulla rocking chairs.

Hope to see some of ya'll.And any one doing dawn as the rave goddess,bless you.That is my favorite dawn.
tabbybunhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2005, 02:38 AM   #15
podo_saisana

2004 was my first year as a contestant, and it was a last min decision to enter since I hadn't finished the costume I had intended to enter. However this year (I hope) it should be finished in time to enter. Either way I'll be there one way or another, contestant or not, to appriciate my fellow goddesses, because as others have said here... it's nice to be a goddess for a day, very VERY nice. I'm definatly looking forward to it.
podo_saisana is offline   Reply With Quote