Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Ohayocon

Unread 12-31-2002, 12:30 PM   #1
Bonk
FOR OZ!

Question Who's planning to go to OhayoCon?

I am ^^. It's gonna be my first Con, and I can't wait. -Heh-. I plan to crossplay when I go, since ever other time I've ever dressed as an anime character it's been a crossplay(Okay, so only twice before, Ash Ketchum and Mokuba Kaiba, neh, pathetic costumes, I know). OhayoCon looks like it's gonna be awsome. I've told my friend who's a major Duo Maxwell fan(She has hair that's brown like Duo's, as long as Duo's, and like, exactly like Duo's, and she now wears her hair like that almost every day, 'cept once when she had her hair like Relena -Snorts- I laughed at her for the rest of the day, though she insisted her hair wasn't like Relena's), that I'd get Scott McNeil's autograph for her(and me), heh, and I hope I can. >> I doubt I'll be able to though -Sigh-. Oh, and anyone know what OhayoCon's like/been to it before? I'm curious, heh. Oh, by the way, if your going, who/what are you going as? I'm -planning- to go as Jounouchi Katsuya/Joey Wheeler (Battle City outfit) from Yu-Gi-Oh on one day, and Kouichi Kimura(Digimon Frontier) on the other. Heh. I'm gonna feel so pathetic, since I'm betting I'm gonna be the only Digimon or Yu-Gi-Oh cosplayer there. Oh well, only time will tell...And it's just a little less than two weeks till OhayoCon. Crud, I just reminded myself, man, I better start on my costumes XP.
Bonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-31-2002, 12:42 PM   #2
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Oh cool! You'll love cosplaying at a con! This is my 3rd one ^^ *huggles*I should see you up there then ^__^ I'm gonna be Shippo and Dark Schneider.
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2002, 01:57 PM   #3
Mizuho
Sara the Spider!

This is going to my first time at Ohaycon, too! I'm SO EXCITED!! ^o^
Mizuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2002, 02:16 PM   #4
Ginny
Bad Wolf
Special Agent

I'll be there. Last year was a crapfest. I'm hoping this year will be better ^__^
Unread 01-01-2003, 01:59 AM   #5
Ameria
Keeper of Spoilers

Re: Who's planning to go to OhayoCon?

Quote:
Originally posted by DMG
I'm gonna feel so pathetic, since I'm betting I'm gonna be the only Digimon or Yu-Gi-Oh cosplayer there.
Aw, I know how you feel. I was Ruki Makino/Rika Nonaka last year, the only Digimon Tamers cosplayer, and there were only 3 Digimon cosplayers total that I saw. This year I'm crossplaying too. ^_^ Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece and probably Wizard from Angelic Layer. I'll make sure to find ya and get pics! =D
  • River Song - Flesh and Stone (Doctor Who)
  • River Song - Day of the Moon/A Good Man Goes to War (Doctor Who)
  • Wash - "Serenity" (Firefly)
  • Post-Regen Twelfth Doctor (Doctor Who)
...I really need to finish some other in-progress characters. xD;
Ameria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2003, 03:22 AM   #6
Melchior

Ameria-chan, please stop me in the hall and say hi. I missed you last year and at Otakon. I'll be carrying around a giant bone-colored Tessaiga and dressed as Inuyasha!
Unread 01-01-2003, 04:10 AM   #7
Schu
Noisy Alien

I'll be there... yeah... cosplaying as either Hyatt or Excel or Youzen or Asuka. Whichever I get done better...
Unread 01-01-2003, 12:34 PM   #8
Bonk
FOR OZ!

Ameria-Chan, Monkey D. Luffy rocks! ^^. I love One Piece, such a cool manga. I didn't want to see the end of the first issue in English Shonen Jump, 'cause I wanted more of it, heh.

Oooh, and Melchior, Inuyasha rocks too ^^, but Shippo's better. XP. Heh, your gonna make a Tetsusaiga to go along with your costume too? That's gonna look awsome I bet...most pictures of Inuyasha cosplayer's that I've seen on the net don't make those t'go with their costumes.

Man, I can't wait 'till OhayoCon, only what, 11 days 'till it? Heh. I can't wait to see all the costumes either ^^. Oh, speaking of costumes, I'm running into problems with my Kouichi one xX. I can't believe how hard it is to find a light green button down t-shirt -Sigh- My dad got me one, but it's an olive green and not light green...I gave him a picture, before he got the shirt, of what Kouichi looks like, but he just threw it away Xx.
Unread 01-01-2003, 03:54 PM   #9
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

Quote:
Originally posted by G-chan
Last year was a crapfest. I'm hoping this year will be better ^__^
It better be good, driving across PA to get there =P

Ah well, if it sucks, I'll just have to make it good... somehow... erm... PARTY! WEE! ^^v
(sorry, been eating a bit too much pocky within the last 24 hours *_*)
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2003, 04:03 PM   #10
Ginny
Bad Wolf
Special Agent

Haha, we drove last time. I can't make long car trips anymore. After Nekocon this year, I've vowed to take a plane to anywhere farther than Katsu. I'll have Tactics costumes all weekend, and another costume, which is a secret because it is evil, but you should be able to recognize me. *laugh*
Unread 01-02-2003, 10:20 AM   #11
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

> Man, I can't wait 'till OhayoCon, only what, 11 days 'till it?

And someone has not started her insane vinyl-y Masquerade costume yet... *dies* I have something for Hall (not what I planned, though) and I work (which means I don't have time off during the day) which means... NO SLEEP!

X__X

But I am looking forward to it anyway. Even if it is shaping up to be a really stressful con.

[Edit: I forgot to mention costumes! Silly me!]

I'll be wearing a Suikoden costume for hall since I did not finish the Ozzie uniforms for Zechs and Noin.

As for the Masq, I'll quote G...

> which is a secret because it is evil, but you should be able to recognize me.

Except I am afraid no one will recognize me. O_O
It's rather obscure and I have never seen cosplay from that series.

Last edited by Rosiel : 01-02-2003 at 10:24 AM.
Rosiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2003, 12:32 PM   #12
Bonk
FOR OZ!

Ooh, you were gonna do Zechs and Noin's Oz uniforms? That woulda looked cool :P. I wanna cosplay someone from Gundam Wing bad Xx but I don't think I'd be able to. The clothes they wear either would take to much sewing(I totally can't sew Xx)/be to hard, or wouldn't be recognizable from real clothes if you didn't have their hairstyle/a wig of their hair. Oh well. I've begun working on my Kouichi outfit, but I still need that stupid t-shirt and blue hat, then I need the stupid T-Shirt and Duel Disk for my Jou costume..
Looks like I'm in for a lot of work...
Well, atleast I finished the sewing job required to turn the turtleneck for Kouichi's outfit into a normal long-sleeved shirt..though the sewing job I did this morning is crappy, and, may I add, didn't work to well...I sewed it to tight, so I broke most of the stitches trying the shirt on Xx. Note to self: Don't try sewing stretchy shirt's that stretch when you put them on, wait, don't try sewing at all xX'.

Well, I guess my idea for making/sewing a Seto Kaiba voodoo doll to go along with my outfit will work well. To bad...it'd really be fun to pull out that thing, which I'll stick pins in all over -Snickers-.

Oh well I'm to far into this to stop, but, if it fails, I guess I could go as myself.

By the way, what's Hall? Xx I know I sound stupid, but I keep seeing people talking about it and all....Man, it sucks to be new to the cosplaying world >>.
Unread 01-02-2003, 01:02 PM   #13
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

> Ooh, you were gonna do Zechs and Noin's Oz uniforms?

They are planned for Katsu now... so I get more time to make them... and well since it falls on Valentine's Day, wearing Zechs and Noin will be cute in a nauseating Hallmark kind of way... ^__^ maybe I'll bring Noin a rose.

> By the way, what's Hall? Xx

Hall Cosplay = walking around in costumes in the halls of the venue the convention is held at. In most cons it means it's not judged and you do it just for fun.

Masq = Masquerade, the "official" costume contest, on stage.
Unread 01-02-2003, 02:45 PM   #14
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

I must finish my costumes.. O__O; I stll need to make my tunic!
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2003, 03:37 PM   #15
Bonk
FOR OZ!

Heh, thanks for telling me what Masquerade and Hall are, now I won't feel -as much- stupid. ^^'.

By the way, y'know how you said no one'd likely recognize who your cosplaying, heh, I'm betting hardly anyone'll recognize who I'm cosplaying also Xx'. This is gonna be like it was at Halloween for me I bet...-Heh-...Unless a miracle occurs and KidsWB starts showing the episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh when they're in Battle City before OhayoCon...but I doubt even then anyone'd be able to recognize me...Jou doesn't start wearing the outfit I'm going as for a few more episodes. -Sigh- Maybe I'll get lucky and find people that know about Battle City...or even YGO for that matter -Heh- ^^'. Same with Digimon...no one'll know who Kouichi Kimura is unless they did some searching on who he was, since convienently they haven't shown the episodes of Digimon with him on it yet on UPN >> They stopped on the first episode that showed him, but Takuya didn't know who he was, so his name wasn't mentioned or anything, and UPN's doing re-runs of Frontier, so it'll be a while.

-Hopefully- Everyone'll know who I am at AnimeNorth. -Hopefully- Though. Gah, maybe by then I'll have my third costume made, and that costume'll be a well known character from a well known anime that I like probably...But, likely I won't now that I think about it...I've -never- gone as a character that is well known and widely cosplayed. Heh. I guess it's better that way, then no one'll be able to know if you made a slight mistake in your costume...or a major mistake. Neh. I'm gonna have to add accessories to Kouichi's costume so it doesn't look like normal clothes....I plan on getting his hat and adding the detail, then 'modifying' my Kouji D-Scanner to be black....Then again, this is just babble that you likely have no clue to what it is, so I'll just shut up ^^'.

Oh, and I might as well make this post worthwhile, sooooo, What part of OhayoCon are you looking forward to the most, other than cosplaying at it?

I'm looking forward to meeting other anime fans, and hopefully seeing Scott McNeil and hopefully getting his autograph. -Heh-.

Okay, me end this long pointless post now -Nodders then stops typing to run upstairs and attempt to find the super glue to fix her(storebought)plastic DBZ sword which she just broke by hitting it a bit to hard against the wall-.