Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Unread 01-01-2003, 04:58 PM   #1
Tenjou

Britney dance pad... can't find the DDR one..

While on my hunt for the DDR dance pad, I went to Target and I found one. I picked it up, and it said "Britney's Dance Beat" on it, but it looked the same as the DDR pads I've seen. I didn't want to buy it, because I wasn't sure if it was compatible with the DDR games, or if it was made especially for Britney's Dance Beat.

Does anyone know if it's compatible with the DDR games? Thanks. ^_^

Unread 01-01-2003, 08:09 PM   #2
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

It should be compatible with the DDR games - but ignore me since I'm not sure. There's no way you could get a pad from a nearby GameStop or from RedOctane.com?
Babbit_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2003, 09:15 PM   #3
twentystitches
Abusin' the MiracleGrow..

I've got one of those, came in a blue and plastic-ish thing? It works just fine. O.o; Though getting it out proved to be a challenge.
twentystitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2003, 08:26 AM   #4
Tenjou

Well, I did check gamestop and the only DDR pad they have (at least on the site it says) is about $140, and it comes with DDR Max. But I'm so poor right now! o_o;;;

FaithsDemon~ From what I can remember, the box was white and it said "compatible for Britney's Dance Beat" on the top, and it showed a picture of the pad I think. That's all I can remember though.

Thanks for the help! ^^
Unread 01-03-2003, 12:42 PM   #5
Coffin

you got the beat pad right? the "DDR" pad called: dance pad revolution, is the nearest you can get to the offical pad in stores... the other one sucks really, really bad.
Coffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2003, 01:27 PM   #6
Limeyaku
First-Mate

I think what you looked at maybe was the MadCatz dance beat pad?

That's the one I got for christmas and it has "Britneys dance beat" logo on the front. It's not anywhere on the mat, thank goodness. ehehaha.

It's a good size, and works great. ^____^ I got mine from EB: Electonics Boutique and they go for about $34 cdn.

It's got this wierd tissue-paperish stuff in it though. And they could've put some rubber things on the bottom, it slides around quite a bit. ^^;; And often bunches up if you dance intensely...er...try to, like me. ^^;;

Otherwise, it works great for a great price. go for it. ^_^

~Limeyaku
Limeyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2003, 02:09 PM   #7
Tenjou

Limeyaku~ Yeah, I think that's the exact one. Yay! ^____^ I couldn't find a price on it, but $34 is pretty reasonable. Thank you sooo much! -hughug-

YAY! Now I won't have to go spend $139! -dance- Let's see.... maybe $90! YES! ^^;
Unread 01-05-2003, 07:13 PM   #8
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

You can get good Naki brand pads for $25.
Babbit_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote