Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 02-08-2005, 09:32 AM   #1
FantasyNinja

lightening eyebrows without bleaching.

For my next cosplay i'm going to be wearing a blonde wig. I'm a brunette so I think the blonde wig might clash a bit with my dark eyebrows. >_< I was thinking of making them look lighter, but I don't want to bleach them. Any suggestions??
FantasyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-08-2005, 10:37 AM   #2
Chi_happy

I am having the same problem!! the best I can come up with is taking foundation and going over them and then using a light brown eye liner.........but i havent tried it so i dont know if it would work.
Chi_happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2005, 05:03 PM   #3
Chi_happy

i found this in another forum

"Karisu is SO not a blond, too. ^^ I have very dark hair, and black eyebrows. What I use:

For more "natural" colors (auburn, blond): "Cover Grey" sticks from my local drugstore - look like lipstick, meant to cover grey streaks in hair, come in 4 diff colors: black, dark brown, light brown (looks like auburn), blond.

For other colors: Ben Nye creams - I use white as a base and then grey over it for Dilandau (with sometimes a touch of purple eye pencil in there too. )

Blond "Cover Grey" gives my eyebrows a rather light brown impression, which works great with blond wigs. Remember that for an optimal look, eyebrows should be a bit darker than the hair, otherwise you look washed out. (And eyelashes should be same, or even darker - all the way to black. ) *happy she doesn't need mascara on black eyelashes ^^*"
Chi_happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2005, 06:27 PM   #4
FantasyNinja

Thanks for your help!!!!
FantasyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2005, 12:21 AM   #5
TRiPPY
Dreamer

eyebrows

I always find that painting on gold hair masacara works VERY well on my black eyebrows. Let it go hard then use a small brush to give the gold hairs a natural seperated look. Because the mascara is gold it looks more realistic and reflective than sticking matt colors on top of the hairs ^^

Good luck!
TRiPPY is offline   Reply With Quote