Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 02-11-2005, 11:02 AM   #1
Luckisagainstme

Gankutsuou

Hello, has anyone cosplayed as characters from Gankutsuou or intend to?

Thank you
Luckisagainstme is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-11-2005, 04:15 PM   #2
topleka
The Tin Dog

Well, a quick search around brought these up:
http://images.cosplay.com/searchgall...hen=&whenterm=
http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp...ries& x=0&y=0

I personally don't ever intend to. It would drive me absolutely batty attempting to find a pattern anywhere similar to that crazy unmoving craziness that they wear in that show.
Unread 02-12-2005, 01:04 PM   #3
Cyan Bloodbane
No Time for Heroes

I would love to cosplay as either the COunt, or as Morcef...but the costumes need some serious fiber-optics.

A friend of mine makes proffesional re-makes of costumes for both movies, and Anime. He made a COunt costume, complete with fiber-optics, however, it runs for about $8,000 *cries*
Cyan Bloodbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2005, 03:29 AM   #4
TheLoneWolf
The Beast From The East

I've cosplayed as the count. Check my gallery for pics.
TheLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2005, 05:19 AM   #5
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! >D

i would love to do a count cosplay or some of the characters but like what topleka said, it will drive me insane since im a crazy person that demands to make it look fiber optical-ish but i guess i will more likely settle with not using the optic illusions. though i would love to x_x

Chibi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2005, 12:48 PM   #6
ll blackat ll
PuNk RoCk OtAkU <3

^.^

I would love to cosplay Albert and/or Pepo <3
ll blackat ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2005, 03:45 PM   #7
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

I've done Gankutsuou cosplay! I cosplay as Beppo/Peppo currently (check my gallery), and next year I'm going to be making an opera version Haydée. I absolutely adore cosplaying from that series.

No lies here: Gankutsuou cosplay is frustrating as all hell. If you want accurate patterns, you either have to be beyond lucky finding fabric (I've once seen some upholstery fabric that was 99% identical to the lining on the Count's cloak), or you have to be good at fabric painting. (My Beppo costume was about 5 hours of sewing, but over 20 hours of painting!) And of course, unless you use crazy fiber-optics, the end result of all your work is that people can't tell how much work really went into it. Poor Astro and her pink Cavalcanti shirt...it looks really simple, but I helped her with the painting and hot damn did a lot of work go into that thing.

I've found some really really interesting effects can be obtained by using color-change mesh or organza layered over a solid color background fabric. I also had serious success with my Beppo boots and armwarmers by taking white PVC and then applying layers of blotchy paint in various metallic colors (pearlescent white mixed with varying amounts of silver and gold paint)...you can't see from the photos exactly, but the patterns on the boots really did appear to move when I wore the costume.

But still, I absolutely ADORE Gankutsuou cosplay. I love painting on fabric, I love sparkly stuff, and I love beautiful fashion designs. If that sounds like you, come and join the Gankutsuou dark side. Because if you think Amano cosplay is an excuse to break out the glitter...Gankutsuou is infinitely INFINITELY more glitter-tastic.
Unread 12-20-2005, 02:10 AM   #8
ArsenalFierce13
Resident Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyaanFaery
Because if you think Amano cosplay is an excuse to break out the glitter...Gankutsuou is infinitely INFINITELY more glitter-tastic.
I seriously think I need to check out this series....

Costumes, costumes, la la la! http://www.chicagocostume.com

Cosplay wish list: Faye Valentine masquerade gown (Cowboy Bebop), Lehas (Magna Carta), Gaara (Naruto), Yohko Mano (Devil Hunter Yohko),Setsuka (Soul Calibur III), Zhen Ji (Dynasty Warriors 5)
ArsenalFierce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2005, 02:25 AM   #9
Chibi-kun
spam and rice! &amp;amp;amp;gt;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyaanFaery
I've done Gankutsuou cosplay! I cosplay as Beppo/Peppo currently (check my gallery), and next year I'm going to be making an opera version Haydée. I absolutely adore cosplaying from that series.

No lies here: Gankutsuou cosplay is frustrating as all hell. If you want accurate patterns, you either have to be beyond lucky finding fabric (I've once seen some upholstery fabric that was 99% identical to the lining on the Count's cloak), or you have to be good at fabric painting. (My Beppo costume was about 5 hours of sewing, but over 20 hours of painting!) And of course, unless you use crazy fiber-optics, the end result of all your work is that people can't tell how much work really went into it. Poor Astro and her pink Cavalcanti shirt...it looks really simple, but I helped her with the painting and hot damn did a lot of work go into that thing.

I've found some really really interesting effects can be obtained by using color-change mesh or organza layered over a solid color background fabric. I also had serious success with my Beppo boots and armwarmers by taking white PVC and then applying layers of blotchy paint in various metallic colors (pearlescent white mixed with varying amounts of silver and gold paint)...you can't see from the photos exactly, but the patterns on the boots really did appear to move when I wore the costume.

But still, I absolutely ADORE Gankutsuou cosplay. I love painting on fabric, I love sparkly stuff, and I love beautiful fashion designs. If that sounds like you, come and join the Gankutsuou dark side. Because if you think Amano cosplay is an excuse to break out the glitter...Gankutsuou is infinitely INFINITELY more glitter-tastic.
you now have my unending praise

Chibi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote