Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-26-2006, 06:25 PM   #31
astillar
Cosplay Engineer

Heh heh. After seeing the season two premiere last night, I want to cosplay as King Gorilla. He was so damn hilarious. Oh, but any Venture Brothers cosplay would have to be a group thing to get any mileage out of it.

astillar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-26-2006, 07:27 PM   #32
fightstar
Kage-Kanbu Master Ninja

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by astillar
Heh heh. After seeing the season two premiere last night, I want to cosplay as King Gorilla. He was so damn hilarious. Oh, but any Venture Brothers cosplay would have to be a group thing to get any mileage out of it.

This is very true. That is why my friend is trying to get his stuff together for Dragon Con 2K6. I think the 'Action Man' helmet is going to be hard, but maybe you all can point me in the right direction to lend my friend a hand?
fightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2006, 07:42 PM   #33
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I don't care whether or not I have the body type, I'm so doing Molotov Cocktease. Eventually. Really. The costumes I've seen on here are great, but I'm desperate to see some in action. Apparently I'm not going to the right cons for this sort of thing. A Hank & Dean cosplay would be nice... especially the underdeveloped-clone versions...

Yesterday was my birthday, in addition to the Season 2 premiere, and I had been making a big fuss over it in the Myspace group (it was the gift I wanted most), and today I found a note from Doc Hammer in my mailbox saying they had intended it that way all along. HOW COOL IS THAT?!?

--Penny
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2006, 08:13 PM   #34
astillar
Cosplay Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful
a note from Doc Hammer in my mailbox saying they had intended it that way all along.
You are awesome. Heh heh heh. But yeah, Molotov is probably the female Venture Brother character most deserving of a cosplay. She's the only repeat female aside from Dr. Girlfriend. Plus she can hold he own against Brock, which makes her uber bad-ass. Really though, almost all of the characters are cos-worthy.

Unread 06-26-2006, 08:37 PM   #35
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by astillar
You are awesome. Heh heh heh. But yeah, Molotov is probably the female Venture Brother character most deserving of a cosplay. She's the only repeat female aside from Dr. Girlfriend. Plus she can hold he own against Brock, which makes her uber bad-ass. Really though, almost all of the characters are cos-worthy.
It's just 'cause I'm so darn loveable, I guess.

Molotov is the only repeat female aside from Dr. Girlfriend... if we have, in fact, verified that Dr. Girlfriend is indeed a girl. I really think nothing beat the bit in season 1 where she and Brock had that battle in the motel room. That, and the fact that she was working to recover David Bowie's companda. Oh, and she's got a chastity belt. Any character who wears a chastity belt is worth doing.

--Penny
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2006, 10:01 PM   #36
fightstar
Kage-Kanbu Master Ninja

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful
I don't care whether or not I have the body type, I'm so doing Molotov Cocktease. Eventually. Really. The costumes I've seen on here are great, but I'm desperate to see some in action. Apparently I'm not going to the right cons for this sort of thing. A Hank & Dean cosplay would be nice... especially the underdeveloped-clone versions...

Yesterday was my birthday, in addition to the Season 2 premiere, and I had been making a big fuss over it in the Myspace group (it was the gift I wanted most), and today I found a note from Doc Hammer in my mailbox saying they had intended it that way all along. HOW COOL IS THAT?!?

--Penny
Happy LATE B-day and Whoa that's cool! Check the wiki on this guy. He also has 2 black belts. Dude, total Ninja LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Hammer
fightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2006, 10:13 PM   #37
astillar
Cosplay Engineer

Have you seen the psuedo-previews for this season? There's more Cocktease in store!

Unread 06-26-2006, 10:15 PM   #38
SaccharineDream
HEAVY MACHINE GUN

Wow this is awesome! My sis and I are going to D*C and AWA as a couple of the Monarch's henchmen. I hope the Monarch will be there ^^ I didn't know so many other people wanted to cosplay the series too, I thought we were the only ones! Hey, Molotov Cocktease would be great to do! Good luck with keeping the bodysuit properly positioned, lol

~edit~ I almost got the Season 1 DVD today! I had it in my hands, then decided to be all cheap and not get it. I don't know what I was thinking, but I guess its because I haven't had spending money for a few months...

Sniper Wolf - Metal Gear Solid
Inspector Carmelita Fox - Sly Cooper 50%
always willing to battle pokemon with others!
Rabi~en~Rose - needs updating

Last edited by SaccharineDream : 06-26-2006 at 10:18 PM.
SaccharineDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2006, 12:21 AM   #39
Saxinthehall
Insanity of a manatee

I think I'm going to have to do Henchman #24 sometime next year. Perhaps both in costume and when you see him at the support group for henchmen.
Saxinthehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 01:05 PM   #40
blueboy

I think I am going to do the monark(sp) because i am working on another costume that has a black body suit and it wouldnt be that hard to mod it. But idk how con friendly his wings would be.
blueboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 03:35 PM   #41
SaccharineDream
HEAVY MACHINE GUN

Yeah I know, the Henchmen's wings will be a pain also, and they don't even have a design on them. I saw a video interview of a henchman cosplayer, and he used black elastic to keep them on, so the straps blended in with the outfit and you couldn't see them. I definately will do that. Oh, and i found some black fabric the other day which will be perfect ^^

Sniper Wolf - Metal Gear Solid
Inspector Carmelita Fox - Sly Cooper 50%
always willing to battle pokemon with others!
Rabi~en~Rose - needs updating

Last edited by SaccharineDream : 07-05-2006 at 08:19 PM.
SaccharineDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #42
Trumby
Greed-o

I'm probably going to have to plan a Dr. Orpheus cosplay here sometime soon..I love that guy.
Trumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2006, 10:40 PM   #43
astillar
Cosplay Engineer

Ha ha ha ha! Cosplay on Venture Brothers! "I just thought you were into cosplay." Ha ha ha. Oh boy.

Seriously though, I think that's the first time I've heard cosplay mentioned outside of a con or occassional newspaper article.

Last edited by astillar : 08-13-2006 at 10:43 PM.
Unread 08-13-2006, 10:49 PM   #44
unagi
My halo is bent.

[quote=astillar]Ha ha ha ha! Cosplay on Venture Brothers! "I just thought you were into cosplay." Ha ha ha. Oh boy.

Seriously though, I think that's the first time I've heard cosplay

Hahaha, yeah I just saw that too. I laughed.
unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2006, 11:46 PM   #45
AZNPRDE420666
hill billy delight

Just bought the fabric for my long awaited Dr. Girlfriend cosplay!

I'm just having trouble finding the pattern for her dress.