Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 01-03-2003, 03:30 PM   #1
SethPharos
BWEEEEEEEEEEEE!! XD!!

Anybody here going to Otafest this year?

Well.. Just wanted to know if anybody here lives in the umm Alberta area and is going to see the Otafesty! DOA is putting in a cosplaying contest this year O.o' some of my friends (and me) wanted to cosplay for the whole two day duration of the con. Just wondering if anybody else from here will be there, being the semi-far/isolated kinda place Calgary is... ^^;
SethPharos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2004, 09:08 PM   #2
mukino_kuneka

Isolated? CALGARY?? *laughs*

Anyways, I hope to go to Otafest, but my mom might not let me. If I did go, I might only be going for a day.

I'd be going as Sesshoumaru-sama, and you'd be able to tell me apart because I'm embroidering my name and Canada's flag on my sleeve, or maybe at the front of my left shoulder.
mukino_kuneka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2004, 01:20 PM   #3
sarah_monkey
nyu nyu

Talking

hopefully I'll be going, but I don't know who as yet. I've never been to it before!! Do alot of people go??
sarah_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2004, 11:51 PM   #4
SethPharos
BWEEEEEEEEEEEE!! XD!!

Hmm 500ish people.. for 2003... which was when I posted this thread LOL! However, most of those came on Saturday, the hallway was like FILLED with people O_O!!
but I was only able to go on Sunday and it was pretty cool, cuz you actually got to talk to people alot more XD!! Except it got boring and I played DDR till I got sick.

But for 2004 ^_^! I'll be there for both days, no cosplaying plans yet for this year though.. I except the number of people attending to get higher, cya guys there ^_~'
Unread 02-16-2004, 11:52 AM   #5
_silver_dragon_
Gackts Stalker Lady

I wish I could go to Otafest, I was planning on going last year but I couldn't get anyone to drive me T_T None of my relatives wanted to make the three hour drive from Edmonton to Calgary....
Unread 02-19-2004, 01:51 AM   #6
Silf
Registered Lurker

Same, I'd like to go as well, always went to Animethon in Edmonton but I don't think many people in Edmonton here drive down to Calgary just for Otafest, gotta convince parents to go to Calgary for something else too or something...
Silf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2004, 09:42 AM   #7
_silver_dragon_
Gackts Stalker Lady

My parents don't want to drive me down to Calgary just so I can cosplay... But I suppose there are a bunch of different ways we could bribe them >_>.... Wheee, so you went to Animethon too? Did you go last year?
Unread 02-19-2004, 01:22 PM   #8
Silf
Registered Lurker

Heh, yeah, same with my parents, "could u drive 3 hours down to Calgary so I can go cosplay and u guys can just wander around the city for the rest of the day?" Don't think that'd work that well ^_^

yep, Animethon! Went again last year, I don't go to many cons, considering we aren't exactly blessed with that many to begin with...
Unread 02-20-2004, 10:59 PM   #9
sarah_monkey
nyu nyu

mew

Isn't Animethon cancelled this year? I checked the website and that's what is said maybe I was mistaken....cuz I'd love to go to that!!!!! I'd drive up there for that for SURE!!
sarah_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2004, 09:56 AM   #10
_silver_dragon_
Gackts Stalker Lady

They said that they werent sure if they were going to be able to have it this year but there is still a possibilty
Unread 02-21-2004, 02:04 PM   #11
Silf
Registered Lurker

yeah, there's still a chance that it won't happen, mostly because they're having some organizational issues such as the whole society got dissolved and they're not gonna revive it so they're gonna just make a whole new one so if they get their act together there's still gonna be one though XD

don't scare me like that!
Unread 02-22-2004, 10:54 AM   #12
_silver_dragon_
Gackts Stalker Lady

X3 There will be a large number of angry people if they don't manage to form a new thing in time for Animethon >_< But they are usually pretty good with organizing things so I'm not too worried
Unread 02-23-2004, 01:34 AM   #13
SethPharos
BWEEEEEEEEEEEE!! XD!!

Ooooooooh :O just.. everybody come to Calgary for Otafest!!! Forget about Animethon! :P!!

lol jkjk.. well I expect that more people will show up for Otafest since Animethon is on an indefinitely bye bye status..

Plus Otafest is more fun!! Cuz the arcade is on campus also! So people (like me) can play DDR till they get sick ^O^!!!!!
Unread 03-18-2004, 12:56 AM   #14
the_tennyo

I see this topic, I POST! im going, and to Animethon 11. because THERE WILL BE ONE MUAHAHAHHAA yay.
the_tennyo is offline   Reply With Quote