Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-03-2003, 09:59 PM   #1
ChelseyBelsey

Shamanic Princess-Tiara

http://www.geocities.com/guardian_world_tiara/77.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/guardian_world_tiara/1.jpg
^--copy and paste--^

I would really know how to setup this kind of costume. I live in southern cali and I'm going to try and make it to AnimeExpo 2003. I've been thinking about this costume and not really sure about how I can make the head wings. I think you'd make the body out of a leotard or something similiar... or am I totally wrong? Lol. Help! ^^;;;

Last edited by ChelseyBelsey : 01-03-2003 at 10:10 PM.
ChelseyBelsey is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-04-2003, 12:59 PM   #2
Space Invader
Sparkle Butt

Yay! Another Shamanic Princess person!

Your links don't work (I thin it's because geocities doesn't allow direct linking), but I know what costume you're talking about- her summon outfit.

Personally, for the head wings, I would get a long red wig off Amphigory.com (It's called the enchantment - get it in their bright red color). Get lots of glue, but make sure it doens't turn the wig dark in the places you put it. I've heard Elmer's gel glue works well. Anyways, part the wig down the middle, leaving pieces hanging down in the front for the "ear locks". Oh yes, and make sure to cut your bangs in first. It wouldn't be cool if you got you wig all styled then remembered you forgot the bangs ^^;;. Anways, pull the two halves of the wig into a pair of high pigtails. Lay them out flat in the general shape of the wings (i.e. lay the wig on something like you garage floor, with newsprint (not newspaper!) underneath to ge thte excess glue) and spread the glue on them. Let dry.

Ok, when it's dry, the wig should kinda hold a shape, but it might fall. So, get some coathanger wire. The THICK stuff. Shape it into a wing form shape (like the bones on a wing - this will go on top). Pull each pigtail in half horizontally so you can put the wire inside. Insert wire, then coat with glue again. Let dry.

It should be pretty stiff by now - you may have to add some support where the wing attaches to the head, 'cause it might try to flop over. Wherever there's any structural weakness (floppineess), put in more coathanger wire. This SHOULD work. I've never tried it myself. One final suggestion - if the wing isn't keeping it's shape at ALL, get some thick corrugated cardboard, cut it to the shape of the wing, and put it inside.

As for the rest of the costume, I would say buy a dark green dance leotard (high neck, long sleeve) and cut it up. Get some dark green spandex or something to make the garters and bootcovers out of (you may have to dye some to get it the exact same color as the leotard). Use either puffballs or some styrofoam balls (smooth styrofoam, not the floral or craft kind) for the balls on the ends of the sleeves.

*whew* My input for now.

{ I N L U M I N O }
Space Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2003, 01:20 PM   #3
ChelseyBelsey

weeee, so much work but it sounds like fun ^_^ Major thanks for replyin and giving me so many tips ^^. Now all I need... is a steady flow of cash ^_^
Unread 01-04-2003, 01:37 PM   #4
katchoo
Gaming Angel

I can't wait to see this. Her outfit is very interesting! hehe Good Luck!
katchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2003, 07:04 PM   #5
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

I swear I've seen this costume done before by someone on cosplay.com. . .I just can't remember who. It was wonderful, though. Yay for Shamanic Princess cosplay!

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2003, 05:39 PM   #6
Space Invader
Sparkle Butt

>I swear I've seen this costume done before by someone on cosplay.com.

I believe it was Kitty.

Anywho, yes, Shamanic Princess rocks my socks. I plan on (eventually) making her red leather outfit (yay for vinyl!), and the summon version of Lena. Hm, I would need a flesh-colored bodysuit - I won't be showing that much skin, ever.

{ I N L U M I N O }
Space Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2003, 06:20 PM   #7
ChelseyBelsey

I was thinking of doing a summoned tiara form AND lena's outfit that she wears when she's out at night. That would be fun I think. To bad... I need to find a Kagetsu ^^ *drools*
Unread 12-13-2003, 11:47 AM   #8
Kairi G
*shiny*

does anyone know where to get red vinyl for Tiara's costume, preferably something stretchy. ive checked at the fabric stores around me and cant find it anywhere.
Kairi G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2003, 12:46 AM   #9
Ashiri-chan
*Let's hit the PAR-TAY!*

I want to do Tiara's normal outfit sometime too, so I already found a website that sells stretch vinyl in tons of colors. Here's a link. Hope it helps!

http://www.dollarfabric.com/Merchant...gory_Code=3552
Ashiri-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2003, 08:34 AM   #10
grandis
Buried Alive in Gold Trim

Tiara

Hi! I've done both normal and transformed Tiara, and I'd be happy to help with how tos if you're interested. If you look at ACP under Grandis, you can see portfolios of both outfits. You can also see the Lina I made. I love Shamanic Princess.

You asked about transformed Tiara's hair. I bought a red mermaid wig, trimmed the back so it was short, left the locks long in the front, and used a wire frame and feather boas for the hair. It worked pretty well. I've also seen it done with feathers and lights at Comic Con International to good effect.

Normal Tiara's dress has been made out of both vinyl and pleather. I used velour, with a wire support to keep the heart and the waist crisp. I also made her clothes in a wine color. It really is supposed to be red, but since so much of the cartoon happens at night, I found I preferred her night colors.

Again, please let me know if I can help. PM or email me. Good luck!

Grandis
grandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2003, 03:17 PM   #11
Kairi G
*shiny*

wheeeeee dollarfabric.com is wonderful! im so excited thanx for that link!!!
Kairi G is offline   Reply With Quote