Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Animation On Display (AOD)

Unread 03-01-2005, 12:32 PM   #1
Shibura Tsubasa
For you...

AOD Anticipation

So... Maybe Im just crazy, but who is excited for AOD? ^_^;;

Four days you guys! I can...count that one one hand!(Good job , go me-_-;; )

Im so excited, I havent been to a con since Ani-Magic, so this is the kickoff for my list of cons this year! Im stocking up on glowsticks, I keep gawking at my costumes, Im listenning to more anime music than ever, and dreaming about skits @_@;; Oh man I think I have it bad... Im excited though!! =]

Anyone have the butterflies/excited as hell that AOD is this Friday?

*chu*

Unread 03-01-2005, 03:19 PM   #2
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I'm not anymore. ._.;;; I was all excited, but then I learned that since I planned to go so soon before the event I don't have anything to wear. I also don't really have that much money, so I think I can only afford a day. Oh well. I'll still be happy to see people I guess. ^_^;

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2005, 04:56 PM   #3
Dany
..mind if I swoop?

I'll be there Saturday for sure, Sunday is...eh, mebbee. We shall see.

I'd LIKE to be there Sunday, but cash is a bit stingy at the moment.

2013 Events:
Animation on Display, San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival, Fanime, Japan Expo USA

http://www.2dmanor.com
Dany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2005, 05:21 PM   #4
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

I'm excited, yes, but my loli needs lots of work still, not to mention the vast amounts of cookies I'm making. (Look for me on Friday, I'll be handing out cookies to cosplayers! ^_^)
Unread 03-01-2005, 06:19 PM   #5
KittyCatChi
Darkness like Light

I'm really excited because this is my 3rd con. and the second one i've been to besides Fanime ^_^ i can only attend for a day but i'm going to have a blast XD just hope i don't get glomped to death before the day is done o.o
~Amethyst Ashe-League of Legends
~Clea Strange -Defenders/Dr. Strange
~???
KittyCatChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2005, 09:14 PM   #6
Ayumi

(Its Shibura Tsubasa.... account failure, had to make new account)

Im glad to hear people are excited like me ^_^ hehe Michi no worries Im sure something uber awesome will turn up that will make you smile from ear to ear and make you go "wheeee how cool" ^^

Kitty: Cool stuff. Im pretty new at cons/cosplay but since Anime Overdose is offically my one year anni for convention~ing, Im very excited. I may have spent a bit too much money on this one, but it will make up for it when Fanime rolls around, I can basically walk there :3

Faery:: I....luff.....cookies..... ::twitch:: If I see you, Ill bring a special Portuguese cookie for you. They are so yummy ;_; Friday huh? ^_^ Look for a blue ninja (Kasumi)

Cookies own me.
Ayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2005, 10:16 PM   #7
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Ayumi: What happened to your ShiburaT account? Does it still work? Anyway, I can't wait to see you on Friday so we can cosplay DOA together! My Jann Lee is 100% done and I'm just nervous about spiking my hair for him (and Inui) on both days..

I look forward to Thursday evening to check out the place and see whoever shows up.. See you in 2 or 3 days!!
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2005, 11:33 PM   #8
RyuHayabusaDOA2
Dark Lord Of The Sith

Ayumi: You going to cosplay Ayane? Kickass! I hope to see you at the con hehehe

Photograpy Page:AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC
RyuHayabusaDOA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2005, 11:51 PM   #9
OniCourseMusha
Brain Age Guy

Does my random samurai outfit count?

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo ready to go!
Fanime E-gaming Staff
Fanime B&W Ball Dance Assistance and Staff 2008-2011
SakuraCon Masquerade Ball's dance host
Facebook
Deviantart ACE Cosplayer

Last edited by OniCourseMusha : 03-01-2005 at 11:52 PM. Reason: too short
OniCourseMusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2005, 12:55 AM   #10
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi
(Its Shibura Tsubasa.... account failure, had to make new account)

Im glad to hear people are excited like me ^_^ hehe Michi no worries Im sure something uber awesome will turn up that will make you smile from ear to ear and make you go "wheeee how cool" ^^

Kitty: Cool stuff. Im pretty new at cons/cosplay but since Anime Overdose is offically my one year anni for convention~ing, Im very excited. I may have spent a bit too much money on this one, but it will make up for it when Fanime rolls around, I can basically walk there :3

Faery:: I....luff.....cookies..... ::twitch:: If I see you, Ill bring a special Portuguese cookie for you. They are so yummy ;_; Friday huh? ^_^ Look for a blue ninja (Kasumi)

Cookies own me.
Yep, cookies!. Friday, starting around 4:30, look for the Dub Sanji. You'll be able to tell me apart from any actual Sanji cosplayers because a) my costume sucks-on-purpose (it has sharpied-on pinstripes, yey!), b) I'll be constantly eating a Blow Pop lollipop, and c) I'll have mass amounts of snickerdoodles.

SPECIAL COOKIES MADE WITH LOTS OF LOOOOOOOOVE~! <3
Unread 03-02-2005, 01:49 AM   #11
OniCourseMusha
Brain Age Guy

U can find me lying around at the table wit my laptop. If u find me and hangout, let's make the convention more fun!
Fanime E-gaming Staff
Fanime B&W Ball Dance Assistance and Staff 2008-2011
SakuraCon Masquerade Ball's dance host
Facebook
Deviantart ACE Cosplayer
OniCourseMusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2005, 02:08 AM   #12
Shinsengumi
For Truth and Honor

Well I'm set and ready to go, over there I'll just be wondering around with my Shinsengumi costume a long with my friend OniCourseMusha.
Unread 03-02-2005, 02:24 AM   #13
Astro
ウリイ-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibura Tsubasa
Anyone have the butterflies/excited as hell that AOD is this Friday?
I am!
I'm sooo~ Excited but wow! I really don't know if I have time to finish my AYA costume!
Astro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2005, 03:33 AM   #14
Raider3
That Black Jack Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyaanFaery
I'm excited, yes, but my loli needs lots of work still, not to mention the vast amounts of cookies I'm making. (Look for me on Friday, I'll be handing out cookies to cosplayers! ^_^)
Oooh, cookies... I'd do cheesecake for friends, but there's no time, since I'm locked into final preparations for costume fixing up, packing, and updating my shopping list, plus sleep. (I have a feeling I won't be getting too much over the weekend.) I'll be loaded up enough without having to worry about transporting an ice chest with me.

Don't work too hard with the cookie baking, and see you on Friday!
Raider3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2005, 03:40 AM   #15
Astro
ウリイ-

Cookies! I wanted to make snake cookies as prizes for guessing my costume, but I had to go with little plastic snakes, as there's no time! (Plus I'd end up eating all my cookies because no one other than friends know who I am. XD)

Your Loli looks awesome so far, Diana! Can't wait to see it! (and damn, I wish I was your size. I'd so steal it for a day if you'd let me!)

I really need to start packing. I got smart enough to recharge the camera batteries TODAY, and this time I'm bringing atleast one charger with me to the con. Might bring my laptop, too, but i'm kind of paranoid about it... Plus having to transport it AND dollfies... My three boys and I volunteered to babysit for a friend. Ack. I'm so screwed. XD
Astro is offline   Reply With Quote