Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 01-04-2003, 07:38 PM   #1
Leon
The Envy + Rage of Youmac

Lightbulb FF7 Cosplay Possibility

First off, I'm Leon. I'm new here, so hello, folks. Some o fyou may know me from FLAVA and Silent Dreams (Whassup, Troppy!!) Okay, on to business...

I plan on attending ACen 2003, and I wanted to cosplay each day I'm there. I've been trying to go, and each year I've tried, I've come up with ideas for cosplay. One of them is to go as Barret from FF7. I've picked him for several reasons:

1. BARRET ROCKS! I mean, he's a tough, no-holds-barred bad-assed Soul Man with a shadowy past and a soft spot for his daughter!

2. Though he is from F7, he's probably one of the least-done characters, so I'd be one of the few, the proud, the mighty!!

3. The costume could be put together with very little sewing. Since my sewing skills are non-existant, his costume would be pretty easy for me to make. For me, it'd be about pulling off the fake tattoos, hi-top fade (Haven't worn one of these since the early 90's), and the goatee....

4. I think that I could pull the look off just right! I'd need to slim down a bit, but I'm no slouch, either...
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-04-2003, 08:01 PM   #2
Troppy
That was... objectionable

*gasps in shock* lol, oh my gosh! I was randomly browsing and...here's a topic with my name in it! Whassup, baby? ^_^

Ah, Barret...he's far too cool for words. If you cosplay him, you DEFINITELY need to find me. I want pics with you. XDDD I was actually going to do some FFVII cosplay myself, but I think my card is full... at Anime Reactor though (October, Also in Chi-town,) I'm trying to get a group of Turks together... you could be one if you'd like, hehehe...

Oh Barret, you're so cool...
Troppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2003, 11:13 PM   #3
Mizuho
Sara the Spider!

Oooooo, I need to get a picture with Barret too, at Acen03! I'll be there in my Aeris costume!
Mizuho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2003, 03:06 AM   #4
dmdflarekojima
It's true, I am that good

Barret truely is under-cosplayed. He is such an intricate character, probably one of the most under-appreciated characters from the whole final fantasy series. Now since I'm cosplaying Cid, we need to find people to cosplay the little big people from the FF series... Biggs and Wedge. If someone would cosplay that and I were to see them before me, I would pay them.
dmdflarekojima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2003, 01:34 PM   #5
Leon
The Envy + Rage of Youmac

Wow!

Well, I'll keep you all posted on the developments! And, yes, I must take pics with you guys, especially fellow FF7 cosplayers! Don't worry, I probably won't be too hard to spot!
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2003, 01:11 AM   #6
Adella
MalonxLink 4 EVAR11

I actually wanted to make a Jessie costume at one point.. that kind of fell through though with all the other costumes I'm doing ^_^;;;
Unread 01-06-2003, 02:04 PM   #7
darko

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeris
I actually wanted to make a Jessie costume at one point.. that kind of fell through though with all the other costumes I'm doing ^_^;;;
Y'know, you could probably cosplay Ifalna without any trouble. Just a suggestion.

Sorry, Leon, this is supposed to be your topic. Heh. Cosplaying Barret is definately superfly. I think I've only ever seen one. Power to FF7 cosplay!
Unread 01-06-2003, 05:51 PM   #8
Adella
MalonxLink 4 EVAR11

I actually think that's a rather cute idea. I could cosplay my mommy ^_^; lol. Barrett is Seksi *_* I <3 Barrett. I've nabbed Studmaster to make a Barrett Costume ^_^
Unread 01-06-2003, 08:13 PM   #9
Troppy
That was... objectionable

Lol, I could always be...

MARLENE!!!

but I'd be a rather...er..."developed" looking Marlene... o_0
Troppy is offline   Reply With Quote