Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 07-11-2002, 05:25 PM   #1
Legato/Machan
Errare humanum est

The most difficult acessory you have ever done.

Hi people!
Tell me: What was the most difficult acessory you have ever made?
Well, I've never cosplayed but I make some acessories from some characters and I keep it to myself.
For me the most difficult (and the most expensive) was the Vash and Knives' guns. Cause I wanted to make it perfectly. You know when Vash use that angel weapon? I was about to finish that "power generator" inside of the gun when my bro broke the gun.
The gun cost me about 60 dollars and now it's all ruined!!!
Unless I still have the Vash's sunglasses. It was very cheap! Something about 9 to 10 bucks.
Legato/Machan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-11-2002, 07:11 PM   #2
Scoti
Lv. 99

The most difficult accessory I've ever done is the one I'm going to make for CN anime expo this year. We're doing a Slayers group so I want to make a accurate Valgarv costume complete with his Ravdomezehis weapon. Since the two end blades are "light beams" I'm trying to figure out how to light up the ends using a battery of somekind......
Unread 07-11-2002, 07:14 PM   #3
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

probably the adoreable Carro plushies that i made about 8 of...I made their tails light up by placing a small torch in the tail before sealing it in...unfortunately the bulbs seem to be shortlived since all the torches seem to have stopped working for some reason or another....
That's about it...the Granasabre and my Suboshi Ryuseisyu are the only other accesory i have ever had to make...oh yeah...that WildArms 3 gun too..but that was far easier!

Some small info on pandas- Eats, shoots and leaves!
(this is an excellent book btw)
The difference a little punctuation makes!
Nietsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2002, 07:22 PM   #4
kelldar
kelldar the barbarian

my utena shoulder thingies... they never did turn out the way I wanted them, and I redid them like, four times ><;
I reckon my lina armour will probably be as frustrating... ><; must... get... that... done... before otakon...!
Unread 07-11-2002, 09:52 PM   #5
Yggdrasil Pie
WRYYYYYYY

Well...I only cosplayed once, but Umi's armor was heck to make!!!! I couldn't find a way to make the jewels to stick to the fabric so I used super glue, ^^;;;;
It kept on falling off...and the boots...ahh....same problem.
Unread 07-11-2002, 09:54 PM   #6
Adella
MalonxLink 4 EVAR11

Malon's bowser pin! I can't make bowser's face out of model magic to save my life! :O
Unread 07-11-2002, 10:53 PM   #7
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

Hmm... my three wings? LOL Those are a constant pain in the neck and I have to repair them after every con. I don't even want to think about how many turkeys died for the honour of being on my back!

^_______^
Unread 07-11-2002, 10:53 PM   #8
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

Actually... now that I think about it... Seed's leg armor drove me insane too...
Unread 07-11-2002, 11:15 PM   #9
Kuja
Evil and Kawaii

Hmmm I think sewing my wings for Morrgion. Those were a big pain in the butt.
http://thedesertpalace.tenkoku.com/DPCosplayBanner.JPG The Desert Palace "It's so rude for guest to come at this hour. However it's a good thing to want to feed but Katan don't you think it's a little messy to eat like that." Rosiel
Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2002, 11:56 PM   #10
Tenshi
Needs more sparkles

I have a bit of a tie. The headband on my Pretear costume was a pain -- I ended up doing a simplified version of it, because I'm not that talented with Model Magic ^^;;. Second, my floating arm-band for Aeka was difficult. If I used a sturdy wire, it would show, but if I used a less visible one, it would flop around ^^;;. So I had to play around for a quite a while before I got it ok, and it still flops around a bit >.<.

Next Up:Mad Hatter Tamaki (Ouran Host Club), Tuxedo Mask (Sera Myu) and Kaitou Sinbad (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne)
I declare this The Year of Making Epic Jackets
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2002, 12:24 AM   #11
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

> Those were a big pain in the butt.

LMAO

This is really random but I love how you call your Morrigan wings (attacked to you waist) a "pain in the butt" and I call my Rosiel wings (attached to my shoulders) a "pain in the neck".
Unread 07-12-2002, 12:26 AM   #12
Jibrille
Pirate for Life

hmmm... evil....
a tie...

Jibrilles neck thing!! the thing that ties and has the lace trim.. that was PURE evil... getting those little metal rings in for the tie ribbon to go through... such a headache. those things dont agree with the semi-transparent fabrics...

and the hilt of beatrix's sword. i made it with model magic... it cracked a lot so i ended up going back with some watered down model magic (makes a great puddy) to fill in the cracks... insanity O.o

i've learned too much about model magic..... -.-;
Jibrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2002, 02:35 AM   #13
Celine
Remember me?

Quote:
Originally posted by Nietsche
probably the adoreable Carro plushies that i made about 8 of...I made their tails light up by placing a small torch in the tail before sealing it in...
GIVE!!!! CARRO!!!! AAAAH! They are SO cute!!!! ^_^

Er, anyway, I'm not cool enough to have made any interesting accessories. The niftiest was probably Sabrina's doll. It had glowing red eyes! yeah!!!
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2002, 09:12 AM   #14
Melchior

Inuyasha's sword, Tetsuaiga. I made it out of foam core and bondo-glass (it has fiberglass in it for strength). It took me about 30 hours, and it is still not perfect. It's the first time I've ever attempted anything artistic like that - but I think I did a pretty good job because it came out great! But all that sanding - there was fiberglass dust everywhere =P
Unread 07-12-2002, 09:45 PM   #15
Jinx
Making a Comeback?

My only difficult costume was my Honey costume, and she had all these weird pieces to make. The most difficult were these leg pieces with metal rings on the outside and inside of each leg and was attached with some sort of garter belt. I made a pattern but had to keep adjusting it so it wouldn't look baggy, but it was too hard and take too long to hem, so the edges are a little frayed... the metal rings were also heavy so it had to be as tight as possible, and they would be secured on with velcro. The first leg piece was such a mess. Then making the garter belt was interesting.. it certainly was waaaayy more complicated than any other garter belt. o.o;;; Very discouraging.