Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Unread 01-05-2003, 01:56 AM   #1
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

So close.. ^_^

I was just looking at a map ( we took a short road trip) and Long Beach is several cities away, but Anaheim borders my city... Yay!

I'll rent out my couch for $500.. ^_^

(( By the way, that was just a joke... my mom would kill me is some stranger dressed as an anime character slept on our couch... lol))

I think I'm warming up to the idea of it changing locations. Perhaps, just perhaps it won't be so bad. I'm afraid of change..

Unread 01-07-2003, 07:02 PM   #2
Mink
Fishies!

Good for you....stinks for us....
Unread 01-07-2003, 08:08 PM   #3
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

I've upped the price to $1000 dollors. A leg fell off and I need a new couch. Any takers? hee hee...
Unread 01-26-2003, 02:19 AM   #4
SohjiroX
X marks the spot

only if its not on the street once payed for.
SohjiroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2003, 12:38 PM   #5
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

Well... I need a new couch. Bring your own couch, sleep on it, and leave it here when you go home. ^_^
Unread 01-27-2003, 12:04 AM   #6
domestik
pudding king

Lucky you. :X I wanna be nearer to Anaheim! XD

I live RIGHT IN LONG BEACH. And the convention center is about a 5-10 minute drive (provided the traffic isn't DOOM!) so I was very happy that it had been so close to me.

Keyword: had.

*grin*

But now I'm faaaar and awaaaaaaaaay and people have to pick me up and drive me everywhere!! :D

... I never thought of staying at home with the con so close (kinda) either. I bet I coulda made mucho money making people pay to stay over. I have TWO couches, a bathtub that could fit a 5 ft' person annnnnd many CARPET SPACE!

XD
Unread 01-27-2003, 01:16 AM   #7
rheanna

Well, the first time I went to AX it was at the Hilton, and I don't remember it being aweful ...... ::tries to remember:: ....errr ...... ::has bad memory:: ^^;;
But the convention center at the Hilton is all brand new, so it should at least look pretty! ^.^;

I'll probably miss the openess of the Hyatt in LB though... I really liked that huge walkway outside the convention center just since it was totally great for taking pictures and walking around!

On location... for me, either way it's a HUGE distance from where I live, so it doesn't make too much of a big deal. I guess it's more convinient since I always go to Disneyland at least once (since it's such a long way to go, I usually stay at least a week) so that'll be nice! ^^

Whatever, the way I see it, i's AX, so you know it's gonna be all good! XD
rheanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2003, 08:51 PM   #8
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

Heck ya! I'm just afraid of change.. LB was so beautiful and with the view of the Queen Mary and all... *misty eyes* Also, my school had it's winter formal in the Hyatt, same room as those two movie theatres were upstairs. I'm sort of emotionally attatched there..

*sigh* At least we can scare tourists... *evil grin* Mwuhahaha
RoseDuelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2003, 01:18 AM   #9
maikaeirn
The human vacum

Quote:
Originally posted by RoseDuelist
*sigh* At least we can scare tourists... *evil grin* Mwuhahaha
^_^ Yes, scaring tourists is always a GOOD thing! You have no idea what my friends and i do at Disneyland....
maikaeirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2003, 12:37 PM   #10
soshi
onna kaizoku

I hated the LB con center - it was like "oh gee, we need to meet a friend over at the other hotel. excuse me while I pack my safari lunch and put on my hiking boots." everything was so frickin far away - nice for pictures, yeah, but for us losers staying over at the Westin (two years ago - last year I scored a room in the Hyatt *_*), it gets reeaaaaaall annoying walking back and fourth, ESPECIALLY in costume. so I'm glad it's moving back to Anahiem - and it's only a half hour drive away, wahoo!
soshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2003, 08:44 PM   #11
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

I lived about 45 minutes from AX last year. At least you got there in under 5 minutes XP This year 10 MINUTES!! Yayness.. we were going to get a room, but now.. what's the point? Blah...

And yes, I got lost last year many MANY times. Of course, I had never been there before so I had an excuse.
RoseDuelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2003, 10:48 PM   #12
rheanna

omigod, i used to get SO confused by the hotels!! ^^;;
(some friends of mine phoned my room and told me where they were, and halfway there i was like "oh oh... did she say Mariott... or Westin? @___@;;" so i ended up going to both hotels like a dork! ^^;;

I think that even if the con was close to me, I'd still wanna stay in the hotel though! I don't know exactly why... maybe just since that's where everything's happened? (like LATE NIGHT GAMING!! XD)
rheanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2003, 09:15 PM   #13
RoseDuelist
CHS Anime Club President

Yeah, that sounds fun. It would be nice to have an afternoon nap or something. O_o Last year I watched Vampire Hunter D at Midnight and had a show the next morning at 9:00. AH! I was soo tired...
Unread 01-31-2003, 01:07 AM   #14
Psychotic Jei
Quality Scr-what.

Thats the marvel of cellphones. I always made people meet me inbetween places. ^_^; But, the little park by the convention is decent for pictures. Though it looks like mostly palmtrees.
Psychotic Jei is offline   Reply With Quote