I got my info from the AX weapons policy thread
1. Any an all projectile weapons CANNOT have been capable of shooting ANYthing and ANYtime, no matter what the current condition. These include, but certainly not limited to: AIRSOFTS, pellet guns, bb guns, rubberband guns, NERF guns, etc...
- The ONLY exception to this is for emptied waterguns.
1. If the silhouette looks like a futuristic gun, then it's all right.
All realistic looking guns MUST follow the following criteria:
1. Cannot be a real gun
2. Must be PAINTED approximately 50% of the following colors, either singlely or in some kind of pattern:
________b. bright red
________c. bright orange
________d. bright yellow
________e. bright green
________f. bright blue
________g. bright pink
________h. bright purple
________i. or transparent
3. By "realistic," I include the following: modern guns, antique guns, all-wood guns/rifles, steam-punky guns (depending on the color and amount of steam-punkery added), etc...
Examples of realisitc guns: Yoko Ritona's gun from Gurren Lagann.
Note: for those of you thinking "But..." or "It looks horrible" or "It doesn't go with my outfit," this is California Law (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12551.php)
. There's also additional information thanks to BryantQ ( http://www.anime-expo.org/forums/ind...#entry54
For those of you saying "But they sell all black [insert gun] in the dealer's hall," the ones in the dealer's hall is for private use in a private setting. As long as you're on the convention center's grounds, either keep it in the box it came in, put it in bag check, in your car, or hotel.
And lastly, for those of saying "But [insert convention] doesn't have that kind of policy," we are not [insert convention] nor is [insert convention] us. Additionally, I would ask you to actually read the weapons policy of other conventions. You will see that we are more allow some things [insert convention] doesn't allow and vis versa.
I've inquired about Ebony and Ivory. I was told that Ebony had to be repainted per the gun policy. They are considered "Realistic guns" due to their "silhouette." Ivory, however, if a straight white is used, is just fine. The weapons policy is kinda weird, as it seems to contradict itself in regard to No Live Steel but yet allowing "metal swords with sheaths that are peace bonded."
In any case, this is a subject that should taken elsewhere so we don't derail this thread.