Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Devil May Cry

Unread 03-08-2005, 02:05 AM   #1
Virgil
Son of Sparda

Devil May Cry 3 Dante

This is my first project. I need help with either the jacket, or the sword. I don't know how to mold fiber glass and stuff. Can anyone help?

Unread 03-16-2005, 07:24 PM   #2
DantexSlayer
Unquestioned Authority

Hey, im sort of new also but i suggest doing DVC2's costume...its eaiser and also looks good..thats the one ill be doing.

-Dante-
DantexSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2005, 07:25 PM   #3
DantexSlayer
Unquestioned Authority

And Where Can I Get Those Guns!!!!!!!!!! Lmao I Want Them!!!!!

-Dante-
DantexSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2005, 08:59 PM   #4
Faux
My Kung Fu is strong.

Screw the jacket. Grab a towel and go shirtless, like in the intro.

Props to anyone who is brave enough to do this.

Quote:
Your subculture is represented by the worst it has to offer.
Faux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2005, 09:25 PM   #5
animeroxmysox13
Addicted

wow. those guns are freakin' sweet!!!!!
Unread 03-17-2005, 08:42 PM   #6
L.&C.
wha,huh? whats that smell

I'm going as dante from dmc3 also. I need pictures fo the sword. If you guys can find them please post them or send a link...PLEASE!
L.&C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2005, 12:02 AM   #7
Aisha-chan
Cosplay Hell Gatekeeper

I dunno. I don't think that that is a beginner's costume. I'd tone it down before doing somehting that impressive.

But if you want.

I have a friend who's done that, and DMC2.

"Silly fangirl, shouta's for kids!"
Aisha-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2005, 11:59 PM   #8
NinjaPirate

Im personally working on a DMC Dante version of the costume, with his black long sleeved shirt, black gloves, red vest, and his red overcoat and red pants, just basically because i dont think i could pull off the shirtless look

Im also going to create his sword Alastar and his two handguns, Ivory and Ebondy, ill let you know how it turns out.
NinjaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2005, 11:04 PM   #9
Demon Angel

faux does ur ps2 still work cuz ill buy it if it does
Demon Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2005, 02:12 PM   #10
DarkEpyon
トップをねらえ! GunBuster!

The guns would be the easy part. Just buy two of the same at a toy store, then paint one of them white (or black if the ones you bought were white).
DarkEpyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #11
San the Red Fox

I have an idea on the jacket, cause i'm actually working on two Dante cosplays. One being a fem version (didn't get it 100% done) and the DMC3 version.http://ninjapino.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/devil_may_cry3_2.jpg
I say first look for patterns that would look the closest to the jacket itself. And if its not exact, then alter it! For the material, I would use pleather. A light red pleather, and the lining, make sure it would fit on comfort, and color and sheen.
or
262-757-3599 (in USA)

San the Red Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #12
San the Red Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DantexSlayer View Post
And Where Can I Get Those Guns!!!!!!!!!! Lmao I Want Them!!!!!
The guns on the other hand... You can find them on ebay!
or
262-757-3599 (in USA)

San the Red Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #13
Technowraith
Stealing Dante's Pizza...

For sword pictures: google search Rebellion Devil May Cry and then click "images." You'll get tons of reference pictures.

For Ebony and Ivory: there's ebay, or making them yourself if you have some talent in woodworking. I've got designs drawn up for Ebony and Ivory. What sucks is that since I'm going to Anime Expo in 2012 as possibly Dante, I have to repaint Ebony some ridiculous white/black pattern to fit their weapons policy requirements. Ivory I have no clue what to do with since it's already white (light grey) and their weapons policy states that guns have to contain some amount of white, or other color.

As for the costume: if this is a first costume project, consider commissioning or buying off ebay. Unless you have the experience, Dante's coat isn't easy to make. However, with some experience you can indeed use a modified pattern from say a Tripp trenchcoat, or any other trenchcoat. You just have to have the know how to look at pieces of a garment in 3d and then translating that to a 2d pattern design. I'd suggest commissioning or ebay to save first-timer headaches though.

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Costume status: Wig ordered.
Current Prop status:
Deathbringer: Full scale mock-up 85% complete. Design adjustments in progress.
Red Queen: Design in progress
Blue Rose: Not started yet.
Technowraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #14
2DLogic
SSSmokin' Sick Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technowraith View Post
What sucks is that since I'm going to Anime Expo in 2012 as possibly Dante, I have to repaint Ebony some ridiculous white/black pattern to fit their weapons policy requirements. Ivory I have no clue what to do with since it's already white (light grey) and their weapons policy states that guns have to contain some amount of white, or other color.
Eh?
"All prop weapons or futuristic replica must be submitted to “Access Control” for written approval. Access Control has the sole discretion to approve prop weapons or futuristic replicas at Anime Expo®. Access Control is located at the booth entitled “Peace Bonding.”

Prop Weapons: homemade or commercially rendered costume prop weapons that support the overall look of a costume or character.

Futuristic Replica: Weapons portrayed in a futuristic manner such as: phasers, ray guns, or light-sabers.

Removing or tampering with the device(s) used by Access Control to designate approval is a violation of the Weapons Policy and will result in immediate expulsion from Anime Expo.

Any approved prop weapon or futuristic devise may be revoked at any time at the discretion of the Access Control and management of Anime Expo®, for reasons including, but not limited to, the item being utilized or brandished in an inappropriate fashion or if complaints are received regarding its improper display."

Not sure who told you that weapons have to have white or some other color on them. Their policy says nothing about it.

What about those generic "safety orange" barrel plugs?

Also, 6 year old thread rises from the grave?
2DLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2011, 11:50 PM   #15
Technowraith
Stealing Dante's Pizza...

I got my info from the AX weapons policy thread.

"GUNS:
1. Any an all projectile weapons CANNOT have been capable of shooting ANYthing and ANYtime, no matter what the current condition. These include, but certainly not limited to: AIRSOFTS, pellet guns, bb guns, rubberband guns, NERF guns, etc...
- The ONLY exception to this is for emptied waterguns.

FUTURISTIC GUNS:
1. If the silhouette looks like a futuristic gun, then it's all right.

REALISTIC GUNS:
All realistic looking guns MUST follow the following criteria:
1. Cannot be a real gun
2. Must be PAINTED approximately 50% of the following colors, either singlely or in some kind of pattern:
________a. white
________b. bright red
________c. bright orange
________d. bright yellow
________e. bright green
________f. bright blue
________g. bright pink
________h. bright purple
________i. or transparent
3. By "realistic," I include the following: modern guns, antique guns, all-wood guns/rifles, steam-punky guns (depending on the color and amount of steam-punkery added), etc...

Examples of realisitc guns: Yoko Ritona's gun from Gurren Lagann.

Note: for those of you thinking "But..." or "It looks horrible" or "It doesn't go with my outfit," this is California Law (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12551.php). There's also additional information thanks to BryantQ ( http://www.anime-expo.org/forums/ind...#entry54 2189 )
For those of you saying "But they sell all black [insert gun] in the dealer's hall," the ones in the dealer's hall is for private use in a private setting. As long as you're on the convention center's grounds, either keep it in the box it came in, put it in bag check, in your car, or hotel.
And lastly, for those of saying "But [insert convention] doesn't have that kind of policy," we are not [insert convention] nor is [insert convention] us. Additionally, I would ask you to actually read the weapons policy of other conventions. You will see that we are more allow some things [insert convention] doesn't allow and vis versa.
"

I've inquired about Ebony and Ivory. I was told that Ebony had to be repainted per the gun policy. They are considered "Realistic guns" due to their "silhouette." Ivory, however, if a straight white is used, is just fine. The weapons policy is kinda weird, as it seems to contradict itself in regard to No Live Steel but yet allowing "metal swords with sheaths that are peace bonded."

In any case, this is a subject that should taken elsewhere so we don't derail this thread.

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Costume status: Wig ordered.
Current Prop status:
Deathbringer: Full scale mock-up 85% complete. Design adjustments in progress.
Red Queen: Design in progress
Blue Rose: Not started yet.
Technowraith is offline   Reply With Quote