Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Ohayocon

Unread 01-05-2003, 10:23 AM   #1
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

Costume panic for Ohayocon?

I guess I am just trying to feel better, but is anyone stuck like me with a (at best) 20% finished costume that needs to be done for Ohayocon and no /time/ to get the work done?

If so, let's commiserate and maybe I will feel more like sewing and less like going to bed and hibernating for the next month or so...

Unread 01-05-2003, 10:28 AM   #2
Vinya

Rosiel! Faitto! *wishes someone else has seen Chobits as well* ^_^
Unread 01-05-2003, 11:23 AM   #3
Bobbi
I poke spoons with baders

Haha... I'm stuck making Aoshi from Rurouri Kenshin. I have like most of the coat done... need to do the pants and the black shirt underneath. >_<
Unread 01-05-2003, 11:35 AM   #4
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

I'm currently hand-sewing lots of gold fabric to line black vinyl and slowly going insaaaaaaaaaaaane. I'm afraid I will have to forgo sleep in order to see this monster done on time. Why oh why do I do this to myself!

And, Bobbi, good luck! Sounds like you have quite a bit of work in front of you! But hopefully you can all machine-sew it so it shouldn't take too long. =)
Unread 01-05-2003, 01:10 PM   #5
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

I want to complete my SeeD jacket for Ohayocon. All I've done so far is cut out two 20x30 peices of fabric for the front and back of it.

Luckily I have no school or work this week, so I can get moving on it >.>
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2003, 01:47 PM   #6
Bonk
FOR OZ!

I got to complete/get the stuff for my two costumes and backup costume I plan on wearing/taking to OhayoCon. Heh, I got really simple costumes, but it seems no places sell t-shirts in the middle of winter. Especially white ones Xx. I still need two white t-shirts(One for the 'Anchor' Luffy shirt I plan on making and taking just incase I decide against wearing one of my costumes, and the other for my Jou costume), a green button-down shirt with a collar('Tis a really odd colour of green, like Miami Dolphin green, so I haven't found it yet), one blue(odd colour of blue, too) baseball cap, one dogtag(just /one/...and on an odd type of chain too...), and then I gotta make my duel disk still too...I'm doomed Xx. Man, procrastinators like myself don't make good Cosplayers I guess.

Well, I got less than one week, during which I have school and some activities after school about three of those nights, which take up most of my time right after school before dinner, some other things that'll probably eat up my schedule, and I have about 30%...but that's all three costumes put together, and my Kouichi costume takes up most of that percentage Xx. I guess I'll be on overdrive for the week to finish my first official cosplays, and finish them well. Neh. Doomed...doomed...doomed is me..
Bonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2003, 03:10 PM   #7
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

I'm done with lining and have been sewing ribbons for the past two hours... I foresee about 3-4 more hours of that before I can move on to the shoes. X__X

> Man, procrastinators like myself don't make good Cosplayers I guess.

I'm a MAJOR procrastinator. Every costume I make is finished in a panic last minute... I'm sure it's horrible for my blood pressure. *laughs*

> Well, I got less than one week, during which I have school and some activities after school about three of those nights

Sounds like me. X__X Except for me it's work. AAAAAAAH!
Unread 01-05-2003, 04:01 PM   #8
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Good luck to everyone here in the home stretch for Ohayocon with their costumes and preparations! I have to work M-TH all day, all while fighting a cold (I'll be OK come the con) and then flying TH night.. So really the only time I can prepare my costumes is/was this weekend. I still have other convention preparations that I usually don't finish until right before I leave for a con. (You know what that is, ne Rosiel? )

Best of luck to you all again, and see everyone Friday!
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2003, 05:31 PM   #9
Lady_Sephiroth
Lady of Avalon

That's where I was last year, pre Katsucon -- I'll never let myself get that behind again! I was up till late every night for 2 weeks wiring and painitng armor, and it was MISERABLE, especially since I do work full time, and our office is insanely busy! I was dead by the time the con rolled around, I still have no idea where I got the eneregy to GO to Katsu after all that

I'm a horrible procrastinator, though, so I know it wil happen again eventually, especially since I hit a major snag with my Katsu costume, which I'm trying to start!

I wish you all luck and much caffene and see you all on friday! We're leaving godawful early on Friday morn, trying to get there about 11 ish.
Lady_Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2003, 12:04 AM   #10
Bobbi

Trenchcoat 90% done... gotta start on the pants tomorrow. >_<; *dies*

It doesn't help when you have a puppy who likes to chew everything in sight. She just chewed the heels on my favorite $70 boots. *kicks puppy* She tried to run off with the coat but I locked her in the basment. Muaha.
Unread 01-06-2003, 02:21 AM   #11
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

La la laaaaaaaaaaa. 3:22 am and 12 hours of sewing ribbons (total) and guess who is not done?

I'll go spray-paint the jewellery and start on the shoes. The wings can wait until tomorrow. X___X
Unread 01-06-2003, 06:48 AM   #12
Bobbi

Hee... At least you guys have until Friday. My deadline is Weds night or at the absolute latest, early Thurs morning. I'm staffing and I have to be there on thurs! >_<;;

Good luck Rosiel, can't wait to see your costume!
Unread 01-06-2003, 01:46 PM   #13
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

ARGH! Armpits too tight on my SeeD jacket! *fix* >.<
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2003, 04:40 PM   #14
Rosiel
The FRENCH CONNECTION
Super Moderator

I need to start the wings... to hell with the evil ribbon sewing that never ends, I need to start the wings!

(See me realize I'll have to stay late at work tomorrow due to a deadline I was just reminded of.
See me panic.)

Good luck everyone!
Unread 01-06-2003, 08:38 PM   #15
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Me and my dad are stuck on my weird armor pads for Dark Schneider, we also need to make a new tail for Shippou X___x;;
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote