Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Detour

Unread 03-08-2005, 06:30 PM   #1
-FLCL-Amarao
I am your Lord Canti

Angry So how bout that new Weapons Policy...

I just recently read this, and for anyone who hasn't, here ya go:

Weapon's Policy Change (Please Read!)

Due to problems with our insurance company, we have to change our weapon's policy for Anime Detour 2005. We are very, very sorry about this mishap, but due to the regulations of the policy no weapons of any kind, prop or real, are allowed within the convention programming areas. This includes the Consuite, Programming, and Gaming areas. We are working to perhaps resolve this issue, but at this late date it is difficult. Our badgers will be notified of the official policy at the convention. You may store your items in your vechile or room. o*nce again, we apologize for this sudden and quite upsetting turn of events and we are doing our best to resolve it.

Now, I understand its insurance related--but still, 3 Days before the convention!!! Does this affect anyone here? I'm just hoping they let me keep my Bass.............
-FLCL-Amarao is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-08-2005, 07:26 PM   #2
GreenFire
I used to be sane

that's just evil! they need to give more warning then this! Figures they post this right after I fixed up my rose whip...making me waste half a day....
GreenFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 08:53 PM   #3
Hyperion
The only 100% Asian Jew!

I dont really care...seeing as half the people going won't either...
I love how this is posted on the night I start fiberglassing my keyblade by the way...
this year has just been a mess... no postcards, schedules only put up a week before the con, no weapons...bah humbug

*goes back to fiberglassing*
Hyperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 09:09 PM   #4
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

NO #$%^&*( WAY!!!

I am NOT leaving my sword scabbard in the room, it's not even a sword, it's just a hilt glued onto the end of a scabbard. Insurance my butt, this is NOT the time to be announcing this.

The more I keep hearing, the less I'm liking AD. They're making it really difficult to want to come back. If I hadn't already spent so much money preparing for it I would blow it off right now. I'm pretty sure asking for my registration money back wouldn't fly, would it?

Damn them.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 11:39 PM   #5
Serria
tea-drinker

I was going to make Aeris's staff.. but I guess that's... a weapon?? I'm confused. Why the sudden change, I wonder?
Serria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2005, 12:41 AM   #6
-FLCL-Amarao
I am your Lord Canti

So yeah, evidently I can have my Bass, phew... Also, for those interested, I started a thread on this subject on the AD boards, the staff have provided some answers and info... The big thing seems determining what is a weapon, and what is a prop...
Link to AD thread:
http://www.animedetour.com/forum/vie...fd4b2f 88175b
-FLCL-Amarao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2005, 04:21 AM   #7
Gothic_Catboy
Bring down ze Kitty Bomb

f*cking idiots... that's all I can say... f*cking idiots... even when I was at the meeting on Sunday (though I got there a little late and maybe it was brought up before I got there) I didn't hear anything on the matter... now...

*correction* The insurance company really had its head up its ass this time. But... let's ride this out then.

Last edited by Gothic_Catboy : 03-09-2005 at 04:26 AM.
Gothic_Catboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2005, 06:06 PM   #8
DeadLegato
Homicidal Perky Goth

Yeah, it's really not Detour's fault this time. The insurance company just went "Oh, those weapons you've been talking about all along? Uh... we don't think so. Sorry we didn't tell you sooner!"

So yeah, hate on the insurance co on this one. I'm sure they'll be changing policy providers after this little last-minute kick in the butt.

YO GUYS! I have the official new policy here!

"On the weapons -- props are okay; replicas and fakes
are okay. Real guns, swords that can actually cut
through people, knives sharper than letter openers,
etc., are not okay. So it's kind of a version of the
"Don't make us take that from you rule," with a few
more caveats."

Straight from the horse's mouth. So, we can't allow peace bonded live steel anymore or airsoft guns, but those are about the only things getting the boot.

Thanks for putting up as we worked through this. Love you all (with a few exceptions) and see you at Masq.

OH! At the cosplay table, if my printer doesn't die, I will have "cosplay.com" badge things, so cosplay.com members can identify one another. I've got a limited amount so find me early.

Last edited by DeadLegato : 03-09-2005 at 08:31 PM.
DeadLegato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2005, 11:12 PM   #9
Bobio Inevuana
I think you're crazy.

Quote:
OH! At the cosplay table, if my printer doesn't die, I will have "cosplay.com" badge things, so cosplay.com members can identify one another. I've got a limited amount so find me early.
Oh! Great idea~! ^__^
Bobio Inevuana is offline   Reply With Quote