Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 160 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 10-25-2005, 08:00 PM   #211
_Nozomi_
Bloody Mary

Ok, i just got a wig for myself at Loblaws (yes the grocery store) for Monica Argento. Its pretty good quality, no ratting at all and quite thick. It was a china doll wig and I have now styled it. Its a bit too long in places still, Id appreciate any critique or tips on making it a bit more accurate.
Attached Images
File Type: png monicahair.png (54.7 KB, 0 views)
_Nozomi_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-29-2005, 08:09 AM   #212
Rosieal
Magister Mundi Sum

That is looking fantastic! You do look like Monica too!

Base on the artbook, you only need to seperate the fringes quite a bit and also, you need to thin the sides of the wig to expose a bit of your ears.
Rosieal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 01:32 PM   #213
_Nozomi_
Bloody Mary

Thanks, I shall do that before going to the halloween party tonight. Pictures of almost complete costume (armor sadly wont dry fast enough I dont think) will be up soon.
_Nozomi_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2005, 05:26 PM   #214
Solaria
Ninja Pirate

Wow, I've recently started following this series (due to a friend wanting to cosplay Esther), and now I think I want to drive myself insane by making an Astaroshe costume. I might switch to Kate Scott, but for now I'm thinking Astaroshe.

I was wondering, does anyone have any reference pictures of the costume in the picture I've attached? I can't seem to find any anywhere. I've found a few pictures of slightly different outfits, but anything that would give me a better view of any part of it, especially the gold in the center, or the back of the costume, would greatly be appreciated- doesn't have to be a color picture or anything either.

It doesn't seem like the actual garment construction would be that difficult- I've already got the pattern pretty much mapped out in my head. It's all the detailing that will kill me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Astaroshe.jpg (157.2 KB, 0 views)
Solaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2005, 06:37 PM   #215
Rosieal
Magister Mundi Sum

Solaria, I am very happy to hear that you are biting into the Trinity Blood fever (trust me, it's extremely addictive). Let me direct you to this forum...

http://s7.invisionfree.com/Trinity_B...?showtopic=203

I hope that helps. ^^
Rosieal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2005, 08:29 PM   #216
kkoganei1328
chachamaru!!

ooo!! another tb fan ^_^ i have a few astaroshe pics in my compy. if you want, i can send them to you. but the TB forum ghost directed you to has really good stuff too. but here's another piccy for you:

http://thehellsing.org/trinity/displ...album=5&pos=22
kkoganei1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2005, 09:31 PM   #217
Solaria
Ninja Pirate

Oooh, thanks for the forum link, Ghost! I'll go peruse there right now.

And thanks for the picture, kkoganei! I've seen that one before, but it really does show a lot more of the lower half of her costume than the other one I had posted before. ^-^ I've seen a few cosplays of that particular version of her outfit (with the silver front), and that's why I wanted to try a slightly different one instead (different appliqué and gold armor).

It was so easy to find pictures of Esther for my friend, but the Astaroshe pics are harder to come by!

Last edited by Solaria : 11-01-2005 at 09:35 PM.
Unread 11-02-2005, 12:09 AM   #218
kkoganei1328
chachamaru!!

oops ^^;; I didn't notice until now that that costume in your link is different from the one i sent you! I've never really noticed the difference because a lot of pictures i've seen with astaroshe features her in that one and a lot of cosplayers as well. I do have some really huge scans that i've found out of the TB forums of her. I can send it to you if you want (They are way too big as an attachment).
Unread 11-02-2005, 12:19 AM   #219
Solaria
Ninja Pirate

That's OK, I really like the ones you sent me, so I'm thinking of switching! The basic shape is the same still; it's just different in the front (the armor (?) part) and has different detailing. And Nozomi sent me a really awesome picture of the back of that costume as well. ^-^

OK, so now I'm probably going to do THIS version of Astaroshe's outfit: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a91.../ROMIII-01.jpg. I seem to have a weird track record with colors though, so I'd like other people's opinion on this one: are the plate-like pieces in the front silver or gold? They have a "worn" look, and it almost looks as if the top is silver, and the bottom gold to me, but I'm just not sure. ^-^; I checked a Japanese cosplay site to see what other people had interpreted it as, color-wise, and some had silver, some had gold, and one had a gradient (which I think would be pretty cool myself).
Unread 11-02-2005, 12:28 AM   #220
Space Invader
Sparkle Butt

I'm pretty sure her plate is supposed to be gold like the rest of the armor on her costume. Also, the plates on all the other empire outfits are gold as well (I'm currently making my Mirka plate from plastic... molding armor boobies is FUN! ^o^ not).

{ I N L U M I N O }
Space Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2005, 12:34 AM   #221
Solaria
Ninja Pirate

That would make the most sense to me, since her arm cuffs are clearly gold as well... for some reason her chest plate looks duller. But the outfit she wears in the anim has a silver (well, gray) chest plate, so I just wasn't sure. I think I'll have to make sure my chest plate doesn't look super shiny when I make it. Now I just have to figure out which method I want to use for it.

I'm so happy to hear you're making Mirka! Her outfit is GORGEOUS, and I considered it for a while myself. I knew I wanted to cosplay a girl from the series, since the nun habits were so beautiful (then I decided on Astaroshe...), and Mirka's outfit is very beautiful and feminine.
Unread 11-02-2005, 12:40 AM   #222
Space Invader
Sparkle Butt

Haha. XD The velvet I ordered for it arrives tomorrow (all velvet with embroidery and crap for all the details ^^; I'm gonna die). I can't wait to work on my wig though, I'm adding in full-length extensions so it will be down to the floor!

Come Feburary I need to start on Cain for Comic Con... O_o and I shall die yet again. I still need to figure out how to make that lance break down for transport...

{ I N L U M I N O }
Space Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2005, 01:09 AM   #223
Solaria
Ninja Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Invader
Haha. XD The velvet I ordered for it arrives tomorrow (all velvet with embroidery and crap for all the details ^^; I'm gonna die). I can't wait to work on my wig though, I'm adding in full-length extensions so it will be down to the floor!
Oh, I so hear you on both counts! XD I don't know if I'm using velvet or what yet, and I don't think I'm going to embroider ALL the details... but yeah, I'm going to die too. I think it just comes with the territory. And my current plan for the wig is to buy a shorter one (shoulder-length) and then add extensions in the back. ^-^

But there's plenty of time until AX (I still have to make two costumes for cons before then though, but they're both very simple except for a large amount of painting on one of them...)
Unread 11-02-2005, 01:48 AM   #224
kkoganei1328
chachamaru!!

Solaria:

the plate pieces in the front of astaroshe's costume i believe are gold. but i'm sure you can make it silver and it shouldn't affect the overall costume ^_^V Will you be making her staff as well?

and your also making it for AX as well? COOL!!!! i have someone joining the ranks of The Empire with me!!! I can't wait to cut up my pretty green sateen. I'm almost done with seth's petticoat, i just need more layers. And i got a brand new serger for this costume. i'm going to have fun learning how to string that up --;; but..no more fraying!!! i'm so excited.
Unread 11-02-2005, 02:00 AM   #225
Solaria
Ninja Pirate

Yeah, I played around with the saturation levels and stuff in Photoshop, and it seems to have gold tones. I'm just going to try to age it so it's not super-bright-shiny gold. As cool as her staff is, I don't think I'll have either the time or the skill to do it. :-( I'm not very good with props.

Yes, it's for AX! And my friend is doing Esther (the white habit though, not her empire outfit)! I'd love to see your Seth-chan at AX; she's such an awesome character. ^-^