Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 144 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 02-17-2009, 12:31 AM   #5746
firedramage
Lightbringer Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkoganei1328 View Post
::laughs gleefully:: my forks are finished!!!!!!! ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the shinyness !! (I didn't make these) and they're detatchable!!!!!!!!!! :glees:

Those are sweet!!!!!!!
firedramage is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-17-2009, 12:39 AM   #5747
Inoli
I Nom Swords

KKoganei..... your Prop maker is a genius. I want.
They looks WONDERFUL!

[/color] [/size]
Inoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 01:31 AM   #5748
kimu
merciful kirin, really ;p

@kkoganei--Those do look awesome! And the assembly design...Very Niiiiiiice!

@JJ--As for anime Tres--good idea to start there.
Suggest you search the thread for "cassock" and probably "pattern"--but I'll comment that the Butterick 6844 is the usual one a number of us use. But--one word of caution, if you really want it to look good--make it from muslin the first time so you can tailor it to you. And you're going to have to change the cuffs a bit, even for anime. Another good reason to play with muslin first.
As for the capelet, some just use a circle cape pattern, some of us a cape pattern we modified from there to get the crazy collars on them. You can do more thread searches on those words, too.
That said, there's been lots of discussion about fabrics (twill is most common) and things you can use for your making your pauldrons and rosary. At least you can avoid the whole arrows thing for now. (Use those key words in searches and you should come up with a number of options.)
Have fun with it!
kimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 10:11 AM   #5749
Tooru18
Taste the Rainbow!

If I EVER see one more pair of black boots I will scream. =__= Does anyone have good stores they can so kindly give me the names of to where I can obtain wonderflex?

*le gasp* A fellow Tres! *though she is doing his manga version* How are you making your guns? And holsters?

And on the most random note ever, IS there a way to get my hair from Manga Tres to Bleach's Aizen? I really don't want to buy another wig this year. D:

Akon 2011: Akagane (Natsume), Duke Tigris (Trinity Blood)
Afest: ???
Tooru18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 05:22 PM   #5750
firedramage
Lightbringer Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooru18 View Post
If I EVER see one more pair of black boots I will scream. =__= Does anyone have good stores they can so kindly give me the names of to where I can obtain wonderflex?

*le gasp* A fellow Tres! *though she is doing his manga version* How are you making your guns? And holsters?

And on the most random note ever, IS there a way to get my hair from Manga Tres to Bleach's Aizen? I really don't want to buy another wig this year. D:

This is where I got my wonderflex from. The prices are reasonable.
http://www.cosplaysupplies.com/store.php?s=M4UZ
firedramage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 05:38 PM   #5751
Ichiro
I-zuki the Stitch Witch

I buy wonderflex from the https://www.dazian.com/ they are the supplier for wonderflex every one else who sells it gets it from them. only down side is you can only buy the 42 by 50 inch measurement.
Rossiu Remake: 95% - Gurren Lagann
Mistborn: 5% - Mistborn
Dr. Stein: 15% - Soul Eater
Ichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #5752
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkoganei1328 View Post
::laughs gleefully:: my forks are finished!!!!!!! ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the shinyness !! (I didn't make these) and they're detatchable!!!!!!!!!! :glees:
Those are awesome! I love them.

On to the question of arrows. I'm planning on making mine out of left over pieces of foamlux PVC (known also as Cintra) or out of tin sheeting and was wondering if anyone has any success at trying either method. I did consider resin casting but I'm not that great at anything that requires casting. Any casting for sculpture work on my art degree was an epic fail.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Sephirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009, 12:58 AM   #5753
silent_dreaming
Oh, huzzah!

x.x I fell away from this thread again! KKoganei, those forks are fantastic! Great job!

Work on Caterina has finally started back up again...I'm working on outlining all of the scrollwork with bugle beads so I can blind everyone around me with my sparkliness! Mwahahaha! I'm determined to finally debut her at A-kon this year, so she must be finished! I've also started work on Helga and should have her finished by the end of the week, if all goes my way. RCO for the win.
-Shuurei - Saiunkoku Monogatari - 15%
-Izayoi - Inuyasha - 10%

2012 Convention Plans

TrekCon Vegas - Las Vegas, NV
AnimeFEST - Dallas, TX

~~Cosplay Blog~~ last updated June 6, 2012

DeviantART Facebook Twitter
silent_dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #5754
JJ/Ryojin

So far for my Tres costume, I have two namco lightguns. Is there a specific type of spray paint i should use? The guns are plastic if that makes any difference.
JJ/Ryojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009, 10:12 PM   #5755
Tooru18
Taste the Rainbow!

Hm? What are those? And any acrylic base spraypaint should work. Metallic silver I think, right?

Akon 2011: Akagane (Natsume), Duke Tigris (Trinity Blood)
Afest: ???
Tooru18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009, 10:32 PM   #5756
kkoganei1328
chachamaru!!

Thanks everyone!! i can't wait for my forks to be shipped out. so exciting!!!!

Quote:
JJ/Ryojin
So far for my Tres costume, I have two namco lightguns. Is there a specific type of spray paint i should use? The guns are plastic if that makes any difference.
You should prime those guns first with acrylic paint. If you use spray paint directly on plastic, the chemicals in the spray paint might melt/ damage the surface of your gun. (better safe than sorry!!) then you can use metallic spray paint on it. Or.......you could just get a metal enameled acrylic paint (sticks to plastic better) and just paint by hand. the enamel gives it shine too.
kkoganei1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009, 10:47 PM   #5757
Ichiro
I-zuki the Stitch Witch

Also make sure the con your going to allows fake firearms some are very strict about there gun rules
Rossiu Remake: 95% - Gurren Lagann
Mistborn: 5% - Mistborn
Dr. Stein: 15% - Soul Eater
Ichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 01:59 PM   #5758
JJ/Ryojin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiro View Post
Also make sure the con your going to allows fake firearms some are very strict about there gun rules
Im planning on debuting this costume at San Diego Comic Con, they're pretty laid back on fake guns as long as you get them checked out at security. Plus, im leaving the muzzle of the gun its orginal orange color to show that the gun is obviously fake.
Unread 02-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #5759
Nightwingpixie
.:: Shiru-san ::.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeyMeggan View Post
Yeaaaah, Wiki makes me sad...one day I'll go in and edit the hell out of it with the correct information.

And thores I think hates cosplayers, and wants no one to recreate her stuff, that's the only answer I can come up with. I weep when I think that I have to redo that whole outfit before AX.

ER yes, let us know what version of Tres you're doing and after you search the thread a bit let us know the particulars of what you need help with...cause...well...first step I always give people is: 1)Pick your reference/base image 2)Be honest with yourself, can you make that version? 3)If yes: proceded to make/find/buy/con a pattern; If no: rethink your reference/base image....

Yeah, in snarky mood from no sleep, dont' mind the grumpy cardinal....
Don't bother updating/editting. I tried editting Cain's, Seth's, and Lilith's info. With their correct last names and they were changed back! *Shoots the changer*

--

I've changed my costume. Instead of the manga empress outfit. I'm going to do the anime undercover outfit. I want an outfit that fits me. X3 Plus it seems easier and let work. :/

(Trinity Blood - Cain Knightlord, Abel Nightroad, and Seth Nightlord: The Knightlord Siblings.)
Nightwingpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 09:10 PM   #5760
JJ/Ryojin

[quote=You should prime those guns first with acrylic paint. If you use spray paint directly on plastic, the chemicals in the spray paint might melt/ damage the surface of your gun. (better safe than sorry!!) then you can use metallic spray paint on it. Or.......you could just get a metal enameled acrylic paint (sticks to plastic better) and just paint by hand. the enamel gives it shine too.[/QUOTE]

Im a beginner with painting props, so out of those two options, which would be the easiest and worry-free?