miles day

Wow..
I'm just speechless..
Wow. Haha

Ricardo Russo - Baccano! - 87%
Czeslaw Meyer - Baccano! - 90%

Working On:
Christopher Shouldered plushie - Baccano! - 5%
Claudia Walken - Baccano! - 15% (for friend)
komichuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #6512
Katzyn
Newbie Cosplayer~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeyMeggan View Post
I am a bit depressed that my friend might not make it to the next con, she promised to be my popey...but if that doesn't happen I'll get her at NDK, muahahaha!
If I don't go to my brother's wedding, I will be going to Wasabi. >=| WILL.

And yeah...I remember seeing Kimu, then finally watching/reading TB and realizing...wow, Kimu's a short Abel. XD
Katzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #6513
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimu View Post
oh! If you are going to be at Fanime, make sure you check out the Fanime forum on c.com! I have a thread there for the Trinity Blood gathering, as I'm the organizer for it at Fanime. We'd love to have you join us!

I don't have any new exciting news at the moment for TB costumes. Although I always enjoy seeing what everyone else is up to.
My next TB project for Empire Abel will start around June or July.

And I don't even have many pics from ALA that were on my camera for TB, either! And we did have some fun there. (Need the others to post their links.) There were some great photo ops with Ginryuu's Father Leon debut. LOL! (Even if it was her casual version, before she gets the Vatican version done.)

There's my few in here:
http://s942.photobucket.com/albums/a...er%20Cosplays/

http://s942.photobucket.com/albums/a...2010/?start=40

THERE WAS A MONICA!!!!!!!! Awesome. Loved the Leon as well. Great costumes.

You always have such epic pics.

I do have some from a recent shoot (in which Isaak and Abel do some really bad fanservice shots, lol!). I hope to put them up soon once my back log or corset commissions is complete (snow in the UK delayed me getting my supply orders).

I'm a short Abel as well. I'm 5'5". I try and wear heels or hell lefts so that I'm close to the rightish height for group shoots. Never happens but its still lols worthy.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Sephirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 08:00 PM   #6514
kimu
merciful kirin, really ;p

The Monica is Kitty's! She did an AWESOME job on it!!!

Sadly, I don't have many epic TB pics on my camera really for ALA...Inoli and some others should have pics to share at some point.
(And I'm still posting pics from other stuff for ALA that I do have.)

As for my height... *wibble face*...I'm so short even heeled boots are pointless for me. And if I did wear something like that? I guarantee there would be too many actual Abel moments and it would be a bad bad thing....
If I'm cosplaying a taller character, I just scale my costume to enhance the look of being taller.

As for Wasabi--well, looks like I'm going to be there. So there should be more TB photo fun to share after that.
kimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:56 PM   #6515
Fenix42
grappling hook!

This to-be Abel is only 5'6". So not coordinated (you should see me on drums in Rock Band...o.O) to do heels or platform shoes either.

No updates...been distracted by other costumes of mine and others... ><
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:58 PM   #6516
FeyMeggan

Don't worry Kimu, Im' short too...until I put on my five inch DoD shoes :: evil chortle:: And I'm sure there shall be all sorts of shenanigans at Wasabi
And Katzyn, not to jinx your brother or anything...I wish him all the best, really...I won't finish that sentence, that's just mean.
komichuu, don't worry over being short, I promise it won't be a bad thing! You and your Empress are supposed to dominate from a lower elevation!

I'm sorta even more bummed I probably won't make it to Fanime, I would have loooooooved to taunt Kitty about her lovely :: cough:: necklace. But that's okay, until curls 5.0 are done I should probably behave.

So now that DoD is done the next on my TB to-do list is Suit!Catheirne. Which I will work on drafting, but won't be able to finish until I can afford some good interfacing. This will be my year of suits and jackets, she gets both, and will be my third of each. I shall become a mastah of them eventually. And yes, once again I have no colour scheme dictated by the creators(as of yet, I'll wibble once they release that novel) so I'm going with my favorite shades of grey and purple. And I just realized...I can totally get away with re-using my silk shirt I just made for another character...oh the joys of multi purpose garments!

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
FeyMeggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 01:12 AM   #6517
Katzyn
Newbie Cosplayer~

*dances around* Yay, I'm really excited that you're coming to Wasabi, Kimu. ^_^ I know we didn't meet all that properly, but I'm really looking forward to seeing you again. ^_^ I'll be glued to Fey's side (pretty much!), so I'm sure we'll get to meet again. ^_^

I have a feeling there's no way in Hell that I'll be able to attend the wedding, so...His Holiness really needs a fitting. =3 We'll have to get together real soon, Fey. XD
Katzyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 04:27 AM   #6518
Inoli
I Nom Swords

*grabs onto Kimu* nownow No one gets to Taunt my Lovely Brother but me... ~<3

Honestly Height isnt a big issue with Cosplays. It can sometimes be amusing but skin color, weight and height should NOT be a factor- EVER. just tailor things to your height and body type and it will look stunning! After all even though we arnt the same height Kimu's and My stoles [as Abel] line up PERFECTLY! True sign of a good Abel *yanks Fenix in there as well with that* =D

looks like I'll ahve to drag Cain out of the retirement closet [hohoho] for a few shinanagans at Wasabi. ungh now just to redo the bangs.... silly wig!

[/color] [/size]
Inoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #6519
komichuu
miles day

I'm still wondering whether to go with high heels with four inch heels or stay with my 2.5" heels.

Working On:
Unread 02-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #6520
kimu

If I may be so bold as to offer a noble of the Methuselah advice...
Go with what's comfortable for you. If wearing 4" heels would be hard for you to walk in and last more than half an hour wearing? Then pick the 2/5" heels.

But then...this is from someone who can't wear heels without calves cramping up in 20 minutes. Who would make a spectacle of falling if trying to wear 4" heels....
So I would always choose comfort over height of heels in my case.
I know some will argue height, or maybe accuracy to costume over comfort.
So it's your choice!
;D

As for brother being dragged out of the retirement closet?
*twitches*
Guess you'll be needing your shojo sparkle sticks then....
;P

Last edited by kimu : 02-04-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Unread 02-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #6521
komichuu
miles day

I think I will stick with the 2.5" heels. I'm on a budget and plus my cosplay is already costing me around $120.. And I only have $39.89 in my maneki neko. Hahaha.

Working On:
Unread 02-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #6522
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimu View Post
If I may be so bold as to offer a noble of the Methuselah advice...
Go with what's comfortable for you. If wearing 4" heels would be hard for you to walk in and last more than half an hour wearing? Then pick the 2/5" heels.

But then...this is from someone who can't wear heels without calves cramping up in 20 minutes. Who would make a spectacle of falling if trying to wear 4" heels....
So I would always choose comfort over height of heels in my case.
I know some will argue height, or maybe accuracy to costume over comfort.
So it's your choice!
;D

As for brother being dragged out of the retirement closet?
*twitches*
Guess you'll be needing your shojo sparkle sticks then....
;P

I second this. I did wear really big heels for a cosplay once and it really hurt my legs so I don't try to match my height too often. Its only when I fancy it do I raise my height a little. I did consider for Cain but I decided not to as i would rather go for a more accuate cosplay.

Sparkle sticks!!!!!!!! The mind boggles.

*Update* I've added Mirka Fortuna back onto my 'to-do-list' for a possible photo session with my friend's Ion.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Sephirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #6523
Valdrein
Fashion Student

I'm working on a Cain (manga) cosplay for Sakura con.
Though the con is getting PRETTY close I really need to get my butt in gear ^^'

I've started my claws and wings (stupid 6 wings...) but that back armor I'm pretty sure is going to take my soul.. T-T Mainly because of that stupid skull attached to the back. But a group of us are doing TB so that keeps me motivated : D
Merida - Lady Thor - Rictor - Mephisto

Deviant Art = Valdrein
Valdrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 11:47 PM   #6524
kimu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirayne View Post

Sparkle sticks!!!!!!!! The mind boggles.
Yes! Shojo sparkle sticks!! Because sometimes just a smile and 6 wings isn't enough....

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...=DSC07600a.jpg

http://s942.photobucket.com/albums/a...=DSC08814a.jpg

Good luck on the Cain costume, Valdrein! We'll want to see pics from Sak Con!
And...Mirka? Have fun with that, too Sephirayne.

Last edited by kimu : 02-09-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Unread 02-12-2010, 06:55 PM   #6525
komichuu
miles day

Whew.
I started getting my arse in gear and began starting on my Mirka cosplay.
It looks good so far.
I just need to add the gold trim and the frills on.. And especially the bows.
Then I'll be done with the jacket/top and onto the easy skirt (:

Working On: