Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 172 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #7096
Fashwiing
picks on blond bartenders

hay gurl hay, I can't wait to see your Caterina!

I'm going to do a bunch of repainting and repairs on Vaclav in the coming months and hopefully I'll be able to bring him to ALA. Putting him in a duffel bag as carry-on on a plane = eep! but (knock on wood) nothing bad should happen. Myself and a bunch of friends are going to fly down and share a room and I can't wait!

He does need some serious repair work, though :\ I left him in the back of my car until just about last week when I took everything out from Fanime to pack for Kumoricon.

Cons I plan on attending:
Newcon 2013
ALA 2014
Sakuracon 2014
Fanime 2014
Kumoricon 2014

Am I the only one who thinks just living is sad?
Fashwiing is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #7097
FeyMeggan

Well, if you're doing artbook you definitely want a rich fabric. For my artbook I used a nice plush velvet, but I know other people have used a nice low-sheen duchess satin for her. You could go crazy and use a silk as well. It'll all depend on your budget and what materials you prefer handling.

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
FeyMeggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #7098
kimu
merciful kirin, really ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashwiing View Post
hay gurl hay, I can't wait to see your Caterina!

I'm going to do a bunch of repainting and repairs on Vaclav in the coming months and hopefully I'll be able to bring him to ALA. Putting him in a duffel bag as carry-on on a plane = eep! but (knock on wood) nothing bad should happen. Myself and a bunch of friends are going to fly down and share a room and I can't wait!
Not sure if this will be encouragement that it can be done--I think your Havel is amazing but I'm not sure how you constructed stuff. So I will hope you can travel with him and not have your rework efforts get thrashed by the airlines!

I made Abel's armor and bling stuff to attach with snaps to the cassock and cape. So it's easy to remove for storage and especially travel. Only the arrows are permanently attached to the costume.
I travel with Abel's armor stuff in a rolling bag--the kind used for laptops and some other goodies. It's small enough to fit in the overhead storage. I have the armor wrapped in muslin scraps to keep stuff from scraping against each other. And it helps provide some padding.
Sometimes I put the cape (with the collar supported with socks to keep the shape) in a carry bag that fits under the seats. Sometimes I put in the rolling bag depending on what other props and costume bits I'm fitting in the rolling bag.

@lexy-chan: So good to see you posted in here! The pics I saw of the Caterina you didn't actually wear at ALA's gathering looked lovely! Looking forward to seeing a redone version and you joining us in the TB fun!

And having Havel join us at ALA would be awesome, too!

(Empire Abel muslin pattern work is in full progress, albeit disrupted by this AX member's trip to NDK where more TB shenanigans were done. And saw some lovely and awesome costumes and cosplayers! Pictures will be posted soonish.)
kimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 11:31 PM   #7099
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

How is everyone doing? .

I've had to switch costumes. I've injured my back so my Empire Abel is now on hold till next year. I'll be doing the early years white jacket Abel instead as its easier on my back. Hopefully will have some photos of it soon.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Sephirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 01:44 AM   #7100
Elf Lady
Bishies are love

Oh no! I hope the back injury is not serious and that you'll recover quickly.

I haven't even started on Esther. I got all the fabric, I think I know what to do about all the embroidery (totally going to cheat and use soutache braid), I have Wonderflex. I just don't have the energy to get it done for Yaoi-con. So I'm afraid it will have to be done for Fanime next year.
Yaoi Con 2012:Hakuouki - Saito Hajime (Western and traditional version)
Rurouni Kenshin - Oro?
Elf Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #7101
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

Thanks Elf Lady, its not too serious. Just a bruised disc. I just have to take things easy so I can't sit in front of a sewing machine for too long. I'm able to do light sessions of sewing so I'm doing an easier costume to manage in small doses.

Don't worry about not be able to get Esther done. I delayed my Abel AX uniform three times before I wore him. I much prefer to delay and do a good job rather than rush. I know I would hate the costume if I rushed.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Unread 10-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #7102
Avenly

I love ah-ha moments. I think I have finally FINALLY figured out how I am going to remake remake the remake of my Esther Cosplay. *Runs around* But thats just the actual outfit. Still working on those arrows of Doom n such. And Deciding how to make Abel for the hubby.

But Still!! Now that I know what and how I think I am confident that this will be the last remake of white esther. Or I might just do the blue esther this go round. lol.

Co- creator of the Naruto Prom at Otakon started in '07.

Otakon 2014 Cosplay Plans:
Ariel - Blue dress
Maka Alburn - Soul Eater

Hubby:
Dr. Stein - Soul Eater
Avenly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 01:51 AM   #7103
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirayne View Post
Just a bruised disc. I just have to take things easy so I can't sit in front of a sewing machine for too long. I'm able to do light sessions of sewing so I'm doing an easier costume to manage in small doses.
Oh my, that sounds painful. ;__; I hope you get well soon, Sephirayne!

Haven't been in here in a while. =0 University has me in its death hold, BUT I had a bout of inspiration after getting my copy of volume 13 in the mail. :'D After a few days of sculpting in the wee hours of the morning, I have an Esther Rosary! Huzzah.

I couldn't bear to use my nice new silver polymer clay (it's so beautiful~~), so I used some old sculpey I had lying around, instead.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...y/IMG_1737.jpg

Need to sand, make raised details, and paint, but it's almost done!

Still no progress on the habit itself, but the sewing should go pretty fast once I start on it. Mmm more bias tape. <3

Otakuthon: Ashe(League of Legends), Artwork (Nardack illustrations)

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

KakeraのTsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #7104
Inoli
I Nom Swords

@Sephirayne haha I FEEL your pain! I sit on an ottoman instead at my regular chair because it forces me to sit upright and suport my back which isn't the best either. Lay flat a lot and stretch occasionally it helps!

and speaking of... making things simpler for me, going to revamp my Cain wings to do a "walk around con version" so at Fanime this year I can terrorize the lot without having to sit and rest with the wings settled on my lower back. Funfoam seams to be calling me =O so I hope to eventually be able to update my pictures and WITH the Lance Shokora made for me =D
Hi TB forum, long time no see!

[/color] [/size]
Inoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 12:31 AM   #7105
Fashwiing

Haaaaaaaay~

So I'm having trouble finding a reference for the backs of the Inquisition uniforms. I know the crest is on the bottom of the tabard and on the hood, but Vaclav has something on his back with strands coming off it and the only reference I can find is blocking the view of his waist area so I have no idea if he has a belt or not. hfalksdjfhakjsfd the man is going to drive me insane but at least there's only one reference for this outfit so I don't have to do that 'rule of three' thing like with his AX uniform.

I finally mastered mitered corners with bias tape! That means I'm going to tackle Inquisition Vaclav next~ bring on the red velvet and gold pleather seam binding * 3*~

Newcon 2013
ALA 2014
Sakuracon 2014
Fanime 2014
Kumoricon 2014

Unread 11-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #7106
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

@Inoli. crikey! Hope you didn't injury yourself too badly. Yay! for more Cain. You do make an epic one.

@KakeraのTsuki. That rosary is looking great. Thanks btw, my back has now healed quite nicely so I am able to carry on with my work/costumes.

@Fashwiing. Hmmmm, I haven't been able to find any images either. I'm looking to do Sister Paula next year at some point so I have some ref but sadly all from the front.

Unread 11-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #7107
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

Sephirayne: That's good to hear. Back to the blinging!

Fashwiing: I took a look through my albums and this was the only image I could find of the back. Not sure if this is the same image you were talking about, but maybe it helps? xD;

Also, more rosary progress! Pictured (left to right): Rosary, thingy on top of rosary, cross at her neck, cross earrings. >>Click<<

So proud of my little lion and unicorn. :'>

Now to hunt for silver rubnbuff. FFF I hate not living in the states sometimes. D:

Otakuthon: Ashe(League of Legends), Artwork (Nardack illustrations)

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

KakeraのTsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #7108
Fashwiing

It certainly proves that there's something back there, yes, but I guess I'm just going to have to never put the hood of my tabard up so I can hide whatever I end up putting back there. It might just end up being a copy of the back armor from my regular cloak, though that would be a bit silly.

Newcon 2013
ALA 2014
Sakuracon 2014
Fanime 2014
Kumoricon 2014

Unread 11-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #7109
silent_dreaming
Oh, huzzah!

Hello again, everyone! I haven't been on here in SO LONG, I can't believe how much this thread has grown! Glad to see Trinity Blood getting some love.

I haven't done any TB costuming in quite a while, but I've jumped back into it and am making Esther's black and gold gown from the Artbook. I can't believe how much trim this thing is eating...I've already put about 120 yards of trim on the skirt (for the stripes), and I still have an entire skirt panel to go. @_@ I've finished blinging out the bodice (though...I'm considering adding more bling...one can never have too much bling), and have moved on to the sleeves, so I feel like I'm actually getting close to finishing! I have all sorts of in-progress stuff up on my blog.

I can't wait to look at what everyone else is working on!
-Shuurei - Saiunkoku Monogatari - 15%
-Izayoi - Inuyasha - 10%

2012 Convention Plans

TrekCon Vegas - Las Vegas, NV
AnimeFEST - Dallas, TX

~~Cosplay Blog~~ last updated June 6, 2012

DeviantART Facebook Twitter

Last edited by silent_dreaming : 11-16-2011 at 12:46 PM.
silent_dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #7110
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

silent_dreaming:

I LOVE your bodice!!! care to share what pattern you are using? it looks REALLY nice!

LOVE the bling!!!!!

now I think I should make an Esther dress for ACEN...hm....
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote