Inventory Blowout! Professional quality cosplay wigs 30-40% off with shipping included - Click Here for details

Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood

Unread 12-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #7111
silent_dreaming
Oh, huzzah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KakeraのTsuki View Post
Thank you! =)

Looking forward to your queen Esther! The black gown needs more love, and I'm sure you'll do an awesome job~ =D

Thank you! I keep running out of trim...I buy it by the bolt, and have gone through 150 yards so far, and I still haven't finished. x.x Almost there, though, just a bit further to go!
-Shuurei - Saiunkoku Monogatari - 15%
-Izayoi - Inuyasha - 10%

2012 Convention Plans

TrekCon Vegas - Las Vegas, NV
AnimeFEST - Dallas, TX

~~Cosplay Blog~~ last updated June 6, 2012

DeviantART Facebook Twitter
silent_dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #7112
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

In other news... I have just ordered some interesting tidbits for a very fun accessory to Londinium Paula...

Inquisition cufflinks. Ohhhhhh Yeeeaaaahhhhhh...
Princess Shoukei: Twelve Kingdoms~ 100%
Kamiya Kaoru: Rurouni Kenshin (Jin-e Arc)
Serra: Fire Emblem~ 100%
Click To Visit The Cosplay Teahouse!
Tenkage-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #7113
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

@Silent Dreaming, Wow! That's a lot of trim. I think the most I have ever used on a project is 40. Yours is going to be one amazing costume. I can't wait to see it finished.

@Tenkage-chan, sounds interesting. Can't wait to see.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Sephirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #7114
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

Muahahahahahaaaaaaa!! ...I have returned... With THIRTEEN YARDS OF RED VELVET!!!!
Unread 12-24-2011, 10:51 PM   #7115
FeyMeggan

good god, that's a looooooot of velvet...I can honestly say I'm glad I don't have to do more with it, lol, I swam in that stuff for a while.

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
FeyMeggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 10:27 PM   #7116
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeyMeggan View Post
good god, that's a looooooot of velvet...I can honestly say I'm glad I don't have to do more with it, lol, I swam in that stuff for a while.
I know, right?? Ironically, I only need about 3-4 yards for what I'm making. But, hey! Who can argue with a surplus of velvet, when it comes to TB?
Unread 12-29-2011, 03:57 PM   #7117
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

speaking of velvet, I am thinking of making a Seth/agusta vradica costume from silk velvet, and I found a color I like...but I am not sure if it would look good....what is your guys opinions on this color of velvet? do you think it woudl work for seth?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silk-VELVET-...item589133a7da
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #7118
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

Win for Velvet, I adore the stuff. Pretty much my favourite fabric. Sadly, haven't had much use for it in cosplay.

Tenkage-chan, I can't wait to see.

Biscuit, I think that looks lovely. Could would for Seth. Quite a few Seth's I know have gone slightly darker for theirs but its up to you. Photos for fabrics can be tricky to tell.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Unread 01-01-2012, 02:18 PM   #7119
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

@Biscuit: All velvet's lovely, the only question would be if the coloring works with your skin tone. Not that I've done Seth, but I have done green. And I'm particularly fair-skinned. Light and forest greens don't particularly look good on me.

Of course, if you've absolutely fallen in love with it, then by all means, get it! Who gives a damn! It's velvet! It's soft and purrrrrty!

Last edited by Tenkage-chan : 01-12-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Unread 01-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #7120
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

Now getting back on with costuming after the Winter Hols break. I'm re-making quite a bit of my Artbook AX uniform for Abel and would really like better arrows. I heard that resin casting is good for doing them. Anyone know of any good tutorials? Thanks.

I hope you all have a great 2012. Looking forward to seeing all your projects in the coming year. I have a few TB ones myself and I am looking forward to seeing yours .

Unread 01-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #7121
FeyMeggan

So I've finally decided to work on Red Mars Elise. It's both good and bad I have zero information to go with, and only two pictures to even use as ideas. I suppose it should be easier than tackling the other TB of 2012 for me...but we'll see.

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
Unread 01-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #7122
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

Biscuit: Looks good! While most people do use a darker velvet, the lighter one is more accurate. Like Tenkage-chan pointed out, though, I'd be careful and make sure it works with your skin tone. Also, you might want to make sure it's really silk velvet with a burn test. I know friends who have bought "silk", only to burn it and find out there's a high acetate content.

Sephirayne: HCC has a pretty good tutorial Here.

I've got little progress. I wanted to finish my habit before the weekend, but I still haven't put the zipper or snaps in. <_<;

Otakuthon: Ashe(League of Legends), Artwork (Nardack illustrations)

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

KakeraのTsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #7123
FeyMeggan

Be aware that silk velvet will contain quite a bit of poly in it unless it's specifically stated that it's a cotton/silk velvet or you pay out the nose for silk/silk velvet. The silk part only refers to the 'pile' of the velvet, the actual base material will be a poly/rayon EXCEPT in the case of the coton/silk velvet or really, reaaaaaaally expensive silk/silk velvet. By definition Velvet is the weave, and the pile material is all they're required to identify when selling, not the base. Things you learn when making historically accurate outfits over the years....

Sanity Check
Unread 01-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #7124
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

Progress has been made! The lining and jacket form of Londinium Paula are just about complete- I only need to add the collar and "interfacing" for my lapels. Then, I can start trimming everything in gold. I think I'll do a little more work tonight, and ready my resin molds.
Unread 01-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #7125
kimu
merciful kirin, really ;p

ah yes, resin casting...(I am a resin casting Monster!!) Go Tenkage Sister Paula gooo!
@Sephirayne: Suggestion is HCC has a tutorial here on coscom on resin casting. Their tutorial includes TB arrows. I used their process and tweaked it a little. I used QuikCast--love to TAP Plastics here in the US, because Silpak got too hard to order from--to make my arrows. (And other resin casting goodies for other costumes.)
I'm going to do more resin casting for Empire Abel this weekend.

QuikCast: http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/prod...061060001 451

Last edited by kimu : 01-12-2012 at 07:28 PM.
kimu is offline   Reply With Quote