Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 156 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 06-02-2012, 05:43 AM   #7216
ragingphoxx

I'm feeling really "masochistic" and want to maybe cosplay as Monica. (not the one where her top goes down to her belly button... I don't have the boobs to hold it up... lol)

Ragingphoxx

Purveyor of fun and insanity
(Not necessarily in that order)

In Progress:
Berserk- Evarella (redoing wig)
Disgaea 2- Etna (my own variation)
Pokemon- Ninetails Gijinka (Furisode)
MLP:FIM- Octavia Gijinka (masquerade)
ragingphoxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #7217
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

I got my first set of photos from the photoshoots I did~ Damn it, I pinned my hip things weird, and they didn't show up in any of the pictures. FFFF. I'll make sure they're pinned right the next time I wear Esther, I guess... whenever that is.

No Trinity Blood for a while for me, sadly. I've burdened myself with two time-consuming projects for this year, so if anything, Helga will be finished off in 2013. I'll be stalking this thread for all the lovely progress to stave off the withdraw. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhelitta View Post
Congratulations! Lovely job!
Can't wait to see your next cosplay!

finally, finally, FINALLY seeing the end of my costume. I have to finish it before next Friday otherwise my friend will disown me. XD
She says I must enter the Novice division and thus I am attempting to finish it and blow away the competition. (Doubt it but never hurts to try right?) <snip>
Thank you! LOL disown... Anyways, it's looking great so far! You technically don't HAVE to enter novice for any competition, but it's a good and safe place to start if you're not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirayne View Post
Lovely skit ^^. I like it. Congrats on the other award as well. Are you able to get it sent out to you?

I agree. Yes, I was aware of why she was wearing it. I think it is a beautiful costume because of that and I do love the design.

Thank you ever so much ♥. I do love Abel so I am happy that I can pull him off alright. Does mean that I do want to do all his costumes XD. At least they aren't as detailed as Esther's XD XD
The masquerade staff is currently "exploring options" to get awards to those who didn't pick them up. Hopefully they work something out, because my friend didn't pick up our polaroids either, lol. "OTL

It's a beautiful dress~ I just tend to get influenced by these things when thinking of stage presentations, and that would be... very depressing. TT__TT

Oh, I think Abel has his fair share of detail! XD Also, Esther's nun habit was just about the easiest Trinity Blood costume I've made (aside from Red Mars Cain lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Silver chan~ View Post
Here are some progress pictures of the beading on my White Queen Esther Skirt.
So much beading... x__x Dat patience. Good luck!

Inoli: Ooh that looks great! Are those wings foam?

Otakuthon: Ashe(League of Legends), Artwork (Nardack illustrations)

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

KakeraのTsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #7218
Inoli
I Nom Swords

@ KakeraのTsuki Wow your shoot looks like it went really well regardless! I Love your make up work , really adds to all the wonderful detail you already have! Just amazing! I can't wait to see your Helga, it's always been on a "I'm tempted" lists but I highly doubt I'll be able to pull her off.
Yep Foam all the way. the silly thing is I thought the wings would be a lot lighter then my feathered and moving ones but there's only a 5 lb difference. The clean up has been easier haha. Feathers are a pain!

@ragingphoxx go for it, I wouldn't be brave enough to do the "spilling out" shots either yikes, but a little more zipped up I've seen people do some amazing stuff with padded bras if that's a concern. really I dont think you should be *Shrugs*

[/color] [/size]
Inoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:21 PM   #7219
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

Inoli: Thank you! <3 Next time... My hip bling will shine! I will make sure they do! D:< lol.

I hope I can pull off Helga properly! I don't have her bone structure so I'll have to rely on the power of makeup. XD

Ooh foam looks really good though~ I think I prefer them over feathers lol. P= How much do your foam wings weigh, out of curiosity?

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

Unread 06-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #7220
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

Oh believe me, I have to enter novice. This is the first costume that I have constructed from scratch (or over 70% from scratch anyways XD), I don't have the 2 or even 3 years experience that would let me enter journeyman level at the con I am going to, nor have I won anything more momentous than a Hall Way award...
So yeah, I'm a novice until I feel more secure with my abilities. XD
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #7221
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

Anhelitta: =0 Oh really? I guess things work differently at the con you're going to. Here in Canadaland, we can start wherever we want. =P Won't win prizes if you're in way over your head though, obviously.

Good luck though! Do post lots of pictures afterwards~ ;D Is this convention soon?

Unread 06-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #7222
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

Quote:
Originally Posted by KakeraのTsuki View Post
Anhelitta: =0 Oh really? I guess things work differently at the con you're going to. Here in Canadaland, we can start wherever we want. =P Won't win prizes if you're in way over your head though, obviously.

Good luck though! Do post lots of pictures afterwards~ ;D Is this convention soon?
Yeah, I don't get our rules for entering but oh well...
Convention is this week. xp
Guess who is pulling all nighters to finish it before the contest on Friday evening?
Unread 06-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #7223
kimu
merciful kirin, really ;p

Enjoying the progress pictures and the other costume pictures.

I survived Fanime and Inoli tormenting me as Cain. Somehow....
Sadly due to people's schedules, we didn't have the 13 sugar tea party after the gathering. Hopefully again next year for that.
I don't have many pictures to share from my camera for it, but I'll post them soon and update this post with the link.

As for my costume work, things have come up and I've had to put Empire Abel aside for the past weeks.
I'll get back to work on it soon, but the convention I was going to compete it at--AX--between the mess that con is in and they don't have their Masq registration even opened yet, combined with a need to reallocate vacation days/dollars for something else--not sure where and when I'll compete it.
But I will get it done in the next month or so. More progress pics for me to share when I have something fun to show.

As for categories for competing--based on what you said, Anhelitta, enter the novice, and if they feel they need to move you up a level, they'll do it. Good luck--but more importantly, have FUN!!
kimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #7224
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimu View Post
Enjoying the progress pictures and the other costume pictures.

I survived Fanime and Inoli tormenting me as Cain. Somehow....
Sadly due to people's schedules, we didn't have the 13 sugar tea party after the gathering. Hopefully again next year for that.
I don't have many pictures to share from my camera for it, but I'll post them soon and update this post with the link.

As for my costume work, things have come up and I've had to put Empire Abel aside for the past weeks.
I'll get back to work on it soon, but the convention I was going to compete it at--AX--between the mess that con is in and they don't have their Masq registration even opened yet, combined with a need to reallocate vacation days/dollars for something else--not sure where and when I'll compete it.
But I will get it done in the next month or so. More progress pics for me to share when I have something fun to show.

As for categories for competing--based on what you said, Anhelitta, enter the novice, and if they feel they need to move you up a level, they'll do it. Good luck--but more importantly, have FUN!!
Glad to hear you survived and can't wait to see pictures!

I hope to God they do not bump me up. I am not ready for that level of competition. xp

My armor is God awful and I burned the living daylights out of my hands melting friendly plastic to put on the the wonderflex to give it a rough, well worn armor look. That stuff is heavy and now I have to figure out how to keep it on me. think some clever belts around waist, under arms, and with 2 shoulder straps and some chains should hopefully keep it in place! At least for the contest and its judging...as well as some snaps and probably some velcro if need be...This is going to be one heck of a costume to walk around in!

I seriously will not be getting any sleep at all for the next two days...and neither will my 2 friends who are in the same boat as me. XD

Wish me luck and I'll be hunting down a photographer or 2 to get photoshoots of both my costumes...I want decent photos this year!
Unread 06-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #7225
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

Sooo...I remember why I hate cosplay.com's uploading methods...
Uploaded an image of my Astha cosplay for the icon but it only shows up when I go through cosplay admin...sigh...
Unread 06-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #7226
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

When I'm over at my friend's house this week, I'm going to see if she has any red fabric and I'll make Isaak's armband. I just hope it turns out better than the Rosenkreuz armband I made for said friend when she threw together a quick casual Dietrich at a cosplay party. I made it at 11 at night and everything was done in sharpies and whiteout pen and it was kind of a fail. Really anything would be better than that trainwreck, but I still have to find a way to do the symbols that doesn't involve whiteout pens.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #7227
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhelitta View Post
Sooo...I remember why I hate cosplay.com's uploading methods...
Uploaded an image of my Astha cosplay for the icon but it only shows up when I go through cosplay admin...sigh...
I see the icon! But I agree, coscom's upload system sucks.

Hope you had lots of fun at your con and the competition! Did the armor end up working all right?

Quinn The Spazz: Fabric paint? Or applique, which is what I did for my armband. XD

Unread 06-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #7228
Anhelitta
Insanely Detail Oriented

Quote:
I see the icon! But I agree, coscom's upload system sucks.

Hope you had lots of fun at your con and the competition! Did the armor end up working all right?

Quinn The Spazz: Fabric paint? Or applique, which is what I did for my armband. XD
I am going to try and upload some other images that my friends took...my cosplay may not have been awesome as I was hoping but it garnered me enough compliments to make me think it was a decent attempt.
My armor unfortunately failed. It was way too heavy for me. xp That friendly plastic weighed it down so much that it broke the fastenings I was using to hold the armor onto me. I have plans to remedy it by trying again with another material. I loved the wonderflex though. Friendly plastic was friendly except for when I tried to smooth the stuff out. I need to build my arm muscles apparently. XD
I got good compliments from the judges. They really liked the fact that I hand sewed over 50% of my costume. The con goers loved me and I was really happy when my husband video taped me walking across the stage. I heard someone around him say it was one of the best Trinity Blood cosplays he had seen. lol. I was far from it but that really made my night.
I loved my boots but they hurt something fierce after 8+ hours!
Contacts and wig were fine. Hat was my crowning achievement (no pun intended).
Going to try and do the cosplay the right way one of these days. But first I might attempt another of her outfits and work my way back up to the near impossible ones.
Now I am taking a break from Trinity Blood cosplays and working on Clow Cards. I need to practice my sewing skills!
Unread 06-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #7229
Tohma
~Seguchi Tohma

Ah TB thread..its been years since I saw you last. (Though I still stalk you occasionally cause i love you all and your TB amazingness.)

But anyway, this year I decided to remake my Cain costume and I wore it a couple weeks ago at Animazement. Took home Best Master Craftsmanship after spending a couple weeks before the convention wanting to wad it up into a tiny ball, toss it into a corner, and forget it existed.

So yeah, here are some pics: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/229674/

It was fun to wear Cain again..I'll admit it.

I'm the anime writer for the Charlotte Examimer. Check out my articles!
http://www.examiner.com/x-15939-Char...Anime-Examiner
Tohma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #7230
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Thanks, I'll have to try that. As long as it's not a whiteout pen XD

I think my friend still has the atrocity in a closet somewhere.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote