Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > San Diego Comic Con

Unread 03-15-2005, 01:50 PM   #1
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

LOST Cosplayer Gathering for SDCC 2005

hehehe This is just an idea, but seeing how SDCC is centered mainly on movies, tv, sci-fi & fantasy, I had an idea for a possible cosplay group:

One of my favorite TV shows this year is "LOST" and for those of you who aren't familiar with it, here's the premise: A plane full of passengers travelling from Austrailia to Los Angeles mysteriously crashes on a remote island, and only 48 people survive. The show mainly evolves around 15 principal characters, each one having their own story and during the episode we see flashbacks of what that one character did/used to be before the plane-crash. And, the group discovers they're NOT ALONE.. as there are other "people" on the island, and something BIGGER.. (no, they're not dinosaurs..) It's a great show with characters you love & hate, and it's full of mystery and suspense.

I thought it would be fun to walk around the con in a group as the characters and see if anyone would recognize what we were cosplaying as. No costumes needed, just some raggedy or dirty clothes, maybe some props (bottles of water, books, a stuffed dog, a couple of airsoft guns, etc.) Here's the list of characters needed for the group:

1. Jack (the doctor) 2. Kate (the woman with a past) 3. Sawyer (the criminal/outlaw) 4. Charlie (the former rocker/junkie) 5. Locke (mysterious adventurer) 6. Hurley (big, comic-relief) 7. Sayid (former Iraqi soldier) 8. Boone (Locke's follower) 9. Shannon (Boone's snobby "sister") 10. Jin (Korean, faithful husband) 11. Sun (Jin's wife) 12. Claire (pregnant lady) 13. Michael (caring father) 14. Walt (Michael's son)

Annd.. if someone wanted to cosplay as a polar bear, they're welcome to also. (You have to see the show to ask yourself/know why a polar bear is on a tropical island.. ) If I cosplayed, I would probably cosplay Jin (even though I'm not Korean.. hehe)

Soooo, that's just an idea. If anyone's interested, please reply. Else, I'll see you at the con in July. Oh, and check out the show on ABC if you haven't seen it yet.. realllly good!!

Last edited by Eurobeat King : 03-15-2005 at 01:55 PM.
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-15-2005, 02:12 PM   #2
Rogue Marvel
Pirate Love

hmm...I would really love to do this

If I did this I would be claire (even tho I'm not blond) I am planing on lightening my hair and I have been wanting to do a pregnant cosplay for sometime (I'm really weird)

Maybe if I can make a pregnancy belly I will do this
Unread 03-15-2005, 03:45 PM   #3
CelestialAurora
Midgar Flower Girl

oh, yay! you made the thread! ^^ well, i think i'm probably going to be Kate since my hair is really dark and long like hers. i'll just curl it a little.
CelestialAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2005, 12:14 AM   #4
Scruffy Rebel
Nerfherder

hahahaha, this would be hilarious!!!! So interested in it ^^

I have to wonder though, perhaps instead of trying to be the known 15 characters from the show, like Kate and Sawyer and stuff....why not just wear dirty ragged clothes and the like and be "the other survivors"? I kinda find that more fun, but that's just me. I mean, there are 48 survivors and we only see the same 15 all the time. What about the rest of the survivors?!

This is a great costume group idea though, and the wonderful part about it is that you can make it with whatever old clothes you have lying around!

~Oracle

K.Y.O. Cosplay Member
Scruffy Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote