Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 05-12-2002, 04:47 PM   #1
Legato/Machan
Errare humanum est

Talking Hellows from Brazil!!!!

Hi guys!
I'm Legato, I'm a guy from Brazil.
I've never cosplayed before, but until the end of the year it will change.
I like most of the anime and manga. I love music (any kind). I like anime cards too.
Well I'm not very good in introducing myself and I hpoe I'm not making mistakes in my english.

Wel cya

Legato
Legato/Machan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-12-2002, 04:59 PM   #2
Adella
MalonxLink 4 EVAR11

Welcome to Cosplay.com! Wow someone from Brazil that's so awesome. Were you referred here or just typed it in? Do you come to cons up in the US and Canada?
Unread 05-12-2002, 05:29 PM   #3
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

Hellooo! Welcome welcome! ^___^ *gives Legato a Peppermint Pattie*
I used to collect anime cards! ^^ But it got soooo expensive. Even more expensive than cosplay! XD
Your English is great! You speak English better than some of the Americans I know. XD
Philia Philis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2002, 06:32 PM   #4
MyuMyu
mmm.....pants!

*laugh* thast because most americans dont speak english!! They speak english on the other side of the great big puddle... here, only American *laugh* And Canadian too! =D
MyuMyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2002, 06:44 PM   #5
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

True enough! XD
It is my personal goal to someday be able to speak in a perfect Scottish accent. XD Ya know, the ones where they talk so fast and weird that you can't even tell what the heck they're saying?
Or Cockney English, because it is amusing. XD *watches more Britcoms*

Black Aaadder, Black Aaadder, with many an cunning plaaan.
Black Aaadder, Black Aaadder, you horrid little maaaaan!
Unread 05-12-2002, 07:04 PM   #6
MyuMyu
mmm.....pants!

Oh! scottish accents 'r easy dear. Go to some rennaisance faires and youll pick up on 'em easy 'nuff! *laugh* There's one in Del Mar @ at the fair grounds next weekend if anyone in the San Diego CA area wants to go (ill be working there with my guild ^_^)
Unread 05-12-2002, 07:25 PM   #7
Celine
Remember me?

Hi Legato! It's great to see more cosplayers from outside of the US! Welcome!

Erin- you should definitely go to a Renaissance Fair! I think Scarborough Faire is open right now. If it's still there when I get to Dallas, I am *so* going! It's always a blast. And you could work on your accent (good suggestion). ^_^
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2002, 08:06 PM   #8
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

I definitely want to go to Scarborough Faire! I've been bugging Dad about taking me. ^^ Let's all go together!

I didn't know people talked in accents at them though! Oooooooooh! *_*

*cries at having no accent or costume for Scarborough Faire* Oh well. Maybe by next year, I'll be all Scottish and costumed and fantabulous like MyuMyu. ^__^
Unread 05-12-2002, 08:12 PM   #9
Legato/Machan
Errare humanum est

Thanx people!
Well answering the Aeris question:
I've just typed in. I was looking for sites related to cosplay when I just typed www.cosplay.com, because I thought if the USA and Canada have such a huge population and tha anime and manga made a great hit in both coutry, why not try sites w/ dot com? Than I found this site.
I've been in the Canada (Hamilton, in Mohawk College) once, but I've stayed only a month (I was in my HS program to improve my english). But I intend to get a greem card in Canada or USA, or study, but I would decide between Canada or Japan.
Well, here in Brazil the economical situation isn't good, so it would be impossible for me to go to the conventions there (USA or Canada), unless I get a job here as a magazine's jornalist (for magazines about anime/manga of course).
I hope to get good info around here and make friends on-line.
Thanx to all again and see ya.

Kisses for the girls and hugs for the boys (in the brazilian way)

Legato/Machan
Unread 05-12-2002, 09:33 PM   #10
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

Ah..one must have the knack for the British tongue..many friends of mine have various accents from around the country..Welsh, Mancunian, Liverpudlian, Scottish, Southern (eastend and westend), Devonian/Cornish, Yorkshire....

I am intrigued to know what a Brazilian hug would be too...

Some small info on pandas- Eats, shoots and leaves!
(this is an excellent book btw)
The difference a little punctuation makes!
Nietsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2002, 10:08 PM   #11
MyuMyu
mmm.....pants!

yaay me love Brazilian hugs AND kisses ohohoho XD California hugz 'n' kisses right back ya Legato =D

Philia- Simplicity has many happy costume patterns that are period ^_^ There are also places @! faires that sell costumes - they can be VERY expensive @.@ also, making bodices is hard ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; After trying that once, im resigned to buy them only
Unread 05-12-2002, 10:19 PM   #12
Legato/Machan
Errare humanum est

well, since brazillian are known as a very affectionated people, I thought it would be a problem if I say hugs for the boys, some would understand other things (but I don't have nothing against the homosexual guys, in the North-East of Brazil man kiss other man on the cheek).
I'm just writting to avoid cultural problem.

Well, kisses for the girls and hugs for the guys

Legato/Machan
Unread 05-12-2002, 10:56 PM   #13
RealizeDOP
Lina <3 Eddeh

Wow Brazil! ^^

Yay! Hello Legato! : ) Wow! I hear Anime is so much more popular their now. I used to live in Argentina and visit Brazil many many times, especially to go see the Iguazu falls. I miss it a lot! How is everything their?

-Carolina
Unread 05-12-2002, 11:08 PM   #14
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

Dez:
Ahh, you're so right! *has no knack* I'll never get it. It's so sad. ;_; I love non-American accents. ^^ American accents are so boring.... And not only am I stuck with one, I also have a slight Texan twang thing going on. XD Can't seem to completely get rid of it no matter how hard I try. Sooooo....
Neeeehaw! How ya'll doin'?. *tips her hat* (Umm, it's not THAT bad. XD)
I think I'll just move to the UK so I can listen to everyone else's great accents. XD I had a Sunday School teacher from England, and she had lived here so long that she had formed a strange half-British half-American kind of accent. But umm, anywho, I'm starting to ramble now... ^^;
Biscuits! Yes, I can be the Biscuit Queen, and Tania will not be allowed to punish me for giving out cookies! Umm, biscuits, I mean. Ehehehehe... XD *gives everyone biscuits*

MyuMyu: Oh yes, I used one of Simplicity's patterns as a base for my Philia dress! Worked really well, too! ^^ Unfortunately, I have no time at all to make a dress for Scarborough Faire. *sob* I take FOREVER to sew things. But it will be fun anyway. ^__^

Bwahaha... I'm so weird. I never hug or kiss anyone. I just bake them cookies! Er, I mean, biscuits! XD
Unread 05-12-2002, 11:12 PM   #15
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

RealizeDOP:
Oh! I know who you are! Hello hello! ^^ *gives her a biscuit* You do such great costumes! And your birthday is only a week after mine, so that automatically makes you even more awesome! ^^v