Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Virginia Cosplay Society

Unread 03-19-2005, 10:32 PM   #1
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

Lightbulb Summer Beach Trip

Ok so heres the thread for the whole Beach idea (as made by request of Riji!)
Do you guys want to go to Va beach or another beach like Myrtle Beach, Outer Banks, or any other beach (sorry those are like the three I go to, or something? and when would you guys like to try and go? I know Im already going to be at the beach in July (I think during 4th of July) at Myrtle Beach and I know there are very nice malls and such with lots of space for cosplaying (I was thinking of try to do a gathering for one day while I was there because i saw the space in the new mall there and cosplaying came to mind, yes I am a dork, lol)
so comments people. we need to figure out a place and time for this little get-together! when we decide a time I will post it in the first thread so you wont have to fiddle through a million threads!

Unread 03-19-2005, 11:19 PM   #2
Riji
Everybody Go Go

July does sound like a good time to do it. Gives something to do during the long stretch from AMA to Otakon. However, that is just my opinion. May and June I'm pretty booked.

The location depends on how far people are willing to travel and if they want to go shopping, cosplaying at malls, etc. I personally like the Outer Banks, but haven't been there in a couple years, however there isn't a lot of development to go cosplaying at really.

But then again, we're the VA Cosplay Society, so shouldn't we go somewhere in-state? VA Beach, Eastern Shore, um...*draws a blank*

Ideas?
Unread 03-19-2005, 11:24 PM   #3
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riji
July does sound like a good time to do it. Gives something to do during the long stretch from AMA to Otakon. However, that is just my opinion. May and June I'm pretty booked.

The location depends on how far people are willing to travel and if they want to go shopping, cosplaying at malls, etc. I personally like the Outer Banks, but haven't been there in a couple years, however there isn't a lot of development to go cosplaying at really.

But then again, we're the VA Cosplay Society, so shouldn't we go somewhere in-state? VA Beach, Eastern Shore, um...*draws a blank*

Ideas?
I can say from much experience at the outer banks that there isnt as much to do as more commercial beachs, no real malls or anything like that so we would pretty much be cosplaying at a wings or something, lol. It is however a wonderful beach if you want to go surfing (yeah I said surf and had a beach on the east coast in the same sentence, i know its funny ((you would understand this if you have surfed in Honolulu, lol))) but if we want to cosplay then we might want to pick a more commercial place, thats why i mentioned Va. beach or Myrtle (those are the only other two I could think of) beacause I pretty much drew a blank too!
Unread 03-19-2005, 11:45 PM   #4
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star_Angel
I can say from much experience at the outer banks that there isnt as much to do as more commercial beachs, no real malls or anything like that so we would pretty much be cosplaying at a wings or something, lol. It is however a wonderful beach if you want to go surfing (yeah I said surf and had a beach on the east coast in the same sentence, i know its funny ((you would understand this if you have surfed in Honolulu, lol))) but if we want to cosplay then we might want to pick a more commercial place, thats why i mentioned Va. beach or Myrtle (those are the only other two I could think of) beacause I pretty much drew a blank too!
It would boil down to if we're going there for the beach, or we're going there to cosplay somewhere. For instance, we could cosplay at the beach at Outer Banks, but not really elsewhere there, as you have stated. But why should we travel to a beach only to go to the mall when we can do that around here?

Myrtle's a bit far for me to go. ^^;
Unread 03-20-2005, 07:41 AM   #5
Star_Angel
That Oboe Girl

Quote:
It would boil down to if we're going there for the beach, or we're going there to cosplay somewhere. For instance, we could cosplay at the beach at Outer Banks, but not really elsewhere there, as you have stated. But why should we travel to a beach only to go to the mall when we can do that around here?

Myrtle's a bit far for me to go. ^^;
Yeah I agree on the distance thing. I was just throwing out ideas of where we could go.
Unread 03-20-2005, 03:30 PM   #6
Version-1
th cursed monk

well this is the VCS after all... so it's only appropriate to go to Va beach. i know it's far from the best, but it makes the trip pretty easy for most people.

me:
Version-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2005, 04:36 PM   #7
zekitty
Come along to rainbowland

Hai, I think VA Beach is definately the best idea... I mean, we're VCS, so VA Beach would probably be the ideal spot. XDD Since I live only half an hour from the oceanfront, I don't think I'll have any trouble getting transportation. XDD
San (Princess Mononoke)
Mamimi Samejima (FLCL)
Mika Itoh (Bible Black) -- maybe
Incredibly rainbowy raver

zekitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2005, 05:31 PM   #8
UnwantedKikyo
Gekkoh

Yeah VA beach sounds good to me : / considering thats as far as my mom will let me drive *got in trouble for doing inital D on the road* hahah ^^;;;; And its only like 2 hrs from me. so yeah sounds cool. Anyone want a ride!! ^.^ hahahah.
-Twilight Sparkle
Come see me at the Head Kandi booth!
UnwantedKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2005, 10:32 PM   #9
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwantedKikyo
Yeah VA beach sounds good to me : / considering thats as far as my mom will let me drive *got in trouble for doing inital D on the road* hahah ^^;;;; And its only like 2 hrs from me. so yeah sounds cool. Anyone want a ride!! ^.^ hahahah.
No, you're riding with me. I forbid you to drive.

What would we do for hotels and such for those coming from further away?
Unread 03-21-2005, 06:48 AM   #10
twentystitches
Abusin' the MiracleGrow..

This sounds like a cool idea! I'm up for it if I'm able to get away from work. ^_^

Quote:
See what the moderately priced hotels are down there and have someone organize a couple of rooms for those that will need bedroom space?

Is the meet-up going to be like two days then? Or just one?
twentystitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2005, 02:34 PM   #11
UnwantedKikyo
Gekkoh

Quote:
No, you're riding with me. I forbid you to drive.

LMFAO!!!! ^^; okii <3 sounds good to me!!!

but yeah like i told u last night lizzy-poo we should all get rooms in the same hotel(cheapest x.x *poor*) or get a big ass suite and split it!!! lmfao ^.^
-Twilight Sparkle
Unread 03-21-2005, 03:04 PM   #12
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Quote:
LMFAO!!!! ^^; okii <3 sounds good to me!!!

but yeah like i told u last night lizzy-poo we should all get rooms in the same hotel(cheapest x.x *poor*) or get a big ass suite and split it!!! lmfao ^.^
Big suite would be amusing. If not then we can room with each other spread across a couple rooms, depending on how many go.

There was an oceanfront hotel that my family would stay at that would be pretty cheap spread across 3 or 4 people. The room was pretty big so we could actually fit probably 5 comfortably. The bedroom was a separate room from the living area so co-ed really wouldn't be much of a problem.
Unread 03-21-2005, 03:36 PM   #13
bag0k
Sailor srs &gt;:|

I dunno if I can make it... I'm thinking that maybe I might be able to convince my family to take a weekend getaway to VA beach that just coincidentally happens to be on the same weekend as this... I'm not really too sure. I've never gone anywhere alone, I can't drive, and VA beach is a freakin' 3 hour drive from here! So basically, if I go, I have to get my whole family to go... But on the bright side, we all like the beach and didn't get to go anywhere last summer, so my family might accept the idea of a weekend at the beach. (All depends on the dates, though...)

Bah, we'll see.
Unread 03-22-2005, 02:51 PM   #14
UnwantedKikyo
Gekkoh

Quote:
Big suite would be amusing. If not then we can room with each other spread across a couple rooms, depending on how many go.

There was an oceanfront hotel that my family would stay at that would be pretty cheap spread across 3 or 4 people. The room was pretty big so we could actually fit probably 5 comfortably. The bedroom was a separate room from the living area so co-ed really wouldn't be much of a problem.

yeah that wouldnt be too bad either...I CALL ROOM WITH MY LIZZY-POO!!!!! RAWRRRRRRRRRRR ^.^ now just when would be a good time o.O?
-Twilight Sparkle
Unread 03-22-2005, 04:05 PM   #15
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Quote:
yeah that wouldnt be too bad either...I CALL ROOM WITH MY LIZZY-POO!!!!! RAWRRRRRRRRRRR ^.^ now just when would be a good time o.O?

July would be good for me just because it's after that rush to get stuff done for AMA. Other opinions?