Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 03-26-2005, 11:52 PM   #1
Hikaru_Ayanami
Hikaru_Ayanami

Itachi with puffy clouds.

tell me what you all think. i dont know i just was thinking hummm clouds. shoudent they be puffy looking. any way im going to finish off the rest just like this.

but just wanted to see if any one eles has done this yet or am i the 1st. any way tell me what u think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0292.JPG (97.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0293.JPG (113.9 KB, 0 views)
Hikaru_Ayanami is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-26-2005, 11:56 PM   #2
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

BLURRY PICTURE!!!

Anyway, it's looking pretty good, though the fabric patch seems like it's riding just a bit. You're probably gonna have to sew it down along the edges a little better.

Considering it's just a patch, it's looking rather good. Thus far, everyone else who I've seen do an Itachi has sewn the pattern directly into the coat

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2005, 02:08 AM   #3
Hikaru_Ayanami
Hikaru_Ayanami

cool yeah i take more pics. later when i get more clouds done and yes its just pined on i did not sew it.

but i though of a trick so this can be wasable dont know if any one eles though about it but velcro clouds. i will be velcoring the clods to the cloke so that way i can wash it cus if by change it gets dirty. washing it would make the white pink right cuz of the red. so i came up with the velcor idea.
Unread 03-27-2005, 08:38 PM   #4
DeadLegato
Homicidal Perky Goth

Is the cloud stuffed? If not, you might want to attempt ironing it. Whether the red will run and turn the white pink depends on how colorfast the fabric you used to make it is.

Also, kind of as a gentle critique not of your costume but of your forum ettiquette, please take time to spell-check your posts.
DeadLegato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2005, 09:32 PM   #5
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Interesting idea! I've personally never seen that before.

As for the pink-white fabric, if you prewash your fabric with vinegar or salt it will help the colors set. Prewashing is always a good idea, especially if you plan on washing it at a later date (like the cloak). This way, if it shrinks, it's done with, and it helps keep the colors from rubbing off.

Velcro should work, but you'd need a lot to get all around all the edges so that the cloud stayed put. Perhaps using snap tape might work better? I've never tried it before, but it might work.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2005, 09:35 PM   #6
Tia

Snap tape is okay, but it frays like a beeyotch. Probably best off going with velcro. Just try not to abuse it too much, as velcro gets weaker from general use and abuse over time. Edgestitch on both sides of the velcro when you attach it, and where the two edges meet at the end, sew them together with a box. It's more stable that way.
Unread 03-28-2005, 01:18 AM   #7
Hikaru_Ayanami
Hikaru_Ayanami

ic umm yeah i stuffed the clouds. i dont know just wanted to try somthing that i have not seen yet. dont know if any one eles has done a stuffed clouds for itachi but i am.
Unread 04-14-2005, 12:03 PM   #8
Hikaru_Ayanami
Hikaru_Ayanami

new pics. and before u ask yes the clouds are just pined on i just wanted to see how they look and i yes there is one missing on the ehh right side. and i was thinking to just sew them on instead of my velrow idea maybe i do to the small ones in front velcrow. but other then that i think it would look to much lik i just pined it up. but any way here some other pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (130.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (179.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (105.5 KB, 0 views)