Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Saboten Con

Unread 03-27-2005, 03:20 AM   #1
Gainax Boy
Master of Ceremonies ^_^

Share your con memories

Hi guys! Wow.. what a great time we all had at Anizona huh? ^_^

I'm so glad I was able to meet everyone and get to know so many new people.

So as Anizona's resident Ghetto Fabulous Cosplay Award Winner, I'd like to open up a topic to share our memories of Arizona's first anime convention. ^_^

Oh, and just so you know.. I'm typing this in the Embassy Suites lobby at about 2:20am on my laptop while in costume. FUN!!!

"Smile Often, feelings are Contagious"
AIM @ Dreamer81382

It's not easy being SNAPE

Last edited by Gainax Boy : 03-29-2005 at 02:50 PM.
Gainax Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-27-2005, 03:23 PM   #2
Cyrus Gigelph
Brain Child-ParentUnknown

ya this alex, but most of you know me as Fan Boy! well i still have no pics on this site. if you could pm me some that you took, that would be much appreciated.BTW i will be up for sale again at the next anizona, come and buy me. much love
People born in the Year of the Dragon are healthy, energetic, excitable, short-tempered, and stubborn. They are also honest, sensitive, brave, and they inspire confidence and trust. Dragon people are the most eccentric of any in the eastern zodiac. Those born under the sign are considered intelligent, gifted, bossy, loud, garish, and unfaithful, but also popular and successful, full of vitality and enthusiasm. They usually look stubborn on outside, softhearted inside though.
Cyrus Gigelph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2005, 06:48 PM   #3
GT Ranma
Moo mo moo mo.

*rubs head* Hrm, my fav memory? Prolly the after Sushi Disaster Drunk party ^^;; Well, both nights of drunken marryment was quite entertaining really . . .
Unread 03-27-2005, 08:23 PM   #4
goldtogepi

well, the second day on saturday, this girl asked for a picture, ok sure..she liked jumped on me and hugged me it was nice yeah i wont diss-it, but kinda surprising, also at the FMA Pannel "I LOVE DOGS!"
goldtogepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2005, 08:39 PM   #5
ANoM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Ranma
*rubs head* Hrm, my fav memory? Prolly the after Sushi Disaster Drunk party ^^;; Well, both nights of drunken marryment was quite entertaining really . . .
Heh, fun tymes. I had to skip out early (late) on Saturday night though, sorry I had to miss it XP
Unread 03-27-2005, 09:25 PM   #6
Jinx
Making a Comeback?

I was gonna mention the sushi thing, too. LOL, but Frank did a fantastic job in the first place!!

I skipped out early a lot too, I had to take full advantage of requesting that whole weekend off of work.

I really did enjoy meeting new people!!

Unread 03-27-2005, 09:39 PM   #7
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Jinx: Thanks for taking me to the Taco Bell to get some much-needed food Friday afternoon! *hug* I hope you like the pic I took of you as Rinoa driving! Oh, did you ever return (in costume) on Saturday? After taking the GoGo photoshoot I didn't see you again the rest of the afternoon/evening.. I was hoping to see you in one more costume..
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2005, 09:44 PM   #8
Jinx
Making a Comeback?

Al: I saw it and I loved it! I look so goofy, lol!

I didn't return on Saturday, I was all talk this con and so disappointed in myself!! I didn't come back Sunday either.. so I will just have to bring Honey to AX and totally kick ass in it there, lol.

I'm glad I could help you out on Friday! XD

Unread 03-28-2005, 12:06 AM   #9
Tenucha
☣Biohazard Redfield

My memory will probebly be all the great costumes and friends I made.

And the fact that I was hardley "Cosplaying" and I SOMEHOW attracted a full army of fan girls... despite the fact my girlfriend was always with me o_@

(I was the "Dark" Vash or Neo Vash... of the guy that looke dlike Vash wearing a Matrix coat... *shrugs*)

And who can forget Gainax lipsyncing the chorus to the Mighty Mouse theme?
:~: Gene Starwind (Outlaw Star)

"Tenucha Cosplay" Public Facebook Profile
http://www.myspace.com/tenucha
ANIME EXPO 2010 PICTURES are ALMOST ALL ONLINE!
The rest of Day 4 to be uploaded soon

Last edited by Tenucha : 03-28-2005 at 12:09 AM.
Tenucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2005, 12:34 AM   #10
Inanna

I was kind of surprised at how many cosplayers there were. The only other con I've been to has been AX, where I'd say the cosplayer to non-cosplayer ratio is about 1 to 4 or greater, whereas here it seemed an easy 50-50. Makes me hopeful for other possible cosplay get togethers here in Arizona.

Inanna
Inanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2005, 03:22 PM   #11
sunako
practicin' the micro.

*stops lurking and posts*

The con was definately something else, to say the least. It was super awesome to meet a bunch of people who I've seen before and never said anything to XD

Oh yeah, I was the cactuar no one recognized until I did the pose Our group was super fluffy and I think people liked it, so I'm glad I designed them after all!
sunako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2005, 04:16 PM   #12
Gainax Boy
Master of Ceremonies ^_^

Cactuar-Lady!! *Hugs* ^__^

Nice to have you here. I loved your guys' costumes. Kudos to all 4 of you ^_^

"Smile Often, feelings are Contagious"
AIM @ Dreamer81382

It's not easy being SNAPE
Gainax Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2005, 06:17 PM   #13
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m

I just wanted to say that this was a wonderful little con. It was like a vacation. Everything was so well-organized and laid back. There werent masses of screaming fangirls and the general air was pretty mature. Meeting Amano was also a great experience! Though I still feel like an ass for coming into the panel late ._. I think this is *the* nicest hotel I have ever attended a convention at. I give major props to all of the staff and organizers for pulling this event off. I will almost definitely be going again next year.
Maryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2005, 09:57 PM   #14
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Maryssa: I think it was actually a treat for Amano-san when you & Nessa came in late for his panel, as I'm sure he didn't expect to see people cosplay as FF characters in his style at the con, let alone to see Terra & Gau walk down the aisle and sit in the front row!! Plus beforehand, when someone asked him who his favorite character in FF was, he replied "Tina" (Terra) So I'm sure he was happy to see someone cosplay his favorite character.
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2005, 11:49 PM   #15
Mistress09
1 <3 bugs!

This con was great! For those of you who may not recognize me, I was the Medusa that stood in the same place for a few hours. I enjoyed meeting new people and the general atmosphere was friendly. I had many people just come up to me and starting chatting with me, it was lots of fun.

And yes, who can forget Gainax Boy's hilarious skit! Thanks to everyone who talked to me and kept me company. You've all made this experience a very memorable one.

Also, a huge big thanks to the con staff as well, they were very accomodating when Honey Bunny and I hosted our "Girl Gamers Unite" and "Yaoi Explosion" panels.