Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Unread 07-14-2002, 01:09 AM   #1
Lady Somairot
scandalicious

and the winners were....

just a curious question... (what song is that from??? i can hear just that line in my head, dammit!)

whooooo were the winners of the fun cosplay/masq competitions at AX? i was just curious...

marklar. ^_~
Lady Somairot is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-14-2002, 01:10 AM   #2
Lady Somairot
scandalicious

oh yeah.. i mean the actual people, not just the beautiful piccies. ^_~
Unread 07-14-2002, 01:29 AM   #3
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

My memory's not that fantastic, so about all I can tell you is I know (well just met) the guy who won a judge's award for craftsmanship - the guy dressed as Alucard from Hellsing. That was his first cosplay, and he did it all himself. If I were a suspicious person I would have thought he was lying, but I'm not, and he wasn't, anyway. Lovely work, and I'd add that he was carrying partially metal guns around the whole con while wearing a full-length 100% wool coat. He swore he wasn't hot . . . oO;;;
Unread 07-15-2002, 12:23 PM   #4
Celine
Remember me?

Who the winners really were... that's an excellent question. I believe you can get all the info from this message: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cosp/message/45432 except the Stichin' Babes, who got honorable mention for presentation.

And the Hellsing guy was super cool! I was impressed by the fact that he was so new to the whole cosplay thing!He was just in front of me during the masquerade (yikes to following a winning act ^^; ) and he was great to talk to for all those long backstage hours! XD
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2002, 05:12 PM   #5
AngelJibrille
PMX Cosplay Mistress

Winners :D

I posted all the winners on the AX site:

http://www.anime-expo.org/

It also lists the entry numbers so if you have a Masquerade video you can figure out which ones they were. Just remember that entry 1 was the Delano High School Ensemble, and entry 2 was the Para Para dancing (with the movie) by Anime Jungle. Entries 3 - 52 were competing entries, and entry 53 was a special presentation.

I'm working on a big old AX Masquerade Aftermath site right now, but I'm also really busy with AXNY so it may not be done for a few weeks. At least the winners are up

Congrats to everyone, you were great
Marisa
AX2002 Special Events Coordinator
AngelJibrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2002, 05:17 PM   #6
Lady Somairot
scandalicious

thanks!! ^_~
Unread 07-15-2002, 05:21 PM   #7
Lady Somairot
scandalicious

*shakes head* i couldn't find them!!!!! *pout pout*

(
Unread 07-15-2002, 07:29 PM   #8
AngelJibrille
PMX Cosplay Mistress

Really? They are on the left side of the main page ^_^;;

It says "AX2002 Masquerade Awards" ...

Here they are just in case:

AX2002 Masquerade Awards:
Best of Show, Costume Construction, Individual:
Entry 9, Blair Heald as "BGC Combat Boomer" from Bubblegum Crisis.

Best of Show, Costume Construction, Group:
Entry 21, Acme Boyz Cosplay All characters from "Final Fantasy X." Dragoon Knight as "Tidus", Hiromi Iyoda as "Lulu", Lars Hansen as "Wakka", Kjel Hansen as "Jecht", Hai Pham as "Auron", Melanie Arayama as "Rikku", Vanessa Rigby as "Yuna", Youssef Hassanein as "Kimahri", and King Bob as "Yojimbo"

Honorable Mention, Costume Construction, Individual:
Entry 21, King Bob as "Yojimbo" from Final Fantasy X
and Entry 3, Aimee Major as "Shiva" from Final Fantasy X and Entry 11, Alexis Quental as "Sailor Tin Nyanko" from Sailormoon

Honorable Mention, Costume Construction, Group:
Entry 40, Sakura Mochi All characters from "Harukanaru Toki no Naka De." Jenny Newman as "Shirin", Thea Teufel as "Fujihime", Gretchen Wilburn as "Shimon", Gina Turrini as "Akuram", Diana lebeda as "Yasuaki", Stella as "Akane", Natalie as "Inori", and Kane Dijkman as "Tomomasa."

Tristen Citrine's Judge's Award:
Entry 51, Anything Goes School of Masquerade Arts All characters from "Escaflowne." Wayne Kaa as "Dilandau", Henry Lee as "Van", Kelly Chimino as "Millerna", Hichan as "Sora", Lily Gruenke as "Eriya", Kie Gruenke as "Nariya", Annie Kim as "Hitomi", and Matt Sanchez as "Folken."

Melissa Quinn's Judge's Award:
Entry 20, AKG. All characters from "Fruits Basket." Phi as "Souma Yuki", Kix as "Hana-chan", Mirae Cha as "Souma Kagura", Heidi as "Honda Tooru", Pekkle as "Souma Kyo", Kevin Cheng as "Souma Hatori", Hitomi as "Uotani Arisa", and Lisa as "Souma Ayame."

Darryl Hwang and Kimberly Lim's Judge's Award:
Entry 43, Hellsing, Alucard by Jay Campbell.

Best of Show, 12 & Under:
Entry 5, Mini Magical Girls All characters from "Sailormoon SuperS." Sara Oromchi as "Ves Ves", Saeko Setoguchi as "Palla Palla", Miku Nagato as "Cere Cere", and Diana Pawell as "Jun Jun."

Best of Show, Presentation:
Entry 38, Fake Meat All characters from "Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust." Noh Bunny as "Layla", Nadine Dodd as "D", Theresa Kamphuis as "Charlotte", Aimee as "Carmilla", Leo as "Caroline", and Jenny as "Meier Link."

Honorable Mention, Presentation:
Entry 33, Stitchin' Babes Cosplay All characters from "Gundam Wing." Judy Grivich as "Relena Peacecraft" and Kelly Bolton as "Lucrezia Noin."

~marisa~
AngelJibrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2002, 04:19 AM   #9
Yuna
Nessa
A frakin' Mod

ACK!!! I wish they didn't use my full *real* name!!! O_O;;;;

::dies::
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2002, 12:09 AM   #10
Xyque

----------------------------------------
I can tell you is I know (well just met) the guy who won a judge's award for craftsmanship - the guy dressed as Alucard from Hellsing.
----------------------------------------

heh, Thank you for your kind words, but I would like to point out that My award was not for my costumes craftmanship, it was for best individual presenation, there were many far better constucted costumes that mine, in my opinion, Celines being one of them. and Celine, you were awesome to talk to backstage as well, your dress was gorgeous
Xyque is offline   Reply With Quote