Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Archives > Candy Hearts Cosplay Picnic

Unread 03-11-2004, 12:21 PM   #1
Cherry

Lightbulb Candy Hearts Cosplay Picnic 2 : After Party!

Identify yourself! Who were you at the picnic? Got some shout outs to make?

Also ... what do you think could have been improved at the picnic? Have some ideas for the next picnic? Post those too.

I'm Candice. (Cherry or Candy. ), and I started le picnic last year. It was a blast. I was Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid.

I think a bunch of things could have been improved. I wasn't feeling amazingly well at the picnic from not sleeping the prior night. I wasn't as witty as I usually am at Cosplay, so that kinda sucked...

I have a bunch of new ideas, but I am eager to hear everyone else's.

Unread 03-12-2004, 12:17 PM   #2
Scortia

*dances* I'm Scortia but prefer to just be called "Gret" (short for Gretchen)... but you can't kill long-term online nicknames can you? ;p Ummm I was bunny Ryuichi from Gravitation for a while (until I got tired of seeing mud all over my slippers... everywhere ... ;-;) and then my ghetto-fast Juri costume from Utena... yeah... er I'm the one who had to tear of Utena's rose despite all our dueling skill... my important lesson from this was that jokes made about stuff towards the end a non-American televised series will be totally missed. ^^;; Poor Chris, I doubt anyone even knew who Ruka was. ^^;;;;;;;;

For next picnic, it'd be fun to have a sleepover somewhere... yeah I know it's likely impossible but darnit that was a long drive... and overnight entertainment is entertaining. ^^;; I have to say the prizes... "amused" me... I just like to say I have a Gundam with 'bling bling'. I don't have anything to do with a Gundam, but he's so gold that he's lovingly pimp-a-licious. ^^;;

My Shoutout is for all you Texas folks... it must rock to have a colony of good cosplayers out there... our LA crew feels sort of small and spread out. ;-; everyone is like connected and good friends... makes me all "hanyaaaaaaaaaaaan" to think about it. ^^
Unread 03-12-2004, 01:50 PM   #3
kawada_shougo5
highspot

Hey, this is chris (neko-san, Alan Cumming?). I was Ruka with the Juunishi group... the guy with two colored blue hair. Yeah, I don't think anyone recognized Ruka either, someone came up to me and said "Oh I love your character! Miki's my favorite!" or something like that. I was all like "Uh, no. That's Miki over there, the really tall guy with blue hair." It was still cool though. I had a great time! Thanks for all of your work, Candice!

Suggestions for the next CH, hmmm... brain... not... working... I'll think up something later.

Just wanted to give props to, well, everyone! And I loved Katherine's Storm! Yay, I'm all excited about X-men!
kawada_shougo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2004, 09:49 PM   #4
Ryo-sama
hmmmm.... donuts...

Oissu! uh.. Ryo-sama here... wheee! I was Link from Legend of Zelda...

Hmm.. ideas for the picnic... uh.. my brains not working either... hmmm... maybe some plastic forks?? uh.. nevermind... I had fun at the picnic!! *dances around*
Ryo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2004, 01:37 PM   #5
kyandi-chan
Magical Girl K

I was Purincesu Zeruda Hyrule at the picnic. *bows* I think that some improvements could be made to the picnic setting with a lil' bit of help from some people! First of all, more involved programming! This means, music playing over the PA system, games, more photo taking action and lots of...

FANSERVICE *hides* ...

okay okay okay. no fanservice, but we need more extremely large forks! and more kuja!
kyandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2004, 03:15 PM   #6
ayanamilisa

I was little theif rikku
i was so happy to win something..i really did not
expect that at all but boy did i enjoy it. I luv rikku and
am currently considering a much harder costume. I dont know how I'll do it but that
goes the same for this costume so whateva. I know i can do it.
Since my bf will likely never post here he was Genjo Sanzo
the poor guy was working on the thing at like two in the am.
That is what you get for not being prepared. *wink* He one
the newbie award which rules. he did an awsome job especially
for never having sewed before.

I had an even better time than i anticipated and that is saying a lot. My shout out goes out to candice for answering all my nuerotic date questions. Sorry i bugged you but i had a lot of people to answer to, which applies to the current situation in which i continue to bug you. Anyhoo...i really loved being there and i'm glad most of you could come to Asian City. See you all next time

lisa
ayanamilisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2004, 01:06 AM   #7
shin kurenai

i was wearing the yuki costume at the beginning of the picnic and then iori at the end of it

suggestions : keep me off stage lol` :3

first time i've ever been on a stage :3 i doubt i'd get on one at a con though~

other suggestions:
bbq
pizza
(more) cookies
ramen
beer

^_______^ it was a really fun picnic though. i hope someday people in dallas can try to have something like it~

i dont have any pictures of me wearing the borrowed yuki costume~ i liked it though!

BILL COSBY BIT TORRENTs !!!!
shin kurenai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2004, 09:12 AM   #8
ayanamilisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shin kurenai
^_______^ it was a really fun picnic though. i hope someday people in dallas can try to have something like it~
Iori come to our thing next friday!
also go to the asian heritage festival its going to be
awsome
ayanamilisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2004, 10:04 AM   #9
Scortia

Shin Kurenai: *waves* whoot, Catbread right? :P this is yet another person who was in Anne's apartment the night before CH. ^^;; Just saying... nooo Cosby Torrents!

Last edited by Scortia : 03-19-2004 at 10:39 AM.
Unread 03-19-2004, 10:08 AM   #10
shin kurenai

o i kno who u is~ ^___^

gumbo cosplay krew~

are there any more pictures from the picnic other than the fine gallery at cosplay.digitalcelsius.com ?

i left my battery charger at ayn's ;_; ill have to get it next time im driving to houston~

lisa : i should be able to make it~ x_x; ugh. spring break has been over for a week and im already kicking and screaming when it comes to schoolwork ;_;
Unread 03-19-2004, 10:40 AM   #11
Scortia

http://exit3.i-55.com/~krazykemist/C...ndyhearts.html here are some of Volksen's
Unread 03-24-2004, 10:33 AM   #12
shin kurenai

does anyone have any pictures of the group shots?

or just me in the background wearing the yuki costume?

i dont have any pictures of it ;_;

booo~!
Unread 03-26-2004, 10:51 AM   #13
kawada_shougo5
highspot

Yeah, what about that big group shot of everyone when we all stood on the steps? There were about twenty different cameras used so I know someone must have it somewhere.
kawada_shougo5 is offline   Reply With Quote