Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Silent Hill

Unread 03-29-2005, 08:52 PM   #1
Kirie

Heather SH3 - Vest Help ^^;

Hello, I am new to cosplaying, and couple use a little help. For the rest of my outfit, I think I will be fine.... except for the vest. It is white, with a hood on the back, and four pockets on the front. I can't find any in any store, that really look like it, so I've decided to make it myself.

But the problem is I'm not sure how to start, what materials to use, how I could go about making the pockets... etc. I'm sorry to be such a pest, but any ideas or thoughts would be a great help! ^___^;;;

image of the vest is here~

Thank you everyone for your time! Any help is greatly apperciated.

And I apologize if this doesn't really make sense, I'm not sure how to explain it otherwise. You can tell I'm new at this.... ^^;
Kirie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-30-2005, 10:40 AM   #2
Ononoke
BAM Style

I havent played much of the Resident Evil games, so I'm not exactly sure of the motion/flexability of her vest. I suggest either a denim-like fabric, or something a little light weight that you can layer like polyester or cottons blends.

As for constructing it, they sell vest/coat patterns in fabric and craft stores that I'm sure you can alter.
Unread 03-30-2005, 12:19 PM   #3
R1KKu

Surprisingly, my friend found a vest in some store at the mall, and its almost perfect for it, although I dont recall it having all 4 pockets in the front. Its a store called Rave; I dont know if they have locations in other states, but they might have a website. You could try Ebay, or if you have any thrift stores near you, it doesnt hurt to look. Like Ononoke mentioned, you could always make your own vest since they do have patterns. Id say go with a polyester material, something with a little shine, but not too thin. Most of the vests I own are either polyester, polyurethane (dunno if you can get that at a fabric store, but its a good choice) or faux fur.

Good Luck!
R1KKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2005, 12:14 AM   #4
Una
'The Fool' card

What a coincidence! Im looking for that exact vest... I can make it, but am in need of lots of advice. >.<;
Someone, care, please?!
_unA
Unread 04-05-2005, 11:59 PM   #5
Aya Brea X
Rockman Fan

I found a white vest very much like it (though no pockets in front... i think I'll live w/o them unless I manage to figure out how to sew) from New York and Company. Though that was... last June. Good luck!
Aya Brea X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2007, 03:52 PM   #6
Catsiy15
Rude and not ginger

I recently made my Heahter vest and It came out perfect. I really Recommend you make the vest, as I have not seen a good 'bought' heather. I bought white fleece and a white swishy-type material. I made the fleece the ‘lining’ to make the vest poofy. It has 3 panels to it, back, and two front sides. I made the pattern, but a basic one with 3 panels should work. And you can buy a basic hood pattern. :3

pic here--> http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1171853

Only problem is that the pic makes it so you can't see the pockets very well. D:

Last edited by Catsiy15 : 07-15-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Catsiy15 is offline   Reply With Quote