Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-14-2002, 01:51 AM   #1
OneWinged09

Question Fishnet/ mesh wife beaters.

anyone know where to buyt them? I have been searching forever but with no luck. they are what he's wearing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chip-stand.jpg (20.5 KB, 31 views)

Unread 07-14-2002, 10:31 AM   #2
Lady_Sephiroth
Lady of Avalon

Hmmm. I know they make them I remember seeing some kids when I taught wearing them, the goth kids. Have you looked on E-Bay?

I would also suggest some place like Hot Topic or other store that caters to the "alternative" types -- they always have bizzare stuff like that.
Lady_Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2002, 11:40 AM   #3
Scoti
Lv. 99

well what you could do is only buy or make some of the fishnet material for around the chest and rib area and stitch it into the black vest so it looks like you have a separate fishnet shirt under it..
Unread 07-14-2002, 04:24 PM   #4
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

They sell fishnet shirts at Hot Topic, but the weave is the wrong size for Chipp. The mesh is really close together and small, like traditional fishnet stockings. What I did when I made a Chipp costume for my boyfriend was buy a pair of fishnet stockings that had the right pattern, (big holes, more of a fence-type weave) and then went old-school goth on them and cut them up to turn them into a fishnet shirt.

You cut a small hole in the 'crotch' of the tights for your head to go through, (Start small, and you can always cut it bigger if you have to, but remember how MUCH fishnets stretch) and put your arms into the legs of the stockings, so that now it's like a shirt. Then it's easiest to have a friend cut the legs off to the length that you want them. And, because fishnet is so stretchy, the rest of the fishnet tights will probably go down to close to your bellybutton. If you do it right, it looks spiffy, and is much easier than trying to make or sew them yourself. You don't have to worry about them running or coming apart or anything either, because it's fishnet. Just make the cuts, and you're done.

The hard part will be finding tights with the right pattern ^-~ But yes, I got mine at Hot Topic. If they're out of stock, or yours dosn't carry them, maybe try some other alternative shop.
Unread 07-15-2002, 03:52 PM   #5
WaywardKitten

Try this link....

They have bodysuits with a slightly larger pothole fishnet design. They have sleeves, but you could probably cut them off. Just go through the main page to "clothing", then to "fishnet and webs", and the one I'm talking about is down at the very bottom of the page. Not entirely sure if this is what you're looking for, but it was the closest I could find.http://www.spookyboutique.com
WaywardKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2002, 01:18 AM   #6
OneWinged09

gracias. ^_^.... now hopefully I can put 2 and 2 together and get a good looking product. ^_^;