Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Saboten Con

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-02-2005, 12:28 PM   #1
Tenucha
☣Biohazard Redfield
 
Tenucha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,943
Who Are the Winners of the Masquerade?

We left early during the masquerade.
It ran on to long due to delays that we needed to leave for food before our shifts came up for our volenteer time.

I have heard so many different people who won the masquerade that I'm wondering what catagories where there and who won each.

Thanks!
__________________
New Cosplay Planned for: Saboten-Con 2010
:~: Alucard (Hellsing Ultimate)
:~: Ellis (Left 4 Dead 2)
:~: Gene Starwind (Outlaw Star)

"Tenucha Cosplay" Public Facebook Profile
http://www.myspace.com/tenucha
ANIME EXPO 2010 PICTURES are ALMOST ALL ONLINE!
The rest of Day 4 to be uploaded soon
Tenucha is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 04-03-2005, 06:20 PM   #2
mrhomiec
Registered User
 
mrhomiec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 74
this is what's posted on the Anizona forums
Best in Show/Performance: Travis and Ariana
Best Craftsmanship: Amanda Hosler as Kirara
1st place: Marissa Scripracha or Mistress09
2nd Place: Whitney Grant as Galliant Beast Vincent
3rd Place: Chi as Lucifer
Katie Bair's award (I'll have to get back to you on persons name >.<)
Randall and Southwestern Costume Guild's award: Micheal Griffith
THEM anime Reviews award: Gainax Boy
Kyo's award: Hunny Bunny as Black Rose from DotHack
__________________
Photo Gallery

Hobbyists Paradise
mrhomiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2005, 06:25 PM   #3
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 10,985
My friend Heather (H-chan) won Katie Blair's award for her Fuu costume from Samurai Champloo:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=304246

*clap clap*
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2005, 07:38 PM   #4
Gainax Boy
Master of Ceremonies ^_^
 
Gainax Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,113
THEM Anime Reviews Award?

I thought it was the Ghetto-Fabulous Award for Cosplay Performance?
__________________
Just Be Yourself, Live Life how you like, and let Fate take care of the rest. - My Motto

"Smile Often, feelings are Contagious"
AIM @ Dreamer81382



It's not easy being SNAPE
Gainax Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2005, 04:00 AM   #5
Mistress09
1 <3 bugs!
 
Mistress09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhomiec
this is what's posted on the Anizona forums
Best in Show/Performance: Travis and Ariana
Best Craftsmanship: Amanda Hosler as Kirara
1st place: Marissa Scripracha or Mistress09
2nd Place: Whitney Grant as Galliant Beast Vincent
3rd Place: Chi as Lucifer
Katie Bair's award (I'll have to get back to you on persons name >.<)
Randall and Southwestern Costume Guild's award: Micheal Griffith
THEM anime Reviews award: Gainax Boy
Kyo's award: Hunny Bunny as Black Rose from DotHack
Actually it should be: Marisa Sripracha/Mistress09 as Medusa from Petshop of Horrors

When I was called up, they annouced "1st Place" but the award I got is inscribed, "Best Performance - 1st Place". Yeah, Im still confused.
__________________
I take my own unconventional path from B to A.
Mistress09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2005, 07:49 PM   #6
Tenucha
☣Biohazard Redfield
 
Tenucha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress09
Actually it should be: Marisa Sripracha/Mistress09 as Medusa from Petshop of Horrors

When I was called up, they annouced "1st Place" but the award I got is inscribed, "Best Performance - 1st Place". Yeah, Im still confused.
OH you are the Medusa?!
That cosplay was awesome! But I'm sure you dont need mee to tell you that :P

I dunno.. the way most of that con was run, that confusion you are suffering frm just seems... ...right. o_0
Like... they had there stuff together enough to hold the convention, but there were so many communication and technical flaws througout the weekend that it just doesn't strick me as odd that you are confused over your place in the awards! ^_^

Congrats non the less!!
__________________
New Cosplay Planned for: Saboten-Con 2010
:~: Alucard (Hellsing Ultimate)
:~: Ellis (Left 4 Dead 2)
:~: Gene Starwind (Outlaw Star)

"Tenucha Cosplay" Public Facebook Profile
http://www.myspace.com/tenucha
ANIME EXPO 2010 PICTURES are ALMOST ALL ONLINE!
The rest of Day 4 to be uploaded soon
Tenucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2005, 01:12 AM   #7
Chibi Ice Wolf
Dead Account
 
Chibi Ice Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,234
Complete list of winners:

Best in Show/Performance: Travis and Ariana (Aave) as Gogo and Celes from Final Fantasy VI
Best Craftsmanship: Amanda Hosler as Kirara
1st Place: Mistress09 as Medusa from PetShop of Horrors
2nd Place: Whitney Grant as Galliant Beast Vincent from Final Fantasy VII
3rd Place: Chi (Ch!) as Lucifer from Angel Sanctuary
Katie Bair's Award: H-chan as Fuu from Samurai Champloo
Randall's (Southwest Costumers Guild) Award for Special Effects: Michael Griffith (tasogrenotensh) as Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist
THEM anime Reviews Award for being ghettotastic, I mean performance XD: Gainax Boy
Kyo's Award: Honey Bunny as Black Rose from .hack

Two of my buddies won awards X3 I'm so prouda them!! <3
__________________
Cosplay Journal

ARIZONA HOBBYISTS PARADISE
Arizona-based community featuring anime, gaming, cosplay, fashion, art, BJDs and more!

Upcoming Cosplay: Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter), Chii (Tsubasa), Ai Kago (W), Sweets Lolita (Original)

Next up: Izumicon!
Chibi Ice Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2005, 11:16 AM   #8
layerD
Registered User
 
layerD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Ice Wolf
Complete list of winners:

Best in Show/Performance: Travis and Ariana (Aave) as Gogo and Celes from Final Fantasy VI
Best Craftsmanship: Amanda Hosler as Kirara
1st Place: Mistress09 as Medusa from PetShop of Horrors
2nd Place: Whitney Grant as Galliant Beast Vincent from Final Fantasy VII
3rd Place: Chi (Ch!) as Lucifer from Angel Sanctuary
Katie Bair's Award: H-chan as Fuu from Samurai Champloo
Randall's (Southwest Costumers Guild) Award for Special Effects: Michael Griffith (tasogrenotensh) as Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist
THEM anime Reviews Award for being ghettotastic, I mean performance XD: Gainax Boy
Kyo's Award: Honey Bunny as Black Rose from .hack

Two of my buddies won awards X3 I'm so prouda them!! <3
Yay, for Ch! ^^ That was an amazing costume ^^
layerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.