Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread Yesterday, 09:54 AM   #1
CosXcos

Armor suits

Hi,

Im a big fan of any kind of full body armor.. regardless if original is a metal suit, knight like armor, leather armor, carbon armor and so on..
im very interested in making a complete full body armor.. my question is how do u fix them at ur body.. example to let u know what i mean (i dont wanna do that cosplay) is iron man.
if u see ppl doing great suits made of either fibre glas, foam or anything else.. regardless from which direction u look i dont get it how all the parts stay at place.. u cant use belts i think cause at the time u tighten ur front chest at ur body and after that u try do the same for the back u would have the belt above the chestplateor at least a gap at each body side which u would need to tighten the belt.. at a lot of full armors u dont see any kind of belts or anything else.. and cause i wanna be prepared before i start i need to know how to do this (especially for very very thin body armor (which should imitate a cyborg for example or a man with a bionic arm.. so that no large pieces are on top of my skin like an iron man suit or a knight breastplate which would ruin the illusion of bionic body parts)

sry for bad english and i hope some pros may answer these questions
CosXcos is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread Yesterday, 05:28 PM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

The reason you don't see any belts or anything may be becasue there simply aren't any. There are too many way to attch armor to even start explaining it. If you look up tutorials for full body armor suits, they SHOULD tell you how to wear them..I mean that's kinda the point in making it, they have to tell you what to add to it in order to put it on, so any good tutorial should already answer this question.

Like, let's say it's held on by velcro..
The tutorial will tell you were to add the velcro in order to keep it attached to you.
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts II)
-Cloud (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Chandelure (Pokemon)
-Akaito (Vocaloid)
-Spirit (Soul Eater)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote