Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 01-10-2003, 02:53 PM   #1
Kanshou

Lightbulb Ideas for a costume...

I'm trying to think up something to go to the San Diego Comi-con as - and having about 7 months still, I have some time - but I keep comin up blank. Any ideas would be really appreciated! Preferably a tall character, because at 6'2" 190 lbs, I don't think being a short character would work to well ^_^.
Kanshou is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-10-2003, 04:00 PM   #2
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

Heheh you could always be a short character just to trip people out. Or maybe that's just my weird sense of humor . . . well, my advice when people are struggling (cause it was given to me) is to sit down and make a list of series that you've enjoyed. Doesn't even have to be your faves, just stuff you thought was cool. Then you go through it and do a mental rundown of the characters, see if anybody crops up.

If you're still stumped, try throwing a (bigger ^^) pic at us; maybe we can help you brainstorm.
Unread 01-10-2003, 05:02 PM   #3
Kanshou

Well, I already spent the better portion of last night doing what you suggested A larger pic of me is located at http://www.storshun.com/images/fullpicofme.jpg
Maybe that will help...Anyhoo, thanks!
Unread 01-10-2003, 05:10 PM   #4
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

Well, question #1 then is - how attached are you to your facial hair? lol. Not that there aren't characters with it, but that narrows the field a bit.
Unread 01-10-2003, 05:23 PM   #5
Mei Lan Chang
Its a "shoulder massager"

I think I saw you at last years Comic Con come to think of it.

But since it IS a comic con, ever think of doing a science fiction costume or fantasy costume? I think that's one reason I like Comic Con is because I can love anime and sci-fi and not run into any red tape. (Besides the tape on my fake weapons...)

You look like you would make excellent elf. Eh? Eh?
Unread 01-10-2003, 07:09 PM   #6
Kanshou

Ayaka - nope not attached to my facial hair emotionally, course, it feels fairly attached to my face

Mei Lan Chang - Thanks for the elf comment (I think :P) and I would prefer to do anime cosplay, but I would be interested in hearing your ideas
Unread 01-10-2003, 07:28 PM   #7
Setzer
E Nomine Michel

how about a giant catbit?

damn tenshi univers!!!

*grumbles for finding about anime too late in life!!*.
Unread 01-10-2003, 07:58 PM   #8
Radical Urd
Good to be Back

Whoa well buddy I have no idea, what are your favorite anime's? What about you're favorite character? I always go by that. Or I go by what will be the most eye catching costume, or do what my male friends do, what costume "attracts the chicks" hehe. anywho! its all up to you, brotha
Radical Urd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2003, 10:51 PM   #9
Ayaka
Ralph the Wonder Llama

Well you kinda remind me of this one character from Saiyuki . . . XD lol but I doubt you've seen that, or would really want to be an insane doctor anyway (you'd have to carry around a stuffed bunny . . .)

Anyways . . . this always happens, I know that someone reminds me of a character, but have a dreadful time placing which one. oO;;; I'll just brainstorm wildly. Gateau from Sorcerer Hunters . . . maybe Bolt Crank from Eat-Man? He's pretty tall. Maybe Andy from Cowboy Bebop? Though I've already talked one guy into cosplaying him, lol. Err . . . Cid Highwind?

*edit* And you also kind of remind me of Champ from Zillion. (Speaking of things you won't have heard of lol!)

Last edited by Ayaka : 01-10-2003 at 11:02 PM.
Ayaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2003, 01:40 AM   #10
Kanshou

Haha, well, I don't really have the braun to be gateau, but nice idea Well, if someone weren't already doing Andy, I would do that. I was thinking maybe Gowa from Gasaraki, but I have no way to make all the suit stuff that he wears when piloting the ATs. Never seen Eat-man, and I definately haven't heard of Zillion. I was trying to think of myabe something from Love Hina, but all the guys in that are pretty standard looking.. I wouldn't look like I was cosplaying. I had thought about Ikari Gendou, not sure though.
Unread 01-11-2003, 09:27 AM   #11
Rethul
It's an extravaganza!

Gendou Ikari'd be cool, you just have to grow you'r hair out a little bit and dye it black. And if you see anyone as Shinji you can tell them that they're a failure and you're still in character!
Rethul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2003, 12:48 PM   #12
Kanshou

That sounds good Now the fun part, deciding how I am gonna make that coat of his