Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-10-2003, 08:30 PM   #1
soshi
onna kaizoku

Lord of the Rings

there's been an other costumes sections for HOW LONG and there's not a LOTR thread yet? for shame!

not that I've actually cosplayed anything from it (running around with a hooded cape and plastic sword and proclaming I'm a Nazgul doesn't count, does it?), but I'm a huge Tolkien fan and so loooove seeing LOTR cosplayers. ^__^

sooOOoOooo.. who's done what, who wants to do what, and.. erm.. ect! XD; ... ^^;

And yes, this means you.
soshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-11-2003, 04:54 AM   #2
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

Hmm I thought there was (it's probably buried somewhere). I can't decide whether to start on Eowyn's bookmark outfit or to wait for her Dernhelm gear to choose XD
Babbit_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2003, 05:26 PM   #3
Pendrell
yea for thou art kickass.

Dernhelm! Dernhelm! XD

Wellll.... at the moment, I'm tentatively planning a group costuming excursion for the premiere of RotK. However, being that my friends are all cheap and lazy, we'll prolly end up as a troupe of rather ghetto elves. Or nothing at all, since they'll all back out last-minute. -_-; I personally wanted to try for the nine nazgul. Eh well.
But I *do* plan on making an outfit similar to Legolas', (albeit a Quendi version ^^) after I finish my other two current projects. Blargh.
Unread 01-12-2003, 12:16 AM   #4
peaseblossom
Admiral Hardass

I am doing Eowyn's dress (from when they are about to leave for Helm's Deep) for DragonCon '03. CamuiMana and I are meeting up for pictures (she's doing Arwen). Kell does one bad ass Arwen!
Unread 01-12-2003, 01:56 AM   #5
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

I'd be happy to do a girl from LOTR movies, except they all wear pretty dresses so far *pouts*. I wanna wear armor. Without a floor length skirt.
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2003, 09:38 AM   #6
Ringo
紙の翼

I bought fabric for Arwen's Chase dress yesterday. I just love all those layers. ^_^
Next Christmas seems soooo far away. =(
Unread 01-12-2003, 09:57 AM   #7
kelldar
kelldar the barbarian

hee thanks!! Yeah man I wanna do Eowyn in armour... but just thinking about wearing armour to the theater... I also want to go as Aragorn, lol.
Unread 01-12-2003, 01:01 PM   #8
Troppy
That was... objectionable

Hehe, I'm planning on doing Arwen's "Hope" dress from Two Towers. It's from the scene where Elrond is trying to convince Arwen to forget Aragorn...it's pretty simple, but beautiful...and nice for a beginner like me. I'm having some trouble figuring out the structure of the sleeves, though... :-/
Troppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2003, 09:14 PM   #9
Ceres86

I wanna do sumthing like a legolas/elf archer costume but like a female version of it I dont think I can pull off that legolas look XD
Ceres86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2003, 09:02 PM   #10
Sephy-Girl
Princess of Mirkwood

I'm planning to do Legolas especilally since I have EXACTLY the same color hair!!! Even though I'm a girl, I look a lot like him. My friends even think that he should be my boyfriend (even though he's really Orlando Bloom...) which is weird because one of my other friends likes him more than I do. Oh, well, I'm off the subject. Sorry.
Dennis: Oh, king, eh, very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers! By 'anging on to outdated imperialist dogma which pepetuates the economic and social difference in our society! If there's ever going to be any progress with the-
Woman: Dennis! There's some lovely filth down here!
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....egolassmil.jpg
Sephy-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2003, 09:12 PM   #11
Ceres86

Quote:
Originally posted by Sephy-Girl
I'm planning to do Legolas especilally since I have EXACTLY the same color hair!!! Even though I'm a girl, I look a lot like him. My friends even think that he should be my boyfriend (even though he's really Orlando Bloom...) which is weird because one of my other friends likes him more than I do. Oh, well, I'm off the subject. Sorry.
See! You're so lucky, I have practically black hair so I dont wanna dye it to blonde just to cosplay as legolas. And a wig makes my head look BIG lol I envy those who can pass as a guy (with the necessary changes like a wig etc) and also be a girl. Do I make sense? haha XD
Ceres86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2003, 11:34 PM   #12
peaseblossom
Admiral Hardass

Well, the *real* Legolas did have sorta blackish hair. The only elves that were supposed to be fair haired are those from Lorien. But that's beside the point. My brother in law looks exactly like Orlando Bloom in the face (and build). Teeny tiny guy he is.
peaseblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2003, 11:51 PM   #13
Pendrell
yea for thou art kickass.

Well, finally found a suitable pattern for the Requiem cloak/Departing Rivendell elf outfit. And for a mere $1.02! Hah! Oh, the wonderful cheapness. I love it! XP Well, anyhoo, now I've got to try it out on something cheap-n-disposable... before I go fabric-nutty and end up with rolls of various velvets. I Also found some lanterns that are amazingly reminiscent of the Requiem scene ones. So it looks like there'll be at least one Requiem elf at the RotK premiere. Now to get Lauren to jump on the elven bandwagon.
Unread 01-19-2003, 12:05 AM   #14
JoeBoeing
Man Kitty

Greetings all,

I want to cos-play Samwise... he was my favorite from the books. My face is similur to his.

How do I go about making a Samwise costume?

FRom,
Joe
JoeBoeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2003, 04:02 PM   #15
elfinder
Yuki Fan Girl

I want to, well I plan to make an Arwen gown. After going through all of the possibilities. I choose the white gown from the wet statue! I plan to wear it to the ball for Sakura Con 2003, Halloween 2003 and when I see Return of the King

Now I just need to save up for the Evenstar necklace, which will cost me about 94 usd *cries*

This is the dress
http://members.shaw.ca/danaka/arwen1.jpg
elfinder is offline   Reply With Quote