Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Unread 04-29-2005, 08:03 AM   #1
lainey
D2R Cosplay

Cosplaying from korean shows?

Anyone ever thought of cosplaying from korean shows...like Dae Jang Geum or even Nine-tailed fox for an example??

It definitely is a future possibility as I will be cosplaying from several korean sources very soon ^_^
2012 Cons: Coming to a con near you!
Anime North |Otakon
lainey is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-29-2005, 09:42 AM   #2
Silence_Sigh
yawn... bored...

costumes from hae shin looks nice. my fav is yum moons blue and khakis color costume.

See you at Otakon 07!
Silence_Sigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2005, 07:25 PM   #3
tsumikuroi
Call Me 'Sora'

^^ I would LOVE to do a Hae Shin cosplay. I would like to do a Lady Jami costume (her sapphire blue one) or a Miss Junghwa dress (her merchant's lavender gown).
Unread 05-01-2005, 07:44 PM   #4
Silence_Sigh
yawn... bored...

heh... i likie yum moons new look with his hair down & bandana covering his forehead... ^^

See you at Otakon 07!
Unread 05-04-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
Raenef

I think Hae Shin cosplay would be very nice. ^^ Wonderful costumes... I just can't seem to get into the show itself because they speak Chinese >.<;; and I can't read Korean too fast. *cough*

I think I'll do an 'Arahan' (movie) cosplay one day... I found it mildly amusing. ^^
Raenef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2005, 03:19 PM   #6
Silence_Sigh
yawn... bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenef
I think Hae Shin cosplay would be very nice. ^^ Wonderful costumes... I just can't seem to get into the show itself because they speak Chinese >.<;; and I can't read Korean too fast. *cough*

I think I'll do an 'Arahan' (movie) cosplay one day... I found it mildly amusing. ^^
O_O... hae shin is a KOREAN show and the only time they speack chinese is when yum moon + jang bo go goes to china. and even when they are in china, they speak korean 80% of the time. the 20% is when they talk to the chinese for trade dealz with the merchants and when chinese people are talking to each other. XD

btw hae shin is based on a true story. jang bo go really was a peasent who became a slave and went to china where he ended up in the prison and ended up becoming one of the well known merchant who defended china against the invaders and went back to korea to defeat the pirates and became a general who saved the shin la dynasty.

but if u ask me, i still likie yum moon better. ^^

arahan was a funny movie. but how r u going to cosplay? they are wearing normal clothes most of the time, unless ur planning to cosplay the evil dude.

See you at Otakon 07!
Unread 05-04-2005, 05:46 PM   #7
Raenef

I know it's a Korean show... ^^;; It's just that whenever I happen to drop in when my mom is watching, they're talking in Chinese with Korean subtitles. Then I try to sit through it and I get all confused. >.<;; Then they have the older/complex words which are defined with hanmun in the subtitles too... I was never too good at reading... ^^;;

I was planning on the evil dude's costume... ^^ from near the end... I forgot his name though... *cough* but an easy costume would be Arachi with the 'key' tatoo... and even though they had normal clothes... people don't usually walk around with weapons... Same principle as school uniform cosplayers like Sailor Moon or Battle Royal... it's just a school uniform~ but it's the weapon/accessories/hair that makes it cosplay. ^^
Unread 06-17-2005, 07:25 PM   #8
Teetah
~甘い雪~

Oh that's kewl such a thread exists ^^ I was thinking of cosplaying something from a korean show too. Maybe Ji-Eun from Full House (*-* Oh I luv this show~) but it's very hard for me to cosplay a character with "normal" clothes u know? ^^; A character from Ninetailed fox would be an option though. *g*
Unread 06-22-2005, 06:35 AM   #9
Squall1882

Lol.. Lainey thinking about cosplaying Jang Geum eh? ahahahaha.. that would be hilarious!! Though you'd need a lot of people for effect...
Squall1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2005, 07:55 AM   #10
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

My supervisor really loves Korean drama, and she's got me sorta interested in Chang Mu (sorry for the spelling - I have no idea how to write it and am romanizing what she said to me in Japanese), but the outfits wouldn't be recognizeable. They're just normal (albeit gorgeous) hanboks.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2005, 08:56 AM   #11
RealizeDOP
Lina <3 Eddeh

^__^ I would totally cosplay Korean shows~ :P heck i cosplay K pop singers already hahhahaha :P
Unread 12-08-2007, 10:20 PM   #12
SooYeonYi

I would totally do Coffee Prince cosplay.
Unread 12-09-2007, 04:49 PM   #13
Hasu
Aiiiish, 정말

ILY so much for making this thread. <3 This has been my secret cosplay obsession for a while...

Let's see.....I finished Gong Gil from Wang-ui Namja this September and plan to photoshoot it soon. ATM I'm working on Shin Chae Kyeong from Goong....it's a MASSIVE project, as I'm doing the royal hanbok version with the equally massive headpiece, but I love it so much.....and I'm making plans for Kiha of Tae Wang Sa Shin Ki ATM, because that show is consuming my brain....making mental subtitles is physically tiring, I swear. x_x
Hasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2007, 07:54 AM   #14
Raenef

Oh Hasu! *remembers you from han-loli thread*
Good luck with your cosplay!

I also thought about cosplaying from Tae Wang Sa Shin Ki... though I need to watch more of it... ^^;;