Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action) > Super Sentai

Unread 04-30-2005, 06:02 PM   #1
Patches
she killed a man

Wink Power Rangers Question

Okay, first question:Woud it be really really dumb to do a cosplay of Rita Repulsa from Power Rangers Season 1? (this doesn't really matter as I am going to do it anyway lol) I've done lots of costumes where all you got to do is sew it together, I want to try more "hardware"

Also, I was a huge fan of her when I was little but it is sooooo hard to find pics of her anymore. I was wondering if ayone had something they could scan? I can find a few pics of her online but they are all very low-res and waist-up.

Question 3:Would this be allowed in Otakon's cosplay? I mean it's not anime but technically it IS Japanese....

Question 4: The only thing that really kinda scares me about this project is the headpeice/wig. Would making a duel-conical base out of pink industrial insulation foam and then affix the wig to it with caulking and pins work? I've never worked with wigs before so I'm not sure how to take that on >.> I could keep it on my head with a strap under the chin if i had to since she has those flaps on the side of the headdress that would cover it...

Any suggestions for any part of this costume?
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-30-2005, 07:46 PM   #2
mikazuki
三日月

Power Rangers isn't Japanese, it's an Amercian series based on a Japanese series. :P Otakon would allow stuff from the live action series since they allowed Pretty Guardian Sailormoon cosplay in last year, if I remember correctly.

Bandora (which is the original name of the character in MMPR) has a somewhat difficult headpiece to replicate. You can find many, many pictures of her on Sentai websites if you look for Zyuranger and not Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I know of at least four sites with some decent pictures of her.

I think using a styrofoam cone and wrapping hair extentions around it would be a good place to start. You could attact it to a cheap bike helmet that was round in shape, probably can find those at a Goodwill or Salvation Army. The way her hair is and her top is you can easily hide the straps of the helmet.
Unread 04-30-2005, 10:27 PM   #3
Patches
she killed a man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikazuki
Power Rangers isn't Japanese, it's an Amercian series based on a Japanese series. :P Otakon would allow stuff from the live action series since they allowed Pretty Guardian Sailormoon cosplay in last year, if I remember correctly.

Bandora (which is the original name of the character in MMPR) has a somewhat difficult headpiece to replicate. You can find many, many pictures of her on Sentai websites if you look for Zyuranger and not Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I know of at least four sites with some decent pictures of her.

I think using a styrofoam cone and wrapping hair extentions around it would be a good place to start. You could attact it to a cheap bike helmet that was round in shape, probably can find those at a Goodwill or Salvation Army. The way her hair is and her top is you can easily hide the straps of the helmet.

ty! That was very helpful ^^
Patches is offline   Reply With Quote