Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender

Unread 02-18-2014, 08:03 AM   #1
lilone

Help with Katara

I'm just getting into cos and I figured Katara would be a good one to start with since the costume pieces are all pretty simple from a sewing standpoint. I'm having a hard time deciding what type of fabric to use though. Any suggestions?
lilone is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #2
Aneko-chan

I know it's a bit late, but I used something plain, like broadcloth or anything like that. It felt nice and there's usually plenty of different color options
Aneko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #3
Kesra
Smooch a Pheonix Today!

I'd actually stay away from broadcloth. It wrinkles if you look at it sideways. You need to learn how to tell the quality of broadcloth before you really get in to working with it.

Go to a fabric store and look at their selection of fabric. What you're going to want is something that flows nicely and preferably a natural fiber. Hold it over your hand and see how it drapes over your hand. It has a tiny bit of weight to it but it's not stiff if that makes sense?

Remaking Season 3 Azula.

Done/Working On/Pattern/Not started

Pants Tunic Dickie Surcoat Armor Boots Belt Wig
Check out my new facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/kesracosplay
Kesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #4
Aneko-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesra View Post
I'd actually stay away from broadcloth. It wrinkles if you look at it sideways. You need to learn how to tell the quality of broadcloth before you really get in to working with it.

Go to a fabric store and look at their selection of fabric. What you're going to want is something that flows nicely and preferably a natural fiber. Hold it over your hand and see how it drapes over your hand. It has a tiny bit of weight to it but it's not stiff if that makes sense?
I've never had that problem (I used it for Fire Nation Katara), but what she said!
Aneko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote