Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender

Unread 10-16-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
stgmz

Need help with Sokka cosplay

Up until now I had a guy I met from Youmacon (the con I go to) last year making me my Sokka cosplay and the meteor sword but he bailed on me last minute and I need the cosplay by the 30th of this month at the latest, I realize thats no where near enough time for someone to make me the cosplay so are there any people out there willing to help me or any other alternatives im missing? In your opinion is the sokka cosplay fanplusfriend sells accurate enough? is there anyway I can find the sword or at least his boomerang, I wasn't going for the fire nation version or invasion version just the typical sokka book 3 wear since im not shaving my head, or am I mostly screwed? I really love this show its a show I've rewatched 20+ times now and have never gotten bored of which doesn't go for any other cartoon really, its got a special place in my heart for sure so I'll be bummed if I can't pull this off, its something ive been excited about all year.
stgmz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-17-2014, 10:30 PM   #2
SquidCanCosplay

Which fanplusfriend costume are you looking at, the typical Sokka or the meteor sword episode Sokka? Because both of them look pretty accurate-- in fact, they look like the most accurate ATLA costumes from that site outside from Yue's. I have no experience with buying cosplays from websites, though, so for all I know, it could come to your house looking completely different. It's a risk worth taking if you don't have the time or skill to sew it yourself, though.

Also, it's alright to be not entirely accurate, especially if you're new to cosplay. As long as you're recognizable and you're having fun, it's awesome. Cosplay is about having fun

I'm not sure where you'd find his boomerang or meteor sword, but you could probably make them yourself before October 30th if you really went into crunch time (which is what I'm doing with my Katara costume, lol) and had access to the proper tools. Here are a whole bunch of tutorials, including a cardboard sword if you're really pressed for time.

I hope that helped!
Drag!Yukio Okumura (Just Started)
Future Cosplays:
Casual!Rin Okumura
Hanji Zoe
Maya Fey
Somebody from FE:A

SquidCanCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote