Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.92 average.
Unread 11-17-2005, 09:16 AM   #316
Jes
Banned

I think i might just get some wire, bring out the plaster of paris. and begin to work on the armor. And Also finish my Lil' Riku Shirt. It's almost done, i'm very proud of it~ And i really should be. Hopefully I also want to maybe be Yue if it's not to hard for me.. :< Because i'm VERY VERY new to sewing.. So yeah. I hope to soon get good at it and make MANYMANY costumes. Yue's pretty :>
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-17-2005, 02:18 PM   #317
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

neat;

...anyone else notice that Dante Basco (Zuko) has showed up on the DDR Mario Mix commercial? Maybe i'm wrong but..sure does look like him.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 05:59 AM   #318
Ironekilz

Haven't seen any Avatar commercials or anything. What does Yue look like? If you go as Yue, Jes, we could have a whole "Women of Avatar" going on!

I haven't seen the DDR commercials either, but if it is him that would be pretty funny!
Unread 11-19-2005, 12:25 PM   #319
Jes
Banned

I was thinking of that
But i was thinking if we do that, i'm being Zula.
Unread 11-24-2005, 07:50 PM   #320
Gackt_Girl
Behind You

I died for a long time. D: I'm sorryyyy

Good luck on everyone's costumes! >w< Ironekilz, we need piiiicccsss! XD At least I do;I might explode. =o oh, happy fat day!

I think Yue's would be an awesome cosplay. XD I favored her over Suki a bit. Even though she was a.....water tribe person...............

meh, I'm considering a Jun. I got the boots the belts,the lipstick and the dress so why not. ^^; I'm gonna try my best to do Zuko. T_T But I just found out that we're in charge of our own costumes in our school musical and I have to whip together an Arabian dancing costume. 0_o; So from there I thought 'why not make and use the lower half of kuja's outfit from ff9' so then i decided to do the whole thing. -.-; But I'll work my ass off.^^; So what's new
Ao no Exorcist- Shura
Gackt_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2005, 08:16 PM   #321
Beware_UY7
Reckless Youth

Mmm... so~ Avatar marathon (which I forced my family to watch) really hyped me up to want to work on a Zuko costume. I'mma just ask for fabric for Christmas.
Mm, fun with latex.
Though, I would really love to make Yue's outfit and wig, because she's gorgeous... but I'm far too ungirly and tall to cosplay her... I'll drag a friend into it or something.
Though... I wonder if Zuko is even gonna' appear again in the uniform we've grown used to....
Unread 11-24-2005, 08:22 PM   #322
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

yeah...I should start on June (gar, I don't like the spelling! I'm sticking with Jun!) after Chrno...
Unread 11-24-2005, 10:15 PM   #323
ACXchan
I sink you now!

I've been looking at Jun and the Blue Spirit (spoiler alert...) for Avatar cosplays. Ideally I'd want to get a Fire Nation group together to cosplay Zuko's boating crew XD Gotta see what happens in episode 19 first.
ACXchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2005, 10:55 AM   #324
Jes
Banned

Dude, now we can't make like Zuko with a single scar.. xD he's got like. MILLIONS OF LITTLE SCRATCHES
Unread 11-25-2005, 11:24 AM   #325
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

that's what happens when ships explode. ^.^

i'm actually surprised with how simple Jun's costume is; I don't even have to modify anything..which is nice. The main part of it is a Chinese dress without sleeves..it's just lots of buckles, 'cause she's so badass.

Another Jun would be awesome, ACXchan...twice the annoyance and pain for Zukos. hehe. You'll probably kick my butt if you do Jun too, but I don't care. ^/^

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 11-25-2005 at 11:39 AM.
Unread 11-25-2005, 02:12 PM   #326
ACXchan
I sink you now!

I'm all about prosthetics so I'm looking forward to a Zuko costume but I'm having issues with his hair. I look pretty unreal in a bald cap, not to mention I'll have to glue some hair to it, bah x__x May just cheat and use a full head of hair ^ ^;;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurouni_Ina_Box
Another Jun would be awesome, ACXchan...twice the annoyance and pain for Zukos. hehe. You'll probably kick my butt if you do Jun too, but I don't care. ^/^
Aww don't say that, besides it's Zuko's butt we should be kicking XD Getting an Uncle Iroh would be a plus @D@
ACXchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2005, 02:21 PM   #327
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

yay for tormenting Zuko. It's fun!

We do need an Iroh..though I know an Iroh would get way too much enjoyment out of two Juns.

The hair? Huh, yeah..that is a big problem for Zuko cosplayers, isn't it? I suppose we can chalk that up to the character designers..

My my, Katsu is going to be very interesting. If anyone forgot, I think that's where we're all planning to meet up (though I need to confirm that I'm actually going first...oh, and Katsu moved; we're going to be dealing with DC workers too. ^.^). Though I highly doubt I'm going..ew, too much money..I'm going to see how much Ohyaocon is..gomen nasai! Maybe next year.

Oi...ACXchan is clear across the country...aw.

I think I'm going to be happy to work on Jun after Chrno is done..much much fun.

Quote:
I noticed some of you that were planning Zuko costumes were wondering how to do his hair...well, there's a pre-made costume brand called Coventry (they make vampire type costumes..you can find them at Halloween/costume shops) that makes a bald cap that has a strip of black hair on it that could easily be pulled into a ponytail.
The only bad thing about this bald cap is that it's a whitish color so you'd have to use something like spray on foundation to give it a flesh-toned color.
above originally from Koneko_Miyabi; hope that helps you ACXchan.

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 11-25-2005 at 02:48 PM.
Unread 11-25-2005, 03:03 PM   #328
JiggyJigen

hey all! new to this thread, and i have a few avatar things on my lsit of to-do's. They include Aang, Zuko, and Sokka (probably with that cool water tribe warrior paint job). I also wanna try a few original bender outfits, but im working on....like 0ver 30 outfits right now, so they have to wait a while. I do know that for zuko, im a makeup nut so it'll look cool as hell and all seared-fleshness. (huzzah) and since ive made a few masks i might make the spirit mask, which im convinced is related to the lady hannya (due to expression and fangs mostly). i'll prolly make it in the same method i did for my TNBC lock mask, plastic and paper mache combo. also, some people earlier in the thread were talkin about plushies, and my brother is an expert plushie maker (they look store bought), he's an avatar nerd, maybe he'd like to make an appa or momo ^^. well when i get some work done on any of these outfits, i'll be sure to share. good luck to everyone else on they're stuff! (note: if anyone gets pics of a zuko cosplay or sakko, please inform me, cuz ive only seen them in photos on deviat art)

Next con: Supercon (Oct31-Nov 2)
Kirk Lazarus...(don't even ask, it will be so insane.) For info... go here
JiggyJigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2005, 03:09 PM   #329
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

JiggyJigen! WHOO! um, anyway...I can't remember who did the Blue Spirit Zuko cosplay, but they had a picture..I'm just too busy to go back and fetch the link. But yeah...

Momo and Appa plushies! Must get pictures of those when he's done.
Unread 11-25-2005, 05:40 PM   #330
Jes
Banned

you mean me?