Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 100 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 11-25-2005, 07:09 PM   #331
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

yeth, Jes. ^.^ I don't remember when you posted the link. It was a while ago.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-28-2005, 05:54 AM   #332
Ironekilz

Well, I got the pattern for my skirt figured out this past weekend, but I haven't cut it out or sewn it yet. It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I'm able to get back to it.

I'm sure glad to see more people interested in doing Avatar costumes though!
Unread 11-28-2005, 06:34 PM   #333
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

There's a THREAD ALL READY!?!?!? I had no clue (must tell JuuJuu) but my roommate and i are TOTALLY obsessed with Avatar so of course we are doing costumes for next years Animazement. (check the sig!) I am doing Yue and she's doing Katara. Avatar is the absolute greatest. I had a lot of faith in that show before it aired and they lived up to that faith. I couldn't watch all of the marathon, but i did manage to squeeze in a couple of episodes. I just hope i can pull off being as beautiful as Yue.

I also wanted to do an original Firebender, but i don't know how to go about the design. I want a female...but i can not remember seeing a female Firebender in the show....so the design will be all on me to come up with...and that isn't very good because i will make it as skimpy as possible to save money on fabric o.O

Potential Costumes Aisha Clan Clan, WilyKat, Storm
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2005, 06:49 PM   #334
ACXchan
I sink you now!

I think Avatar is one of those shows with a setting that's perfect for original designs (original bender, original avatar, original master, original pirate XD). So I say go for it ^ ^
ACXchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2005, 06:58 PM   #335
Ironekilz

Yep, go for it! I don't remember seeing any female fire benders either, but that just means you have the freedom to do what you want! It's like Amano, but without all the complicated beading.
Unread 11-28-2005, 07:52 PM   #336
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

^.^ Avatar is one place where I wouldn't mind originial designs in the costume department..

And YUE! that's awesome..

..and now all the Zukos have an excuse to breakdance and ballroom dance, because his voice, Dante Basco, is in movie called "Take the Lead" ^.^

Yeah...that was off topic. If I bring anything Avatar to Katsu, I need to make it quick..`
Unread 11-28-2005, 09:43 PM   #337
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

I'm nervous about my Yue though. I've got maybe two, full body ref. pics....and they are showing different things for the bottom, but i'll improvise. I promise to post pictures!

I will probably end up doing an original Firebender....I just imagine the females to be so...scantily clad because every other nation's females seem so covered UP!

Unread 11-29-2005, 05:19 PM   #338
Infernoman
Hot as Hell

^^^
There was one very brief moment I saw a female character in the fire nation. IIRC, it was in the episode where Iroh explains to the crew why Zuko is obsessed with geting the Avatar. The female character was shown when Zuko was being punished by the Fire Lord as Iroh looked away. You really don't see much but I just wanted to say that.

*edit* I found the pic! not all that great but proof enough.
http://www.musogato.com/avatar/epics.../storm_107.jpg

Also it's good to see so much love for this show! I'd like to do a Sokka cosplay in the future or maybe even one of the Yunyan Archers or (if i can find a wig) Jet.

Unknown/on Hiatus until further notice...

Last edited by Infernoman : 11-29-2005 at 05:34 PM.
Infernoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2005, 07:14 PM   #339
Ironekilz

Ah yes, that would be Zula, Zuko's sister. Can't believe I forgot about her! Going by what she's wearing, it seems if you're a female you wear pretty much what the men wear, at least if you're part of the army. I imagine if you're a regular Fire Nation person you could wear what you want. I don't know that they would necessarily be scantily clad though. The closest I've seen in the show to that, even looking at background characters, was Jun's outfit, and I wouldn't consider that scantily clad at all.
Unread 11-29-2005, 08:20 PM   #340
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

i was just saying they'd be "scan. clad" because...well...the fire nation...they'd be "firey women". LOL. Sorry for my bad taste in brain thought. I just always imagined them begin more of a seductress then covered completly. They are the Fire Nation! They don't have to quake in fear for no body! muhahahahaha! *cough* Yeah.

Unread 11-30-2005, 06:12 AM   #341
Ironekilz

Oh no, I'm not offended or anything. Feel free to pull out the creative license! I'm interested to see what you come up with!
Unread 12-03-2005, 11:57 AM   #342
Jes
Banned

Haha They Mentioned Zula In The Season Finale~ Bye Bye Zhao Hello Zula~ :d
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2005, 12:18 PM   #343
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

That finale was...hot dog....now I'm going to have to do Spirit!Yue for Katsu...it was all sad and stuff, and Zuko wanting to..aw. I loved it.

I knew they were going to pull something like that with Zula. Just introduce her in the last like, five minutes of the season finale. And we heard Ozai speak! Or did we hear him before? *shrugs* Very awesomeness..

i just hope firebender.com gets screencaps of episode 20 soon; otherwise I have no reference pictures.

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 12-03-2005 at 12:43 PM.
Unread 12-03-2005, 01:16 PM   #344
Ironekilz

I agree, what a fantastic finale! I'm loving how the story is progressing!

This upcoming weekend I will definitely be aiming for finishing the main portion of my costume. I ordered a wig off of ebay, so that should be on its way soon. Then all I have to worry about are shoes, fans, makeup and the hat. Out of all of those, what's really worrying me is the hat.
Unread 12-03-2005, 05:21 PM   #345
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

fwee...I need a rundown of who is actually coming to Katsu, and as who (being hopeful).

I still don't know for certain, but I need a sliver wig for Allen anyway; won't hurt to get one that I can use for Hakudoshi later..so you might have a Spirit!Yue, at least.

and whoever is coming to Katsu: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=63989

tell me here! I'd love to know.

and fwee! Firebender.com rules; they have Siege of the North screencaps now.

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 12-04-2005 at 10:19 AM.