Vegetto's Girl
one whos never loved

Help for some reason i have lost my inspiration for cosplay

I need to get it back, but i dont know how and i love cosplay
Vegetto's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-07-2005, 06:43 PM   #2
Ayame0
Psycho J-rocker

I suggest that you look at some others amazing cosplays. Of the top of my head, try Sadistic_Mana's galley. I was looking at it today, and was amazed ^_^ It should give you some intiative (It sure did for me )
edit: And I forgot, remember all the looks you'll get and the excitement of wearing a brand new costume, completed and ready. And the cons, don't forget those either!

--Costumes:--
Surprise: 0%
Ritsuka (Opening, black vers.): 100%
Raison D'etre Kyo: 100%
Ayame0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2005, 07:14 PM   #3
makotohanabi
Chuu?

Don't worry about it, happens to everyone.

Check out a new anime or manga series,it might inspire you a bit. Is there a costume or part of a costume or prop that you always wanted to do but don't have the time/money/skills? now could be the time to start it. Or you could take a break for a few weeks and concentrate on another hobby.
makotohanabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2005, 11:15 PM   #4
Imari
Perfectly Hopeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by makotohanabi
Don't worry about it, happens to everyone.

Check out a new anime or manga series,it might inspire you a bit. Is there a costume or part of a costume or prop that you always wanted to do but don't have the time/money/skills? now could be the time to start it. Or you could take a break for a few weeks and concentrate on another hobby.
i got that cosplay blues thing too trust me. but then i see cool outfits and things that i want to wear and it reminds me why i wanted to cosplay in the first place. maybe if you could get a cosplay buddy who can work on sewing and such with you that might help to. kinda inspire each other you know. trust me i dont have a cosplay buddy but i would love to have one. not to many cosplayers in missouri where i live in high ridge
but just hang in there its a phaze

OUTFITS DONE: Chii Bakery (Commisioned) | Belldandy Blue Dress (Commisioned) | Chii White Dress Ending | Bible Black School Outfit |

Outfits In the Making: Woodland Elf Skirt and Shirt set. | Steel Angel Kurumi Lolita style | Chi/Freya Black Suit Dress/Swimsuit thingy |

Outfits Planned: Sailor Something | Who Knows what else...
Imari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2005, 01:53 AM   #5
xmissxhellx

oh poo... thats never a good thing, but dont worry! it happens to the best of us! you may get burnt out on it for a while, but soon enough it'll come back to you. perhaps you could go out and find yourself a new anime series? getting into chobits really made me get into cosplay again! ^-^ hope you get your inspiration back soon!
xmissxhellx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2005, 09:28 PM   #6
kerochan
Poot de bolume up!

Sometimes if you are working on something for a long time you get kind of frusterated and then you don't even want to see your cosplay. Trust me this has happened to me many times and like you just have to like not look at working on it. If helps just to back away for a bit and you will probably get back to it eventually.
I find that the suggestions that everyone said do help. Watch some new anime, look at other people's galleries. You can get inspired to cosplay again in the strangest ways-like walking around and seeing something that resembles a characters outfit or like a prop or something..
Don't worry it will pass and you will be cosplaying again before you know it LOL

Last edited by kerochan : 05-23-2005 at 09:37 PM.
kerochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2005, 02:17 PM   #7
Anbu Neko

Ah, I remember going through this myself X_X After two failed costume attempts, I just took a good, long break. Several months, actually. I tried making a costume for a con in Feb, but gave up. Now I'm fired up and ready to cosplay again after that long break..

Just do what the others have said; take a look at the amazing work of some other cosplayers; it definately got me excited and ready to try again ^__^ Hope you get back into the groove! ;o;
Anbu Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2005, 11:09 PM   #8
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

I reccomend looking at the "Daydream Artisans" site and gaping in supreme envy XD Sit down and watch some of your favorite animes! Read your favorite mangas! Look for those "MUST... HAVE IT!!!" costumes... AND GET TO WORK!!!
*stares at avatar* Yeah. I gotta finish that...

~Ari-chan
Unread 06-07-2005, 05:12 PM   #9
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

totally understand the failed cosplay thing. i did yuri sakazaki from king of fighters and it looked really good to me but when i saw it on eurobeat king's photo gallery i looked like a blimp!! i couldn't believe how bad it looked! the costume itself was great (or so i thought x_x )until i saw myself. but that's okay 'cause i'm gonna try something different @ next years a-kon!
Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2005, 05:12 PM   #10
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

that was from a friend of mine...i don't crossplay!!!
Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote